Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    While teen voting is a dumb idea, that isn't really proof of much.

Everyone in the elected office is afraid of losing elections.

Also as a point of order, the Democrats mostly are frustrated with how the system works because their core constituencies are clustered in specific small geographic areas and if the electoral processes was less chained to geography they might actually be stronger in elections.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2019-04-02 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is afraid of losing elections, it's the GOP, given its on going efforts to keep people who don't vote the 'right' way from voting at all.

See: The poll tax the GOP is trying to ram through the legislature here in Florida.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Most kids today can't even change a flat tire, but sure, allow them to vote.
    I work for an airline. Most people your age can’t book their own flights without screwing up. Ignoring using a smartphone or setting up WiFi. Also know plenty of older generations that have no idea how to change their own tire.

So again, what does your arbitrary and stupid metric have to do with anything?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    If anyone is afraid of losing elections, it's the GOP, given its on going efforts to keep people who don't vote the 'right' way from voting at all.

See: The poll tax the GOP is trying to ram through the legislature here in Florida.
    Have you watched the news? The Democrats literally spied on a presidential candidate using the FBI then came up with a phony narrative that would hopefully impeach him just in case he won, then spent 2 years touting the claim they knew was false from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Have you watched the news? The Democrats literally spied on a presidential candidate using the FBI then came up with a phony narrative that would hopefully impeach him just in case he won, then spent 2 years touting the claim they knew was false from the get go.
    Investigations = Spying now?

democrats are afraid of losing elections.
    Politicians are afraid of Losing Elections?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I work for an airline. Most people your age can’t book their own flights without screwing up. Ignoring using a smartphone or setting up WiFi. Also know plenty of older generations that have no idea how to change their own tire.

So again, what does your arbitrary and stupid metric have to do with anything?
    True story; when I was in college, my then-wife was working for a couple as a nanny. The husband was a lawyer, and before he'd become a lawyer, he'd been a medical doctor. One day, as I was dropping her off, he was losing it because he had a flat tire and AAA was gonna be a couple hours and he had a meeting to get to. He didn't know how to change it. So, Gen X me got my jack out of the back, changed that Boomer's tire for him, and he was on his way in less than 10 minutes.

This generational crap is boring and stupid.

Jesus fucking christ, how did they spy on him? There is plenty of evidence that he was colluding with Russia, Trump Tower meeting is all the evidence needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    True story; when I was in college, my then-wife was working for a couple as a nanny. The husband was a lawyer, and before he'd become a lawyer, he'd been a medical doctor. One day, as I was dropping her off, he was losing it because he had a flat tire and AAA was gonna be a couple hours and he had a meeting to get to. He didn't know how to change it. So, Gen X me got my jack out of the back, changed that Boomer's tire for him, and he was on his way in less than 10 minutes.

This generational crap is boring and stupid.
    I worked for Comcast technical support. Most of the over 50s who called in could barely even find their fucking power plugs and they still get to vote. Idiocy knows no age and over half of people begin to see gradual reduction to their mental functions after 50 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    The investigation started because George Papadapolus got drunk and bragged to an Australian diplomat that the Russians had dirt on Hillary and the Australian showed more concern for our national security and integrity of our election than the anti-American right did.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    arnt 16 year olds the ones that were eating tide pods?
    That's nice but doesn't address the fact we have adults who are cognitively impaired who are allowed to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

You are literally trolling. I know I will get infracted and you wont and I don't fucking care. It still needs to be pointed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Children will never be allowed to vote, drink, or get a loan from a bank. Ever.

Not sure why people think this is going to change. /shrug
    Funny 7 page read though. /fistbump

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Well, it was set up to make sure that there wouldn't be election fraud, but the only time it has ever worked to anyone's advantage it has been the Republicans, so I can understand why they are questioning it.
    No it was set up to give importance to the states.
    It's exactly like the EU where the vote of a citizen of a small country is worth more then the vote a citizen of the large countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post

Remind me which party is vehemently against voter ID?

Democrats arent an american party anymore, they are the party for non-citizens and criminal degenerates. There's a clear divide in america between productive taxpayers who overwhelmingly vote Republican, and the degenerates.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Remind me which party is vehemently against voter ID?
    Which party is in favor of voter suppression?

Why do Republicans not want people to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Which party is in favor of voter suppression?

Why do Republicans not want people to vote?
    How is voter ID suppression? Dumbest thing I've read all week. Oh no we can't bus in voters from around the country anymore. Oh no dead people and illegal are being suppressed!!! Fucking imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    How is voter ID suppression? Dumbest thing I've read all week. Oh no we can't bus in voters from around the country anymore. Oh no dead people and illegal are being suppressed!!! Fucking imbecile.
    Well, it's an unnecessary restriction on voting. Period. Of course, if you want to require voter ID, then we should ban absentee and early voting, right? After all, they didn't present an ID.

Of curse, I would say everyone should be automatically registered to vote, and voting should be as easy as possible. make it a federal holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An easy alternative would be "have you graduated from high school?"
    You assume that a high school degree is a one-way ticket to making intelligent choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    You assume that a high school degree is a one-way ticket to making intelligent choices.
    As opposed to your 18th birthday? Because that's the current standard.

Neither party wants to lose. What a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't have an actual good formula for how to improve the quality of the electorate in a fashion that would be broadly acceptable and not susceptible to being politically gamed, but I certainly don't want to go out of my way to make the voting population larger or making voting any easier. The barrier is so low presently that my position is that each additional person added is likely to be someone I would not like added to the pool.
    Make voting as local as possible so the consequences of each vote are mostly contained to people in a particular area or state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it's an unnecessary restriction on voting. Period. Of course, if you want to require voter ID, then we should ban absentee and early voting, right? After all, they didn't present an ID.

Of curse, I would say everyone should be automatically registered to vote, and voting should be as easy as possible. make it a federal holiday.
    That means people are automatically registered for jury duty. That's not very libertarian.