Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    Anger compels people to complain and be loud about it. It's more visible / noticeable. Anger and hate also follow with requesting changes. If you want something to change you need to speak up to get it done. So when you're angry about something that needs to be fixed you have a lot of good reasons to communicate that.

Having fun is less compelling to communicate. It can also be seen as bragging that you're having a good time. There's less incentive to go out and tell everybody about it becuase you don't need to change anything.

Anger is viral, joy is not. 10 angry people will be louder than 100 happy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post

Anger is viral, joy is not. 10 angry people will be louder than 100 happy people.
    Congratulations on being perfectly, exactly wrong. Look, i get what you are TRYING to say, but you really messed up here, because you kind of proved yourself wrong with this final bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's the same on every WoW fansite. BfA isn't very well liked for various reasons.
    imo still not on level of hate MoP was getting prior to release and in first months.

and definetly not on WoD levels yet

which is funny because i distinctly rememebr being one of first people showing how "weak" WoD was on this very forum in time when all youtubers were still shitting their pants in ave during first 2 weeks after its release.

Well to be fair, even reddit is hating hard on BfA and that's saying a lot, because the sub was pretty positive during WoD...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well to be fair, even reddit is hating hard on BfA and that's saying a lot, because the sub was pretty positive during WoD...
    At least WoD had the good Horde and orc culture going for it... I hate this troll / loa bullshit tbf.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    imo still not on level of hate MoP was getting prior to release and in first months.

and definetly not on WoD levels yet

which is funny because i distinctly rememebr being one of first people showing how "weak" WoD was on this very forum in time when all youtubers were still shitting their pants in ave during first 2 weeks after its release.
    I'd say it's well past MoP and getting really close to WoD levels. If 8.1 had any less content there would be a hell of a lot of rage.

If people worded things differently and didn't attack others while doing so, the communication on the subject might be better. For example, most of things I do in game have become tedious or boring to me. Although I realize that there is plenty to do for some people, my personal experience has been lacking lately and I hope Blizzard addresses it in the future.

See? That was easy...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Congratulations on being perfectly, exactly wrong. Look, i get what you are TRYING to say, but you really messed up here, because you kind of proved yourself wrong with this final bit.
    Take a look at this: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0110184

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Exactly! It’s called “addiction”.
    Well that's quite a leap.

10+ Year Old Account
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    To be honest, awful lot of people dissatisfied every expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    People can both love the game and be varying levels of dissatisfied with its current state.

The two are NOT mutually exclusive.
    Yes, I love this game that I have played many many days over the last 14 years. But I hate the current state of the game and miss when I had fun playing it, I am mad the route they have gone with the design and development of the game down to its core. I am eagerly awaiting Classic.

I almost feel like people aren't enjoying the game as much as they used to, but they can't fathom playing anything else so they just get angry. I just found something more interesting to do, so I unsubbed. I look forward to Vanilla though.

Easy answer to that: I'm not trying to help. See:

If you have a problem with people "not helping", hit one of the "wow is literally unplayable" threads
    So a tatrum blog post, excellent.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

There have always been the people that will shit on any WoW-positive post...and there have always been the people that will shit on any WoW-negative post. This is not a new development...there have always been haters and fanboys. There always will be.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Well that's quite a leap.
    It’s a game, not a relationship. The only logical step if you’re dissatisfied with it is to find something you actually enjoy to spend your free time on. I was partially joking with calling it an addiction, but I’ll stand by the opinion that saying you “love” a game and continue to play it even when you find it dissatisfying is an unhealthy mentality to have.

5+ Year Old Account
    People are more likely to post on a forum if they're dissatisfied. You don't see very many if anyone commenting on support-sites to say how awesome their product is working.

I think its fine, though I will agree most people here seem rly jaded and bitter about the current state of the game but it doesn't affect other people (like me) who enjoy the game so why get bothered by it?
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I think the streamers do WoW no good service. Think about people like asmongold or Preach. They are the ones that bring all the negativity into the community.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I think the streamers do WoW no good service. Think about people like asmongold or Preach. They are the ones that bring all the negativity into the community.
    Preach negativity are you insane? Maybe you mean hes factual?
    Streamers do wow do good service? Just by not streaming wow asmongold cuts the wow viewership in half and tell alot about the curent state of the game.

I've spent over 10 thousand hours in this game since it launched and I just cannot force myself to enjoy BfA. Had a few weeks of 7/10 fun but then it all disappeared. I've quit before but it was because I didn't really have the time to play. Now I had almost 3 months of sub and I didn't even log in because I felt like there was nothing interesting to do and no long term goals to accomplish.
    S.H.

>be me
    >read thread about how awful it is to hate an awful game
    >OP calls mmo-champion a fansite
    >doesnt get that you dont have to like everything about a game that you like
    >compares mmo-champion army to /pol/
    >mfw cant even say the N-word without getting banned