Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah thoes "hard" dungeons back then, eh?
    Hard Quest to get Keys for Dungeon = Hard Dungeon

Potato?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lfd was not in TBC...
    also what the fuck does that have to do at all with "they added voice chat as a major feature for a patch"
    I remember you now.. you're just here to argue and debase people. Living up to the reputation Moonguard has as a realm I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Yes exactly right. The in-game community from vanilla has been destroyed. That strips all the depth and meaning from the content. It all feels hollow now. PvP felt worlds better in vanilla because you'd see the same people and guilds (along with new people) which added a layer of social interaction in trying to improve against the same competition or get revenge etc. PvE felt worlds better in vanilla because you worried about your pecking order on your server. In-between pulls on raid night, you might get reports of how rival guilds on your server are faring. Maybe they wiped again and you standing is safe for the next hour. Or maybe they cleared 2 bosses and jumped ahead of you. Today raiding is fucking SOULESS because you get go in, kill, get loot, and nothing else. The race is gone.

This is NOT the same content as vanilla. Its a hollow version of it.
    I cannot help but echo this sentiment. Sever identity is long gone, and, imo, that's where a lot of the enjoyment left the game for me. I've been on the same server since November of 2004, however, today it feels like I'm in some foreign land with unfamiliar faces. Quite sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post

Potato?
    Again, "hard".

Pick a main character. Develop said character until you feel satisfied with it and feel stuck in its forward progress. Work on an alt until the next patch. Rinse and repeat. That has been WoW since 2004.

LFD first UI was added in TBC

Wrath upgraded it with the Role selection
    Oh that LFD?
    you do know they have had LFD since vanilla, it was the meeting stones, and they were just shit, same with TBC's as well no role selection

So can people legit say what there was to do at this point in a patch cycle in past expansions because quite honest its the usual buisness like every patch/expansion.

If you play like 2-4 hours daily you will have exhausted the available solo content in this patchs lifecycle and its again raid/pvp or die just like every patch/expansion there was or are people just forgetting their thousands of rounds in a Mammuth Parade in Dalaran during Wotlk because they were bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I remember you now.. you're just here to argue and debase people. Living up to the reputation Moonguard has as a realm I see.
    Mhm... Whatever you want to come up with.

What do you mean? You can grind optional more difficult versions of the same content you're already doing for better gear that will be worthless in 3 months. It's the highly successful Diablo 3 model.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny that you choose Pokemon as RPG comparison when you can't TF a catch and get a Blastoise just before Brock ( of you started with Charmander )

But nbm
    Pokémon you catch have different Iv’s you actually could in theory TF a Pokemon and get really good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Again, "hard".
    Backpedaling from a potato answer? Yikes.

Define "hard" so because OP can tell us that getting the Drakefire Amulet was harder than the Seal of Ascension so..

Potato?
    no that is a horrible connection

having a hard quest that unlocks an easy dungeon is not the same as an easy quest unlocking a hard dungeon
    because the hard quest only needs to be done once then people can redo the dungeon over and over, also they could just... do the dungeon by having someone else open the door...

i dont think you thought that through.

Oh that LFD?
    you do know they have had LFD since vanilla, it was the meeting stones, and they were just shit, same with TBC's as well no role selection
    No you are mixing stuff stop please.

It is getting cringy

no that is a horrible connection

having a hard quest that unlocks an easy dungeon is not the same as an easy quest unlocking a hard dungeon
    because the hard quest only needs to be done once then people can redo the dungeon over and over, also they could just... do the dungeon by having someone else open the door...

i dont think you thought that through.
    Again stop posting random stuff and read better.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    LFD first UI was added in TBC

Wrath upgraded it with the Role selection
    No part of Lfd was a thing till the icc patch other looking for group tools were not lfd.

Funny that you choose Pokemon as RPG comparison when you can't TF a catch and get a Blastoise just before Brock ( of you started with Charmander )

But nbm
    LOLOLOL WUT!?
    pokemon has MASSIVE RNG

Shinies is only cosmetic but its a 1 in 8000 chance
    titanforging would be the natures, some natures are super strong for some pokemon, others useless for them
    titanforging would be their abilities, some are usper useful for certin builds others are useless
    i like relicanth with rock head, so i can use recoil moves without recoil, so swift swim is uselsss to me
    titanforging would be IVs
    you could catch a pikachu with 1 of every IV, then your friend goes and catches a shiny pikachu with 31 of every IV and shiny and perfect nature (modest if i remember correct) with perfect ability.

so nice try, yes lots of RPGs have massive RNG elements, pokemon in every way has massive amount of titanforging.

- - - Updated - - -

No you are mixing stuff stop please.

It is getting cringy
    How am i mixing stuff, would you love to point out how?

- - - Updated - - -

Again stop posting random stuff and read better.
    random stuff? you literally said "hard quest leading to dungeon = hard dungeon"

then i said no they are not the same thing heres why and you reply with "learn to read"

i presume this is a burner account so...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    No part of Lfd was a thing till the icc patch other looking for group tools were not lfd.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20061023...gforgroup.html

stop bs ty

Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Looking for Group has been renamed to Dungeon Finder

So LFG was the first LFD

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Back in vanilla there was an LFD but it was... bad, it could even put 5 dps together, that continued into TBC however you could do it pretty much anywhere, instead of at innkeepers and the meeting stones, then replaced in WoTLK with the LFD we know.

More back in the day posts. Everyone keeps saying harder content, harder content, they made leveling irrelevant, too easy! Awhile back they made leveling more difficult and you all lost your minds. Plus, as far as casuals and accessibility, when game was at it's highest in wrath the dungeons were an absolute faceroll so you are all imagining some of this shit. We will see when classic drops and after you lot spend 6 months to get to level 40, running the whole way like it's lotr, how much you still enjoy the "harder"content.
    As for nothing to do, I log in every couple of days to run emmisarries, auctions, raid when I feel like it. Spent about an hour and a half in Drustvar today doing the incursion and wpvp, quite fun actually. Sounds like op is just bored. Or a whiner, 50/50.

Except that is literally NOTHING like the LFD we had in wotlk.
    and this was literally just the vanilla meeting stone+trade chat, but you could do it anywhere, so nothing entirely unique, it was just 2 past things put together, same with LFD, it was just this system with roles, and dungeons only, and cross server... each different from the other, but also just updates of the old.