View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    LOL yeah I saw that, this morning has had some seriously entertaining moments for myself I'm getting a good kick out of how stupid these people are proving to be. also watch the vid above ^^ its funny as.
    It's a bit sad, too. They utter those imbecile things and you can just hear that they have no idea what they just said. None whatsoever.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    sorry forgot the EU is entirely blameless of any of the consequences of its actions, including denying the UK an extension on article 50 out of spite
    You wrote a post saying we're being denied an extension a day after we should have left because they gave us an extension.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Quite a few of whom have literally died since the referendum.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

You can't pin this on the EU.
    Don't matter to these guys, the EU are the ones who at fault the UK government can't agree on a deal, because these guys are utter mongs.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2019-04-02 at 11:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You just quoted those extremists and agreed with them. wtf?!
    Very scary isn't it. Don't suppose it is anything to do with the EU is it? You know the polarisation and breakdown of society, the rise of extremists. I mean government, the EU, has no blame in that does it?

I wouldn't be so presumptuous, unlike you, to call the AfD extremists, I don't know them well enough but look at their performance from nothing. 2013 they got what 5% in the vote, that'd be about 3 million extremist votes in your book? Then they poodle along doing not much other than watch the EU doing its worst. 5 years later in 2018 they got 13% of the vote so that's 6 million extremists now? A doubling in 5 years, well done the EU I guess. Any prediction for 5 years from now? 12 million extremists? Another 5 - 25 million, and so on and so on... very very scary.

At some point todays extremists/main opposition will become mainstream in Germany no? And the tables turn with only a handful of EU supporters left, the new extremists...Well done the EU.

And then there is Brexit. Well done to the EU for that?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Very scary isn't it. Don't suppose it is anything to do with the EU is it? You know the polarisation and breakdown of society, the rise of extremists. I mean government, the EU, has no blame in that does it?

I wouldn't be so presumptuous, unlike you, to call the AfD extremists, I don't know them well enough but look at their performance from nothing. 2013 they got what 5% in the vote, that'd be about 3 million extremist votes in your book? Then they poodle along doing not much other than watch the EU doing its worst. 5 years later in 2018 they got 13% of the vote so that's 6 million extremists now? A doubling in 5 years, well done the EU I guess. Any prediction for 5 years from now? 12 million extremists? Another 5 - 25 million, and so on and so on... very very scary.

At some point todays extremists/main opposition will become mainstream in Germany no? And the tables turn with only a handful of EU supporters left, the new extremists...Well done the EU.

People often forget pr are unaware why AfD or in my nation Vlaams Belang attract their voters, it often requires you to take a far deeper look than what is seen on the surface as simply racism. I mean it's an interesting topic and being right wing myself i often come in contact with such people but it would derail this topic far too much, so i will keep it rather short, behind every form of racism there's a story of, from abuse of to discontent of their current social status and opportunities, on top of that you have a society that is changing and were the balance isn't always equal or far from fair to the local residents. On top of that these parties as at times picked as the anti-establishment pick, to go in against the traditional parties, what is something you also see in the EU on the rise new parties or reformed new parties taking charge.

So unlike the left often likes to claim that is simply racism, given with spoonful at birth there's always more going on and for a long time due to dismissing that part of society as simply racists you got a rise in extreme right, because politics in time of peace tend to forget their past.

But as i said i can talk much more about this but won't at the risk of derailing so not going to really go into debate with others on this here, how unfair that might come across.

That anti EU sentiment attached to it is simply a further extension of anti-establishment. The sad reality is it would leave those in the poorer circles of society even worse off, that is the truth all those extreme right parties tend to conveniently forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You wrote a post saying we're being denied an extension a day after we should have left because they gave us an extension.

Wow.
    No I didn't at all. I swear no one on this forum can fucking read properly. I was responding to someone suggesting the EU shouild just drop the UK out by ending any negotiations.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't at all. I swear no one on this forum can fucking read properly. I was responding to someone suggesting the EU shouild just drop the UK out by ending any negotiations.
    What was in context of them being tired of the UK fucking around, you'll find that sentiment rather common as the UK fuckery is messing with EU jobs and investments. You had 3 years you sit with your thumb up your ass, your time is up you had one freebie extension, the next extension is tied to certain requirements. Want another comply or crash out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The EU has already done that. The negotiations have been closed for months now.
    weird how the government were able to negiotiate an extension then

10+ Year Old Account
    They should, they have done the negotiating, they've allowed an extension so why the fuck should the EU carry on renegotiating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What was in context of them being tired of the UK fucking around, you'll find that sentiment rather common as the UK fuckery is messing with EU jobs and investments. You had 3 years you sit with your thumb up your ass, your time is up you had one freebie extension, the next extension is tied to certain requirements. Want another comply or crash out.
    ok? Doesn't change my point, which is that spitefully kicking the UK out when they want more time is bad. Which it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They should, they have done the negotiating, they've allowed an extension so why the fuck should the EU carry on renegotiating?
    Because a no deal will lead to increased poverty and will be especially harmful to the disabled and people with long teerm illnesses.

- - - Updated - - -

That was not a negotiation, that was a request, which the EU granted.
    via negotiation, come on now...

10+ Year Old Account
    ok? Doesn't change my point, which is that spitefully kicking the UK out when they want more time is bad. Which it is.
    You are being kicked out by your own actions. Stop copying your politicians and take actions for your own doing for once in 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are being kicked out by your own actions. Stop copying your politicians and take actions for your own doing for once in 20 years.
    lmao the fucking irony. Anyway I haven't once defended the UK government, I would quite happily see them hang for what their party has done since it came into existance. That doesn't change that any decision by either side to force a no deal brexit is bad.

weird how the government were able to negiotiate an extension then
    They didn't "negotiate" for an extension.
    "Negotiation" implies they had something to offer or a clue what they wanted to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not kicking the UK. The UK chose to have a referendum. The UK chose honor it. The UK triggered the articles and set the date of their departure. The UK took months after that to come to the negotiating table and months more to actually bring any concrete proposals to it. I honestly do not understand why you think there is any spite in the EU not granting ANOTHER extension to the UK if the UK can present no evidence that something might actually change at the end of that second extension.
    oh my god, again I'm not even talking about the EU doing it I'm talking about the people here saying they want it to happen because they're pissed off by the process. This is the 4th time I've said this now, please read it and try to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my god, again I'm not even talking about the EU doing it I'm talking about the people here saying they want it to happen because they're pissed off by the process. This is the 4th time I've said this now, please read it and try to understand.
    More people should have voted remain, more people should have opposed, look what happens in other nations when politics fuck up. We riot we don't cry that the other party is unfair.

I mean this is just the world upside down, you have the EU constantly asking of the UK to get their house in order, constantly telling the UK that millions will suffer from the beginning, constantly people advocating for a deal exit on the highest levels, constantly coming back to the negotiation table while the UK was rarely to NEVER prepared.

And now after 3 years, 3 years of putting the EU markets in an unstable position, putting the politics on important matters in the freezer for the brexit antics and even some are now considering risking the legality of an EU election to give the UK more time, now you have the balls to say the EU and its citizens are unjust, unfair in saying;

"well guys you wanted out majority of you voted for it, it does not matter if majority of the nation didn't vote or abstained, it doesn't matter if we all found leave vote win to have a too small victory margin, it's your politics, it is your form of democracy, it's time to fuck off since you can't meet any consensus and we can't and aren't allowed to fix your politics even if we wanted to"

Also the brits like to make fun out of the French, but if this took place in France the government would have fallen a dozen of times by now.

White flag raising much?
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-04-02 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a no deal will lead to increased poverty and will be especially harmful to the disabled and people with long teerm illnesses.
    Tell that to the UK government that set everything in motion with no plan.

They are not kicking the UK. The UK chose to have a referendum. The UK chose honor it. The UK triggered the articles and set the date of their departure. The UK took months after that to come to the negotiating table and months more to actually bring any concrete proposals to it. I honestly do not understand why you think there is any spite in the EU not granting ANOTHER extension to the UK if the UK can present no evidence that something might actually change at the end of that second extension.
    Lets not forget May holding back a vote for months on her deal because she KNEW it would lose, but we'll still have a go at the EU for not negotiating more. Or that May chose to do a snap election that fucked with her majority so put us in a position we were unlikely to ever get a deal through. We and we alone are at fault.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2019-04-02 at 12:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

In the post I've quoted you wrote
    All I ever hear here is the wonders of PR and yet it allows huge representation (94 MP'S) of extremists
    ... what are you smoking currently?

The rest of your post is just your usual gibberish.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

But there was no negotiation. A negotiation suggests that two parties bring proposals and then discuss them. The UK brought a proposal and then the EU discussed it among its members, NOT with the UK. In the same way the additional details offered in the second May's Deal were not a negotiation either. They were just clarifications in a legally binding form that were entirely drawn from the original agreement.

The EU has been done negotiating since 2018.
    If May was to get rid of a red line or two you would see the EU be willing to continue negotiation. With May's current red lines though there is not much farther the EU can go without getting rid of one or more of their four main tenants. And if they do that for the UK the whole thing likely falls apart.

People often forget pr are unaware why AfD or in my nation Vlaams Belang attract their voters, it often requires you to take a far deeper look than what is seen on the surface as simply racism. I mean it's an interesting topic and being right wing myself i often come in contact with such people but it would derail this topic far too much, so i will keep it rather short, behind every form of racism there's a story of, from abuse of to discontent of their current social status and opportunities, on top of that you have a society that is changing and were the balance isn't always equal or far from fair to the local residents. On top of that these parties as at times picked as the anti-establishment pick, to go in against the traditional parties, what is something you also see in the EU on the rise new parties or reformed new parties taking charge.
    I'm not really sure how you can justify your daily whining about Brexit with this apologia for neo-nazism in Germany. Brexit supporters and the Afd are very similar politically. Do you only like nationalist groups from places that regularly invade your country?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    In the post I've quoted you wrote ... what are you smoking currently?

The rest of your post is just your usual gibberish.
    It was a very simple point. Proportional representation allowed a large number of neo-nazis into the German parliament.
    Last edited by blothmoth; 2019-04-02 at 04:06 PM.

Why's it my fault that the UK government has acted in the way it has? I didn't vote for a fucking tory. I can throw the same back at you and blame all the ills of the European Union on you but I won't because that's ridiculous. You don't seem to realise that forcing the UK into a no deal brexit (by denying an extension which is the suggestion I was replying to) means the EU is also at fault.
    It is in no way the EU's fault. The EU has 4 founding pillars. They are never going to be taken away because to take away just one for anyone basically ends the EU. It's like telling the US to basically destroy their consitution for a breakaway state. They will not do it as it would basically destroy the US. The EU side of the situation was that this was a legal process and allow the UK to come up with something that would be acceptable to the EU (doesn't break the 4 pillars) and the UK (Also known as May's suicidal red lines).

Things like the backstop came from whitehall not brussels, strasbourg, berlin, paris, whatever. It was something May brought up. Everything within the agreement basically came from the UK side of things and the EU basically made sure it doesn't break the 4 pillars. That was it. Since from their pov this is a legal process not a negotiation.

The negotiation part comes next, regardless if there's a deal or not. Because everyone needs to know the state of where each country/region is before they begin true negotiations.