Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Raider.IO exists because...

Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-04-02 at 05:34 PM.

it exists to filter out all the lazy people who put no effort to become better

10+ Year Old Account
    But it does the exact opposite?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

just join a guild and do keystones within the guild, if you pug keystones and expect great results, youre only going to be let down.

Raider.io exists because Item Level means nothing for M+ besides stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    That certainly happens, but it's definitely not the main reason why raider.io was made.

Raider.io exists because the Dungeon Finder simply doesn't give any useful information about applicants. It only tells you item level and class, which is insufficient information. You could ask people directly about their progress, but people lie on the internet, which is where an objective third party like Raider.io matters. Raider.io does not lie, so it fixes that issue (although it can be skewed when we get easy weeks like volcanic).

Raider.io would be unecessary if the dungeon finder would tell you more relevant information about applicants. It's not like the game can't keep track of what dungeons you've done.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2019-04-02 at 05:58 PM.

Raider.io exists because 99% of the content is so trivial that even a monkey could do it, and people expect to faceroll the remaining 1% that actually requires a bit of effort and so try to join groups completely unprepared and ruin it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Raider.io exists because 99% of the content is so trivial that even a monkey could do it, and people expect to faceroll the remaining 1% that actually requires a bit of effort and so try to join groups completely unprepared and ruin it for others.
    Guess that something like this would be perfect for Classic.

Actually it exists, because somebody decided to make it. Registered domain, made website, created addon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    But it does the exact opposite?
    If someone is using Raider.IO to vet for +2-5 dungeons, you likely don't want to be in their group for obvious reasons. Plenty of people don't use raider.IO at lower levels, ANYONE can build up their score if you put in the time.

If you aren't willing to even run the dungeons at +2-5, I don't want you in my +10s, for obvious reasons.

Change my mind!
    No Raider.IO exists because people who form groups are too lazy to take time to Armory their pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it exists to filter out all the lazy people who put no effort to become better
    This is the best way to describe it.

There is a bit of, elitism that comes into play. But that is only when you're trying to push +15-20 keys that I have noticed that. But I build my own groups when doing keys that high, I rarely queue for them because of the stigma associated with Warlocks currently.

It is EXTREMELY easy to get a timed 10+ key, which will put you at 1,000 Raider.io, and at that point, its really, really easy to get into groups consistently. Unless of course you're lazy, or feel entitled, or in some cases, both.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Raider.io would be unecessary if the dungeon finder would tell you more relevant information about applicants. It's not like the game can't keep track of what dungeons you've done.
    And why exactly SHOULD dungeon finder do this?

A HUUUUUGE part of an MMO is being helpful to others below you. An MMO isn't about being HYPER selfish and purely committed to improving yourself only. People like that are CANCER. Your addition would make it easier to be selfish. Eff that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    No Raider.IO exists because people who form groups are too lazy to take time to Armory their pugs.
    (Players who can form groups) = (All Players).

Every player in the game has the capability to form a group. So instead of complaining you should do something about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

A HUUUUUGE part of an MMO is being helpful to others below you. An MMO isn't about being HYPER selfish and purely committed to improving yourself only. People like that are CANCER. Your addition would make it easier to be selfish. Eff that.
    People tend to be more cancerous when you're under a time limit and any moron can easily get a 400-405 item level with how freely this game hands out gear. M+ isn't a place where people go to "help others" and you're implying the majority of people who play this game aren't selfish. You might find that shit in a guild, but you won't find it elsewhere, especialy when so many people treat it like a single player game with others just along for your ride.

So, why shouldn't it, if most people already use a tool that does it? I suppose the fact there's something that does it already is reason enough, or Blizzard would have fixed a good majority of things that people use UI downloads to handle. Welcome to a game where even the dumbest of the dumb are elitists.
    Last edited by La; 2019-04-02 at 06:15 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Guess that something like this would be perfect for Classic.
    I'm not sure how.
    Dungeons steadily increase in difficulty, Sunken Temple trash can wipe a bad group. Scholo, UBRS requires people to not do stupid stuff like pulling ahead of the tank. So people learn how to play to some degree by doing dungeons in natural progression.
    After this MC is actually a step down, it's completely braindead easy, at least the first few bosses. Then with BWL, AQ the difficulty again increases gradually, teaching people how to raid.
    There isn't a sharp spike in difficulty like modern faceroll leveling dungeons to mythic+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

This is your own personal view of how MMOs should be played, there's no "This is how you play MMOs".

I will gladly help people, I love reading logs and helping people improve and did it a lot when I raided hardcore, I will gladly run someone through a dungeon and teach them said dungeon, but I refuse to hold someones hand and carry them. There's a big difference.

Not wanting to run the dungeons a few times at lower keys also shows a huge lack of motivation imo. People need to want to learn in order to learn. ANYONE can get into lower keys, refusing to do so in order to run higher keys says enough.

Also, I played EQ, elitism was strong even in one of the most community based MMOs that ever existed. This is how MMOs have always been.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-04-02 at 06:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not like mythic dungeons are hard unless ur a tank/healer...anything under 10 is complete faceroll, theres no need for raider.io unless ur pushing 12+

(Players who can form groups) = (All Players).

Every player in the game has the capability to form a group. So instead of complaining you should do something about it!
    I personally don't give a crap, I'm in a guild that raids, and runs M+s, I don't have to worry about Raider.IO crap. You told me to change your mind, I gave you a viable argument, you choose to ignore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raider.io exists because someone felt it was necessary, Raider.io is possible because players are always going to want a convenient way to filter their groups.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest