Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so polling is wrong? or just anything that isn't rasmussen, right?
    No the dynamics of polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate. They really on old forms of communication, specifically a land line. Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll is why I used them.

- - - Updated - - -

But don't let me get everyone off track the Russian Hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    No the dynamics of polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate. They really on old forms of communication, specifically a land line. Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll is why I used them.

- - - Updated - - -

But don't let me get everyone off track the Russian Hoax.
    you cherry picked them because their results fit your narrative then decry in your own words "polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate." you basically self owned yourself. well done.

you cherry picked them because their results fit your narrative then decry in your own words "polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate." you basically self owned yourself. well done.
    Ok you can go on believing Nate Silver. And when 2020 arrives and liberals reenacts the movie Bird Box don't come crying to me. So back to the Russian Hoax.

Actually, most polling outfits have updated their methodology to reflect the changing times and the fact that large chunks of folks (especially younger) don't have land lines. It's pretty rare for polls to be land line only, actually.

So again, is this an issue of, "All polls are fake unless I like the results"? Because it seems that way.

Also, you're looking at Bush's re-election in a vacuum that doesn't include context like - The US was pretty much at the height of our wars in the middle east, and wartime presidents are almost always re-elected. Unless there's a new war starting any time soon, Trump won't benefit from that.

It's like, that kind of context that's important and shit in understanding the issue. Polls should never be viewed in a vacuum.

This thread isn't about polling. Fuck off, all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Actually, most polling outfits have updated their methodology to reflect the changing times and the fact that large chunks of folks (especially younger) don't have land lines. It's pretty rare for polls to be land line only, actually.

So again, is this an issue of, "All polls are fake unless I like the results"? Because it seems that way.

Also, you're looking at Bush's re-election in a vacuum that doesn't include context like - The US was pretty much at the height of our wars in the middle east, and wartime presidents are almost always re-elected. Unless there's a new war starting any time soon, Trump won't benefit from that.

It's like, that kind of context that's important and shit in understanding the issue. Polls should never be viewed in a vacuum.
    Speaking for myself, I haven't had a landline since 2003. I don't even know anyone that has had a landline in a very long time.

Ok you can go on believing Nate Silver. And when 2020 arrives and liberals reenacts the movie Bird Box don't come crying to me. So back to the Russian Hoax.
    Trump may win, that doesnt change the fact that this "russian hoax" hasn't helped him.

Trump may win, that doesnt change the fact that this "russian hoax" hasn't helped him.
    I think it will in the long run. The greatest thing it has done is energize the base. That wins elections. It has become which side can energize their base more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This thread isn't about polling. Fuck off, all of you.
    go eat a snickers

The greatest damage that will benefit Trump is the damage it has done to establishment media. This is our generations WMD moment.

I think it will in the long run. The greatest thing it has done is energize the base. That wins elections. It has become which side can energize their base more.
    The kavanaugh debacle also energized the base. problem with this logic is the election is a LONG ways away. in 2 years this will seem like a decade ago with the way trump constant scandals keep changing up the news cycle.

The kavanaugh debacle also energized the base. problem with this logic is the election is a LONG ways away. in 2 years this will seem like a decade ago with the way trump constant scandals keep changing up the news cycle.
    Ya I think this will be with us for a while. It all depends who the Democrats elect and if the economy is in good shape. If the economy is strong there is no Democrat who will beat him.

So what I'm gathering from the last few pages of this thread is people don't understand what probability is or how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So what I'm gathering from the last few pages of this thread is people don't understand what probability is.
    What was the probability that Trump was a Russian traitor that conspired with the government to take the 2016 election.

Ya I think this will be with us for a while. It all depends who the Democrats elect and if the economy is in good shape. If the economy is strong there is no Democrat who will beat him.
    again, be careful with this logic, the same was said about clinton in 2016, the economy was in good shape and nobody could beat her.

again, be careful with this logic, the same was said about clinton in 2016, the economy was in good shape and nobody could beat her.
    Trump does not have virtually every media complex behind him. There is no air of inevitability behind him as the media tried to paint with Clinton.

Trump does not have virtually every media complex behind him. There is no air of inevitability behind him as the media tried to paint with Clinton.
    apparently there is though according to you at least.

apparently there is though according to you at least.
    Generally someone that would support the President would believe he is going to win. Someone who doesn't would believe that opposite. How successful would someone be if there supporters believed they were going to loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Agreed back to the Russian Hoax.