Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't get all the hate that Raider.IO is getting IMHO. It's the best way to know if the applicant is any good.

Of course it's not a perfect system, because people can get carried and get a good score... but it still helps. I used to fucking hate m+ as someone who pugs dungeons, because of both toxic and terrible players, but RIO made everything way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This is your own personal view of how MMOs should be played, there's no "This is how you play MMOs".

I will gladly help people, I love reading logs and helping people improve and did it a lot when I raided hardcore, I will gladly run someone through a dungeon and teach them said dungeon, but I refuse to hold someones hand and carry them. There's a big difference.

Not wanting to run the dungeons a few times at lower keys also shows a huge lack of motivation imo. People need to want to learn in order to learn. ANYONE can get into lower keys, refusing to do so in order to run higher keys says enough.

Also, I played EQ, elitism was strong even in one of the most community based MMOs that ever existed. This is how MMOs have always been.
    I've heard enough excuses from crap players who just want to play for themselves and not help anyone else to know better.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I personally don't give a crap, I'm in a guild that raids, and runs M+s, I don't have to worry about Raider.IO crap. You told me to change your mind, I gave you a viable argument, you choose to ignore.
    It takes time to armory, people often apply to multiple groups and by taking that time you could potentially lose an applicant. Wanting to do things more efficiently isn't lazy, it's smart.

"Work smarter, not harder."

If raider.io served the purpose everyone is saying, when you roll an alt on the other faction with the same class and spec, your raider.io should copy over and it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    Can't change facts and truths, so there is nothing to change.

Anyone who thinks raider.io is bad is a 100% entitled person who thinks the world owes them free rides.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I personally don't give a crap, I'm in a guild that raids, and runs M+s, I don't have to worry about Raider.IO crap. You told me to change your mind, I gave you a viable argument, you choose to ignore.
    I value your argument highly. However, Counter argument:

Everyone has the same opportunities. Nobody should complain about other people making groups, because they have the ability to make their own.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I don't get all the hate that Raider.IO is getting IMHO. It's the best way to know if the applicant is any good.

Of course it's not a perfect system, because people can get carried and get a good score... but it still helps. I used to fucking hate m+ as someone who pugs dungeons, because of both toxic and terrible players, but RIO made everything way better.
    Because the game allows people that should never play at that level, reach that level much faster than in the past, without challenging or blocking them.

Therefor they never improve, and all the research Blizzard did in WoTLK/Cata showed that the majority of the players, when challenged, unsubs instead of learning.

Therefor you have 90% of the community that should be stack at "LFG PEOPLE FOR HC DUNGEONS" for the majority of their played time, to be "I HAVE GEAR EQUAL TO HC RAIDING, I DEMAND TO BE INVITED".

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    If raider.io served the purpose everyone is saying, when you roll an alt on the other faction with the same class and spec, your raider.io should copy over and it doesn't.
    You're right. That's clearly a mistake with system. Hopefully they will update it soon. The in-game addon should show your main's score no whatter what faction you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its not like mythic dungeons are hard unless ur a tank/healer...anything under 10 is complete faceroll, theres no need for raider.io unless ur pushing 12+
    This couldn't be further from the truth. People are really bad and disorganised at low m+ keys and yes it does matter a lot. 1 bad dps can fuck up your entire key. I've had +4 keys that we couldn't do in time, while I've done several +7 and +8 keys with 3 upgrades.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-02 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've heard enough excuses from crap players who just want to play for themselves and not help anyone else to know better.
    "I don't like what you said so I'm just going to tell myself you're lying" is basically how I interpret your post.

Is anything I said actually wrong? No one should expect to get carried, despite it being a game, some effort is involved when you want to do high level content.

If you have 0 experience and apply to a job that requires it, what do they say?

You're right. That's clearly a mistake with system. Hopefully they will update it soon. The in-game addon should show your main's score no whatter what faction you're on.
    Same goes for character name changes. You lose all your history.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post
    just join a guild and do keystones within the guild, if you pug keystones and expect great results, youre only going to be let down.
    Well maxium rewards are at 10 lvl that is soooo easy that even pugs faceroll item by pressing 5 buttons so pugging makes sense and if you want to push higher level 17/18/19keystones are very possible with pugs.

Raider.io is here to easier check people, detect fake achivement etc. If you got idk lvl 15 key and you need it for achivement you got raider.io to check if people are decent enough.

Players that run +10 are same geared as players that do +18 and difference betwee this levels is very high. If you cant check by ilvl you check by score - simple.

Why the fuck should 1 score apply to all your characters? Just because you're good and geared with your DK main doesn't mean you're good with your druid alt.

I've just today encountered a resto (!!!) druid that had like 300 ilvl and wanted to do KR+7. I left the group before we began, cuz 1. there's no way I'll carry someone for free and 2. this guy wants to heal +7 with ilvl300. AND when I left he was telling me shit like his main is 1.8k, as if that gives me confidence that he'll heal that just fine lol (heck even if he was good geared then his 1.8k on his main wouldn't matter at all)...

- - - Updated - - -

No you both are wrong. Have you guys even played any m+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This is the best way to describe it.

There is a bit of, elitism that comes into play. But that is only when you're trying to push +15-20 keys that I have noticed that. But I build my own groups when doing keys that high, I rarely queue for them because of the stigma associated with Warlocks currently.

It is EXTREMELY easy to get a timed 10+ key, which will put you at 1,000 Raider.io, and at that point, its really, really easy to get into groups consistently. Unless of course you're lazy, or feel entitled, or in some cases, both.
    Its extremely easy to time 10s if you have a guild with a 10 key for every dungeon, or you're a meta class (rogue, dh, bdk or prot war, not a priest or shaman healer), or you already have an io of 1400+.

If you don't fit *at least* one of those descriptions, fat chance getting invited to nearly every 10 key.

(For reference, i pug most keys. Dh sat around 1300 in season 1, is about 1k in s2. He gets into keys easy. My 405 mm hunter and 409 ret/prot pally though, both with s2 scores of around 1k they get insta-declined from most 10s)

- - - Updated - - -

Same goes for character name changes. You lose all your history.
    I don't know how that worked before, but when kt/ztroll released, i racechanged and name changed and within a couple of hours, all progress had been applied to the new toons (2 of them).

Why the fuck should 1 score apply to all your characters? Just because you're good and geared with your DK main doesn't mean you're good with your druid alt.
    You didn't read what I said. You should go re-read and then /insert foot in mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can't change facts and truths, so there is nothing to change.

Anyone who thinks raider.io is bad is a 100% entitled person who thinks the world owes them free rides.
    Or understands that the system is inherently flawed because of how people use it. Or wait, that can't be right. The people who depend on an addon to build their group for them can't possibly be using incomplete information.

- - - Updated - - -

I've just today encountered a resto (!!!) druid that had like 300 ilvl and wanted to do KR+7. I left the group before we began, cuz 1. there's no way I'll carry someone for free and 2. this guy wants to heal +7 with ilvl300. AND when I left he was telling me shit like his main is 1.8k, as if that gives me confidence that he'll heal that just fine lol (heck even if he was good geared then his 1.8k on his main wouldn't matter at all)...

- - - Updated - - -

No you both are wrong. Have you guys even played any m+ ?
    Reading is hard, isnt it? That's rhetorical btw, the answer is obvious.

To everyone else, robertmugabe is exactly the type of person who gives the intelligent r.io users a bad name. Can't be bothered to comprehend and process all available information, but decides you are wrong anyway.
    Last edited by Mardux; 2019-04-02 at 06:46 PM.

Because gear is meaningless. You were able to gauge player from his item level up until mid MoP.

Gear hierarchies are good.

I value your argument highly. However, Counter argument:

Everyone has the same opportunities. Nobody should complain about other people making groups, because they have the ability to make their own.
    counter point, not everyone is comfortable leading a group, which the person making it, usually is expect to do.

Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    Raider.io exists because you can't replace people in the middle of a M+ run. There are lazy and unprepared players in raid pugs too, it just doesn't matter because you can kick them out and replace them when you find that out. M+ doesn't allow you to do that so prescreening is vastly more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Because gear is meaningless. You were able to gauge player from his item level up until mid MoP.

Gear hierarchies are good.
    What? I have seen so many god aweful players in Cata and before running around with highend gear.