Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    If there is 'nothing to do' then perhaps its time to re-assess your gaming needs and find something else to do with your time/money.
    I found doing a road trip, getting a gf, doing stuff outside of game, hang out with a current gf more. Now, if he comes back and says *There's nothing more in life to do* Then something is wrong. lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

There's content, it's just not overly enjoyable, so many of us turn to alts, but quickly get bored on them... doing the same content.

I do the odd Mythic+ each week for the chest if there happens to be a guild group LFM when I'm online, but outside of that, I don't bother. Why? Because we've cleared H Jaina so grinding M+ for possible upgrades is rather boring. Especially just to get gear I already have with a higher ilvl, or a socket. What about Mythic you say? We all know Mythic raids were not intended to be cleared by everyone, and in a friendly guild such as ours, we'll never have a core 20 players of the right class/specs showing up every night.

As for world content, well I could do my emissary cache each day or 3. But why? I might care again (like Legion) once we can fly, but honestly, it's not enjoyable at all.
    Warfronts? zzzz The 400 piece per cycle is good for alts, but that's about it.
    Islands? Again, nope. Nice idea, but it's just a mindless grind.
    PvP? Actually, can be quite fun. But, similar to M+, can be very hit or miss with pugs and I cbf sending in my CV to very group LFM, so I just queue randoms. I find playing a healer, I can influence the outcome more than I would as a DPS (especially as alliance) so it's quite enjoyable.

So, at the moment, I clear Heroic BOD on my main each week. Do LFR BoD on an alt or 2, possibly a M+ on my main, and random BG's on a few characters for Conquest.

To summarize my thoughts here. WOW is a bloated mess of content repeatable content, it's been this way for a while now but BFA made it worse. However, by only doing what I enjoy and ignoring the rest, I've found just enough content to keep subbed without getting burned out.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2019-04-02 at 01:25 AM.

Thumbs down

Yeah, it's really stupid and sad.

Don't care about cosmetics or vanity items (pets, transmogs, achieves etc), have absolutely zero desire to grind AP. Islands and Warfronts are the most unfun content I've ever experienced in this game. Dungeons are pointless to do, because in 3 weeks your gear will be obsolete and there will be a new catch up mechanic that will get you better gear than you had anyway.

2 of the guilds I've been in have already died this expansion. One of which I was raiding with since the end of MoP. Very sad. RIP.

Professions are literally gold sinks with no use. PvP is meh, not very fun right now. Dungeons are pointless, not going to spam mythic + for a chance at maybe getting a random item, or getting a piece of azerite armor I can't even use the traits on because my arbitrary item number isn't a high enough number.

Doing the same thing over and over with slightly larger numbers isn't content. It's repetition.

Everything is just so dead and soulless. Nothing matters, everything is pointless, there is nothing to strive for or work towards.
    Last edited by sephrinx; 2019-04-02 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ah ya it is.

Normal mythic dungeons are so face roll one should be careful calling that content.

M+ you actually need to pay attention to what you are doing for a start.
    Yes it is harder but still same dungeons, same bosses, same lore and same enviroment = same content. New difficulty levels are not considered as new content. New content is new dungeon or raid not new difficulty.

May i ask all of you if you "actually" do any PvP?
    Random BG's count

Plenty of classes/specs to test in the battlefield.

Im currently leveling (via random BG's) a Brewmaster monk.
    Most fun ive had in a while

Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean content doesn't exist. There is tons of stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Even someone like Musclebrah (number 1 on R.io score), who completed like 500 M+ dungeons in BfA season 2, and the vast majority at a very high level, has 414 ivl. Less than what Mythic drops baseline. Zmok is 416 ilvl even playing a dozen of high M+ every day.

And the flawed logic "a casual can be mythic geared" (not only one or two pieces) is NEVER proven. Not a single armory link, nothing.
    I'm certain it's an E-peen thing. They can't show off to people who mostly don't care about their gear. They basically want to be the guy who stands on the mail box and have the unwashed masses called casuals bow down to them. Seeing them with gear hurts their ego. Which is why they always goes "This feels like, that feels like." and don't go into objectivity over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    ... okay, I guess?
    I mean are you comparing 1.1 with 8.1 or are you comparing late, end of expansion type of patches with what we've got right now?...
    'Cause what you had during 1.1 was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMPpAfPbjc
    ... not a lot of content.
    I'm not saying there's a shit ton of stuff to do now (if you're a casual fuck like I am)... but why say something false like saying that back then there was a lot of stuff to do?
    not only is that not a fair comparison, but you're still wrong, compare relevant MMORPG features of 1.1 and 8.1 (assuming you have been playing somewhat actively during wows lifetime)

in 1.1 you had nothing, not only did u have to level from level 1, levelling multiple characters also came with a lot of benefits because of how unique they were, unlike the amazing unique abilities of today such as Lock picking, which every class can now do with both inscription and Black smithing for practically free \o/

You had no gold. how did you make gold? You farmed... a lot. why did u need gold? for all the same reasons as today, enchants, consumeables, but also class abilities such as Blind, the usefullness of different pots and elixirs, which could be used in ALL content, unlike today where PVP is only Arena, because it has been balanced around 3v3 and not Battlegrounds, where M+ is extremely limited in what items are allowed and which aren't and just the fact that almost none of the pots and elixirs exist anymore, they all got heavily nerfed to the point of being useless, or simply removed.

Basically, gold had WAY more value than it does in BFA, But even assuming it had similar value, look at the economy of wow, garrisons and class halls destroyed wow's economy together with increased spawn points and limited quality farmable materials, this means there is 2 efficient ways to make gold in wow (excluding exploits) That is Boosting, and it is playing the auction house. and playing the auction house has also been pretty much destroyed in BFA, this is something that would take ages to explain, so feel free to do some research about how other auctionhouse goblins feel about it, and how many have quit.

I can make 50k gold in 20-30 minutes boosting a +15 atal key, compare that to farming herbs or mining and u'll quickly realize whatever server you play on, that is most likely gonna be close to 3-5x more gold per hour from boosting, than farming.

The gearing process was not just more impactful than in the later forms of WoW, but it was indeed also a lot slower, and that isnt just raid gear, this goes for all forms of gear including dungeons, rep grinds, etc. you were looking for way more specific items, with a lower drop rate, in dungeons that took about 4x as long as they do now adays, if not even longer.

There is nothing false about his statement, Classic wow had a lot of opportunity for Solo Content in the shape of farming, which Could also be done in groups, it was way more relevant than it is today, the closest comparison would be AP grinding, and most people do not like Islands, or WQ's in BFA and the fact they are the only decent content for grinding AP is a big problem. and theres not a lot of incentive to do this grind, as the upgrades are incredibly minimal past the very easy and quick level requirements.

It's general not a good idea to talk about a subject that you obviously aren't very well informed on, and then link a video that has very close to nothing to do about the subject of lack of content. and its pretty rude to try and call people out and call them liars based on your very warped and limited logic.

I was a hardcore player in BFA, recently quit that, I've also been an active PVP'er for a lot of wow's lifespan, and generally been sticking around in the top 0.5%, so when it comes to the topic of Content i feel like i should have a pretty decent idea. meanwhile you have admitted yourself that you are a casual player, did u even play 1.1? have u ever actually played on a blizzlike vanilla server for real atleast? in current wow, u do WQ's to get ur neck to lvl 38, which is about 1 hour of total content, u gear through M+ and Mythic raiding, where the dungeon part takes about 10 hours till u have gotten the gear you want except for insane Titanforges etc, so once u have done ur 11 hours of content, u log on, you raid ur 6-9 hours a week, and u log off. this is not a lot of content compared to 1.1, lets say we add the 5-6 hours it takes to get from lvl 110-120 through questing if u dont want to do a freehold boost which would take 1-2 hours. and that adds up to a total of 17 hours + 6-9 hours of raiding a week afterwards if you are a mythic raider.

Meanwhile just levelling ur character in vanilla as lets say a rogue, will take most ppl an average player between 150-250 hours of actual play time. thats more time than levelling, gearing, and raiding for a WHOLE tier takes now. then add getting ur dungeon gear on top, lets use the Crit BiS leather shoulders as an example, it has a 17% droprate, scholomance generally takes 1 hour for player who have a clue, and 3 or so hours for newer or more casual players. these shoulders will be BiS for EVERYONE except for maybe ur healer in the group 99% of the time. so thats 17/4 making it a roughly 4% drop chance, since u will most likely not get the same ppl who already got them, to help you out getting urs afterwards. that means it would take u roughly 24 runs of scholomance to get ur BiS Dungeon shoulders, of which would take an experienced player way over 24 hours since getting a grp together, and travelling there woulld probably add another 30 minutes to an hour to each run, making it closer to 40 hours for an experienced good player to get 1 of your Dungeon items before raiding. don't even get me started on some of the harder items to acquire such as ur trinkets, and u should be able to see that OP has a point. You are done with the content of the game in less than a week even for people with limited play time. u could get it ur character and gearing done over a single weekend. meanwhile that wouldnt even get u past level 30 in 1.1

Please i beg, stop spreading misinformation, not only is it rude, but all it does is create a worse world everytime u do it, cuz someone somewhere will read it, and believe it and spread the same wrong information to the next person. saying You don't like how Long things take in 1.1 is completely different, but its a fact that time wise 1.1 had way more content, when u compare 1.1 to 8.1, 1.1 also had more dungeons than BFA has had so far, it had WAY more zones, more expansive professions, etc. no matter ur metric as long as u arent being intelectually dishonest, 1.1 has more content, so why say something false like saying OP is lying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Please link your raider io so I can see your 3k score and your Mythic Jaina kill, please.
    Raider IO is not World of Warcraft Content anymore than creating Wow Videos on Youtube is. and Hardcore content is not meant for 99% of the playerbase, making ur snarky remark even less relevant. the fact the content u mentioned is heavily dependant and relying on A LOT of other people also makes it kind of silly it would be the same as saying "you can't say u've run out of content in Classic wow unless u got Rank 14" Which is not only difficult, insanely time consuming but also extremely reliant on a lot of other people. since there is no way to do it solo, or even as 5 people, u would need a full Premade to farm with, as well as a pretty big Bench to make sure u could grind all day every day for a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Please link your raider io so I can see your 3k score and your Mythic Jaina kill, please.
    All you need is time and those are easy to get

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    All you need is time and those are easy to get
    The funniest part with the LiNk uR 200K iO aNd MYtHic BOsS ChEeVo crowd is that if you, by chance, do meet such ridiculous standards, they will tell you OF CURSE UR BURED U FKIN NOLIFER HURR DURR
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Removing artifact weapons, time gating flying and allied races kinda killed alot of motivation. Add in bad writing for the story part and the expansion just sucks royally. Players should have noticed the hint at blizzcon with the diablo backlash. That blizz isn't really doing great work anymore. For wow you can't blame activision for bad writing, rng, class changes and time gates. That's the devs fault for that . Face reality , Ion and the devs don't care anymore. There not like the wotlk dev team. Wow will never be as great or better then wotlk. Getting rid of illidian by writing him out was lame. Illidian has connections to the naga and could have ushered in allied races for both factions like he did with the illidari. Now that won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    do you remember the TBC patch that added nothing but a few crafting recipes and voice chat?
    yeah that was a major patch.
    so was 6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoKingRulesForever View Post
    Imagine if they spent less time on April's Fools jokes and more on making refreshing, engaging content. WOW could be in a much better place.
    yeah man, with the amount of time a COMMUNITY MANAGER spent making this post, he could have... i dont know... had spaghetti...
    do you know that janitors at hospitals do not know how to do surgery?
    i know its suprising right!?
    any time a janitor spends cleaning he is not doing surgery and saving people!
    How dare hospitals do such a thing, give that 80 year old man with glasses an inch thick a scalpel and get him to heart surgery!

but no in all seriousness, these are written by the community managers, they are not "wasted time" by the dev team.
    it is literally saying "look at this guy cleaning the floor, wha the fuck is he doing, he should be saving lives!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    so was 6.1
    yeah sadly, but hey ATLEAST that had actual new content, not much, but it had content atleast (quests, shipyard, and new garrison stuff)
    while WoD is still by far the worst expansion in my eyes, patch 2.2 will still be the worst major patch in wow history
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    If you don't like it GTFO stop complaining, did you already kill mythic Jaina or got gladiator ?
    Ayy lmao I love this response, it's like the thing you have left to say when you have absolutely no idea how to respond with a proper counter argument.

Personally I'm getting to a point where I'm not even sure I'm the target audience for this game. I play 2 characters more seriously, I'm no longer raiding mythic because the end of Legion just killed my soul with so many wipes on Avatar/KJ/Argus before killing them.. and I still raid heroic and do mythic+, my 2 characters have been sitting at 412ilvl for a bit now.

I mean, I remember how long it was to gear back in WOTLK, and the journey was the fun I had, getting 1 piece of loot per week maybe was fun, and it took months to collect the BIS set.

Now it's ridiculous.. the only reason I'm still raiding heroic is for AP at this point.

And alts? I have many at 400ish ilvl.

Never in my years of playing WOW I managed to have so many characters geared.. I usually had 1 main and 1 alt and that's it, except in the content drought at the end of the xpac where I leveled alts.

Now I have all my alts level and we're only at the second patch.

So I'm not sure there is a lack of content, but, as weird as it sounds, a problem where character progression is just too fast these days and we run out of stuff quicker than we used to.

I'm going to assume this is awesome for the real casuals, but for the people who play every day, that's killing the game because you feel like you run out of stuff to progress your character very fast. And don't tell me grinding AP is the solution, because that's not a social experience at all, I have no idea why you have this artificial grind when they could simply let you grind materials for consumables.. at least you'd have an alternative to buy it if you don't have time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm going to assume this is awesome for the real casuals, but for the people who play every day, that's killing the game because you feel like you run out of stuff to progress your character very fast.
    Well, the best solution for this is to play less then. Do you really have to play hours every day? There are other games out there.

Not much motivation to play bfa.

Tldr :
    What about the story do you feel motivated by in this expansion?

Hi,
    I'm finding it really tough to care about this game at the moment. So much so, that I went back to pandaria and spent 5 nights doing the old cmapaigns and lfr that I haven't seen before. It was so much fun and it made me realise I just /care for bfa stuff so far. I am alliance monk and I chose to do tiragarde first and I'm finding it really hard to feel motivated with this lame recruitment story. The things that are supposed to be the meat of this expansion are surprisingly absent. I'm not really doing anything that feels like I'm helping azeroth and I'm not engaging in any meaningful cmapaigns against the horde. I'm just trying to recruit these kul tiras. It doesn't feel important. Not like the quests for the frikkin pillars of azeroth in order to fight off legions of demons!
    I am thinking I must be mad because I get the sense people like this expansion... Is it just me? What do you feel motivated by in this expansion?
    Last edited by Triadne; 2019-04-02 at 06:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously next thread about these same all over again ><

oh stop complaining, the pace of the expansion is ok, there is no need to rush in everything

You get mad because people like it ?

How sane is this ?