Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I'm curious, and I don't mean this in any mean way, purely curious. Are there any examples you can provide where any individual person has lived healthy on a carnivorous diet?
    Yup, there are, check this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It doesn't seem that hard to me. Eating meat shouldn't be made illegal tomorrow (I think society will eventually get there with technological advancements) but it shouldn't be so hard for us to admit we're lazy pieces of shit that contribute to the pain and suffering of animals for still eating it.
    I am not a lazy piece of shit for eating meat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    This is a guy who accused the Hulk of being anti-male in Infinity War for not coming out and fighting. You're not going to get anything but migraines from this man.
    yikes

10chars

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I am not a lazy piece of shit for eating meat lol.
    Why? We come back to Bodakane's questions. What is the difference?

And I understand your argument but do you understand that is your subjective opinion and not an objective fact? You say you don't want to tell ppl how to live or eat but that's literally what you are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

So ppl who eat meat are just as bad as ppl that beat dogs to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Then we cant agree that comparing a specialized group to a non specialized group is apple's to oranges. Theres no point in further discussing this. Hope you have a good rest of your day
    You are trying to place a metric on me, and ave me make an assumption without data. You aren't even building straw men, you are telling me to agree with you, or we cannot discuss it.

Once again, where is your data to make such claims?

Of course, since you were clearly too intellectually lazy to bother looking at the data, I went and found it myself. I'm still looking through it, but maybe you should have a look.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5622783/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ults-new-study

I find it odd that you want to whine about someone else's subjective opinions, when you tried to use yours to argue against objective data, whilst refusing to provide any of your own. Your entire argument is base don your subjective beliefs, whilst refusing to actually deal with objective data.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Why? We come back to Bodakane's questions. What is the difference?
    I do not believe that a meat free diet is the healthiest diet for a human. There are "cruelty free" options for meat. I am not ok with certain farming practices but to swear off meat completely is not a viable choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I care animals are being abused and killed for enjoyment.

If you are partaking in a practice that kills animals because you enjoy their flavor or their fighting or their suffering, then I'm going to bring it up.
    Well you are welcome to rant then, I'm still not bothered

I do not believe that a meat free diet is the healthiest diet for a human. There are "cruelty free" options for meat. I am not ok with certain farming practices but to swear off meat completely is not a viable choice.
    It is a viable choice, and has been scientifically proven to be viable. It's probably not convenient, but that's up to them. My wife counts every calorie she eats. It seems like a pain in the ass, so I don't do it. Saying it's not viable is simply ignorant, as humans have shown it to be viable.

And I understand your argument but do you understand that is your subjective opinion and not an objective fact? You say you don't want to tell ppl how to live or eat but that's literally what you are doing.
    No.

It is not a subjective opinion that humans don't need meat.
    It is not a subjective opinion that humans eat meat because they enjoy the flavor, not because they need it.
    It is not a subjective opinion that animals are killed, hurt and tortured in the meat and dairy industry.
    It is not a subjective opinion that animals are killed, hurt and tortured in the dog fighting industry.

All of those ^ are irrefutable facts.

So ppl who eat meat are just as bad as ppl that beat dogs to death.
    Again, no. Eating meat is the same as enjoying dog fighting. Both practices are generally built around tradition and culture. Beating a dog to death, is different is done by people who are terrible people on a fundamental level.

For the billionth time, the dog beating example was to get you people to understand speaking up about something you think is wrong. I used that example, instead of littering because it is deals with many of the same themes and specifically because I think most of you are good enough people to think beating a dog to death is wrong and would speak about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Well you are welcome to rant then, I'm still not bothered
    You not being bothered is shown clearly, by your repeated posting.....
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-04-02 at 05:46 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Who would've thought that a user called "No Bullshit" posts nothing but bullshit? YOu had one job...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are trying to place a metric on me, and ave me make an assumption without data. You aren't even building straw men, you are telling me to agree with you, or we cannot discuss it.

Once again, where is your data to make such claims?

Of course, since you were clearly too intellectually lazy to bother looking at the data, I went and found it myself. I'm still looking through it, but maybe you should have a look.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5622783/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ults-new-study

I find it odd that you want to whine about someone else's subjective opinions, when you tried to use yours to argue against objective data, whilst refusing to provide any of your own. Your entire argument is base don your subjective beliefs, whilst refusing to actually deal with objective data.
    Did you read your links? They measured their economic status based off of their household income. Then stated that vegans were far more likely to be single which would halve their income. Also stated they were 3x more likely to be younger which would drastically lower their income as well.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a viable choice, and has been scientifically proven to be viable. It's probably not convenient, but that's up to them. My wife counts every calorie she eats. It seems like a pain in the ass, so I don't do it. Saying it's not viable is simply ignorant, as humans have shown it to be viable.
    I count every calorie as well. Viable might have been the wrong word. It is not optimal.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

It is not a subjective opinion that humans eat meat because they enjoy the flavor, not because they need it.
    It is not a subjective opinion that animals are killed, hurt and tortured in the meat and dairy industry.
    It is not a subjective opinion that animals are killed, hurt and tortured in the dog fighting industry.

Again, no. Eating meat is the same as enjoying dog fighting. Both practices are generally built around tradition and culture. Beating a dog to death, is different is done by people who are terrible people on a fundamental level.

For the billionth time, the dog beating example was to get you people to understand speaking up about something you think is wrong. I used that example, instead of littering because it is deals with many of the same themes and specifically because I think most of you are good enough people to think beating a dog to death is wrong and would speak about it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think I'm just as bad as someone watching a dog fight, then you are pretentious lol.

Did you read your links? They measured their economic status based off of their household income. Then stated that vegans were far more likely to be single which would halve their income. Also stated they were 3x more likely to be younger which would drastically lower their income as well.
    Oh, I am reading it. Also, you are welcome that I did your work for you, since you were clearly too lazy to do it. So far, the data shows that the household income for vegans is not exceptionally high. Since you were the one making claims, it would seem like you are getting a mixed bag. After all, the largest group of vegans fall into the category of a household income of under $50k.

If you don't like the data, then feel free to get off your ass, and provide your own. After all, it was your claim you made. I find it hilarious that you are upset with me for trying to find evidence to back up your claims.

How lazy do you feel like being, today? Let's be honest, you've been getting hammered this entire thread, so you may want to just call it a day.

Oh, I am reading it. Also, you are welcome that I did your work for you, since you were clearly too lazy to do it. So far, the data shows that the household income for vegans is not exceptionally high. Since you were the one making claims, it would seem like you are getting a mixed bag. After all, the largest group of vegans fall into the category of a household income of under $50k.

If you don't like the data, then feel free to get off your ass, and provide your own. After all, it was your claim you made. I find it hilarious that you are upset with me for trying to find evidence to back up your claims.

How lazy do you feel like being, today? Let's be honest, you've been getting hammered this entire thread, so you may want to just call it a day.
    I explained multiple times that I post here in between data runs at work. I have no desire to search for studies to teach random ppl on the internet. I've already stated that i wont. So either I'm the idiot, or ur the bigger idiot for still discussing with me and expecting me to post studies after i said i wouldn't.

If you are feeling extra generous, go ahead and find a study that actually accounts for marital status and age. If not that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not bothered by your rants, yet I'm bothered by people who overreact to these rants and try to justify themselves as if they think them eating meat may actually be something wrong and they need to prove it's not.

I explained multiple times that I post here in between data runs at work. I have no desire to search for studies to teach random ppl on the internet. I've already stated that i wont. So either I'm the idiot, or ur the bigger idiot for still discussing with me and expecting me to post studies after i said i wouldn't.

If you are feeling extra generous, go ahead and find a study that actually accounts for marital status and age. If not that's fine.
    Great, then we'll have to use my data, which doesn't work well for you. Your claims have been shot down at every turn.

And, as the Hitch says:

What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

You are dismissed.

Soooo tired of people like you and those meat channels you follow rabbling up stupid arguments that make no sense.

Healthy vegans are not the ones quitting being vegans, it's the unhealthy ones that only went vegan for trend reasons, or health reasons but they kept up with their unhealthy habits they had from before that no diet - not even a vegan one - would be able to fix.

The ones quitting are the ones that go years only eating very limited. Usually they only eat fruit and some greens, they juicy or water fast for months and they take no supplements and are anti-wax. They often exclude fats completely, and because of their very restrictive diet they miss out on minor nutrients aswell. They often only eat raw food, no cooked food. They are either the crazy ones, the ones with eating disorders or because it's currently trendy. So they eat very unhealthy for years, and when they get sick they blame veganism instead of realizing it's their extremely limited diet. A vegan diet done right is not limited.

Any diet that exclude certain types of food will get people with an eating disorder on the train. If the diet is also trendy it'll get even more of those people following it.
    Saying a vegan diet is unhealthy because stupid ass people like Raw Alignment and Rawana English eat too limited, is like saying all diets with meat in them are unhealthy because Amberlynn Reid and Foodie Beauty are eating themselves to death.
    If you're a meat eater that love to shit on vegans but would actually like to follow a vegan that isn't as crazy as the two mentioned above and that tend to be liked by meat eaters, I can suggest "Unnatural Vegan" on youtube.
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2019-04-02 at 06:13 PM.

Great, then we'll have to use my data, which doesn't work well for you. Your claims have been shot down at every turn.

And, as the Hitch says:

What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

You are dismissed.
    I'm glad we've come to an agreement then lol

If you think I'm just as bad as someone watching a dog fight, then you are pretentious lol.
    Why?

I've asked you a few times now and you keep ignoring the question.

You agreed humans don't need meat to survive. You just believe it is easier and tastes better. That means that's all the justification you need to support an industry that kills, hurts and tortures animals. How is that different than dog fighting?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I'm glad we've come to an agreement then lol
    Great, we agree that you have been talking out your ass in spite of contradictory evidence, and have nothing of value to offer. I expect a retraction on your claims any day now...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    No.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick comment re: the bolded bit. I am unsure how many folks we have here in China; but I've seen some practices done there specifically to dogs that are allegedly as common a practice as what we do to cows here in the states and directly contradict what you said in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.