Poll: Where do you think the story will end at - War or Peace

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Where do you think the story will end at - War or Peace

What kind of story do you think Blizzard will deliver.
    A good message of Peace?
    or
    A never ending War?

Im a fan of messages of Peace and Love but maybe its too childish considering the reality of real life.
    We are always at War.
    Either way i will be happy with the story Blizzard delivers.

----------

Ill just leave here the Mists of Pandaria cinematic Trailer just to spread a message of Love

"To ask why we fight is to ask why the leaves fall
    it is in their nature
    perharps there is a better question
    Why do we fight?
    To protect home and family
    To preserve balance and bring harmony
    For my kind the true question is
    What is worth fighting for?"

*tears*

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-04-02 at 08:30 PM.

Probably where every other time they've done this storyline has ended up.

Expansion starts with Alliance and Horde at "war". Some big threat threatens to kill everyone. Alliance and Horde agree to put aside differences to fight this new evil. Cue next expansion where Alliance and Horde are at war with each other.

permanent tension, but not all out war.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Probably where every other time they've done this storyline has ended up.

Expansion starts with Alliance and Horde at "war". Some big threat threatens to kill everyone. Alliance and Horde agree to put aside differences to fight this new evil. Cue next expansion where Alliance and Horde are at war with each other.
    Well, the horde and alliance have been at war pretty much the entire story of wow. It's just the adventurers join a faction dedicated to defeating the common evil. The closest to peace between the two factions was probably when Thrall and Varian were in power. And relations we're good until the Wrathgate.

As usual, faction conflict really only boils down to the directive of the leadership. Even then, alternative faction leaders are generally against the conflict. The conflict will end with the warmongers either getting killed off, imprisoned, or have an "enemy of my enemy" resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    As usual, faction conflict really only boils down to the directive of the leadership. Even then, alternative faction leaders are generally against the conflict. The conflict will end with the warmongers either getting killed off, imprisoned, or have an "enemy of my enemy" resolution
    IDK, Sylvanas doesnt seem conflicted with the idea of a War.
    The Alliance leader obviously is conflicted.

I dont think Blizzard will deliver a yet again "friends to fight a common enemy" story.
    I just dont believe they will do that yet again.

IMO they will make something entirely new this time......and i think "WAR" will continue...sadly

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only logical solution would be decimation (or even destruction) of both Horde and Alliance. They are just too powerful now. Weak remnants would be forced to fight together against Void.

Never ending war would be pointless. Holding hands again (MoP ending) after Teldrassil would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Holding hands again (MoP ending) after Teldrassil would be stupid.
    Indeed that is also my instinct.

The only way this expansion will deliver a message of Peace is if Sylvanas dies...or if she gets replaced...
    If she is out of the map basically.
    I just dont see her having a epiphany of sorts :S

Openly hostile with lots of proxy conflicts but without any direct campaigns against the enemy. Essentially we are at war but we won't have the resources to muck around in a decisive manner since both sides will be in economic ruin (at least in lore).

There are too many idiots that honestly believe war in warcraft actually refers to the the faction conflict, even when we look back it was a side-show for most of the time in in warcraft and wow. It's also way easier to write artificial conflicts that way. Need a new baddy? Have some faction leader swallow the retard pill and let them march off to becoming Lich King 12.0
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-02 at 08:42 PM.

Tense peace probably, given that was the whole point of Warcraft 3. That they had to put their hatred aside against a greater threat.

Story of Death, everyone dies. Horde Alliance, there's nothing left but undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I'm going to go with the basics, and the title "World of Warcraft" seems to imply war to me.

Mandatory Fallout quote: War, war never changes.

I can't wait for the new game, World of Friendcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Story of Death, everyone dies. Horde Alliance, there's nothing left but undead.
    Honestly? I'd be ok if Blizzard randomly decided to say that this was the final expansion and the game was ending abruptly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    To protect home and family
    That's one of the reasons i dislike BFA so much: As a player primarilly interested in Night Elves the expansion took this reason to fight away from me in the fucking prepatch. I can appreciate a "vengeance story"...but Blizzard is not going to give this to the Night Elves. And no, killing one Valkyr who's name 0.1% of the players remembers is not "vengeance". So there really is no reason to appreciate this "war" at all. I have read both the CE novels...i can see why somebody identifying more with the Horde would like it...but coming from an Alliance/Nelf PoV the entire expansion is just a humiliation. Nothing else.

It does not make me want to fight a war, if there is nothing left to protect.

I really hope they do away with the faction war after BFA. Factions are just a very poor device to tell stories in an MMO. Why? because the focal point of WoW is (and has been since classic) PvE dungeons+raids. These obvioulsy have to be the same for both factions. This is the content that makes or breaks WoW - everything else is just nice to have. The game is not better when 50% of the content makes no sense for your faction or does not even get any introduction to the game at all. Just play BFA from an Alliance PoV...the first raid barely even gets mentioned in our questlines when it is built up by all THREE of the Horde zones. And the final boss of "our vengeance patch" is Jaina, who we have to fight as OOC Horde. That is as low as an RPG can get. It's really below the scale. BFA deserves every single turd thrown its way just because it fails so massively at motivating its most important content for both factions in an expansion that is supposed to be focused on factions.

Again, i can totally understand why a Horde-Player would be cool with BFA as an RPG....but coming from the Alliance side this expansion just degrades you to NPC-Status. And i do not want Blizzard to continue with this and then ask every 2 years why fewer and fewer people are playing Alliance. Yeah, sure, we got great emotional cinematics of Jaina (none of them prerendered, by the way...)...but emotional cinematics about ONE character do not make a RPG.

Still, i think Blizzard is totally fine with the status quo of things...and that's why i believe they will just continue exactly like this. So war it is.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-02 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    That's one of the reasons i dislike BFA so much: As a player primarilly interested in Night Elves the expansion took this reason to fight away from me in the fucking prepatch. I can appreciate a "vengeance story"...but Blizzard is not going to give this to the Night Elves. And no, killing one Valkyr who's name 0.1% of the players remember is not "vengeance". So there really is no reason to appreciate this "war" at all. I have read both the CE novels...i can see why somebody identifying more with the Horde would like it...but coming from an Alliance/Nelf PoV the entire expansion is just a humiliation. Nothing else.

It does not make me want to fight a war, if there is nothing left to protect.

I really hope they do away with the faction war after BFA. Factions are just a very poor device to tell stories in an MMO. Why? because the focal point of WoW is (and has been since classic) PvE dungeons+raids. These obvioulsy have to be the same for both factions. This is the content that makes or breaks WoW - everything else is just nice to have. The game is not better when 50% of the content makes no sense for your faction or does not even get any introduction in the game at all. Just play BFA from an Alliance PoV...the first raid barely even gets mentioned in our questlines when it is built up by all THREE of the Horde zones. And the final boss of "our vengeance patch" is Jaina, that we have to fight as OOC Horde. That is as low as an RPG can get. It's really below the scale. BFA deserves every single turd thrown it's way just because it fails so massively at motivating its most important content for both factions in an expansion that is supposed to be focused on factions.

Again, i can totally understand why a Horde-Player would be cool with BFA as an RPG....but coming from the Alliance side this expansion just degrades you to NPC-Status. And i do not want Blizzard to continue with this and then ask every 2 years why fewer and fewer people are playing Alliance. Yeah, sure, we got great emotional cinematics of Jaina (none of them prerendered, by the way...)...but emotional cinematics about ONE character do not make a RPG.

Still, i think Blizzard is totally fine with this status quo of things...and that's why i believe they will just continue exactly like this. So war it is.
    Interesting way of seeing things.
    imo Revenge is only good if it stops constant oppression to you.
    Revenge for the sake of..."payback"...is never a good path to follow.

I think about this stuff a lot...im constatnly conflicted...and i recently given up to rage and made a "comeback" of sorts...that may not end well for me.
    It was on the heat of the moment...im sorry i did it.

SO in my opinion revenge is only good to fight constant oppression.

I put "other" because I'm on the fence. For one, I think they want to finish the faction war storyline. Like in Legion, it seems Blizz is becoming more streamlined and focused on their storylines, to make them have a lasting impact and resolve these loose threads that have accumulated in past expansions. Legion ended the legion. I believe BfA will end the Faction war (or the factions themselves).
    However, it's difficult to believe factions like Night Elves after the burning of Teldrassil would ever resign themselves to peace.

So my opinion, at this moment, is that maybe the factions will end, and Races will operate autonomously. Some with cooperation, others with violence. Forsaken go back to being these lone survivors hated by everyone in Azeroth, striving to make a place for themselves. Night Elves go back to their ruthless savage Warcraft 3 ways.

Not really an end to violence, but an end to the faction war as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Honestly? I'd be ok if Blizzard randomly decided to say that this was the final expansion and the game was ending abruptly like this.
    Idk if it'll just end like that. It's hard to say for sure, especially with how trash Blizzard is these last few expansions. However I could see this plot opening up a WoW 2 with better graphics and such, instead of running on a 15 year old engine with an amalgamated outdated code.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

5+ Year Old Account
    It will deliver a message of Peace: At the end they defeated the Mad Queen Warchief, who reign of tyranny endured until Anduin struck a dagger at her back while she screamed "BURN THEM ALL", then Orcs and Humans finally achieved peace, marriage between races its being aproved, orcs and trolls live in Stormwind and Dwarfs and Kultirans live peacefully in the mud huts and streets of Orgrimmar. THe Titan are making more titan babies and Azeroth its saved from the Old Gods. THE END.

Yeah are you sure about that both factions joning themself in one and living in peace? or just again Cold War from vanilla, if thats the case i preffer playing Classic than other expansion because WoW's Cold war was the most unfun faction action that i experience on wow, yeah sure Bg and stuff but at the end Pandaria and BfA are the only one that pushes the faction conflict to "World wide action" until Blizzard decided that the Horde instead of "Greys" they were "the villains" and shiny Varian/Anduin with friends (Voljin/saurfang) are the true heroes.

It will deliver a message of never ending War: I preffer this state, it leds to revamping the World based on the new conquered zones, it allows blizzard to expand in the overworld experience and story. They can push the faction conflict after BfA, they can make more Bgs, they can make stories about the Horde conquerir alliance cities, Alliance destroying Horde cities. THis is the plot that Blizzard can squish unlimited, but first they need to "take away" the neutral enemies. THose that doesnt affect the faction conflict. ZUL- Azhara-Old Gods. yarada yarada

10+ Year Old Account
    As always, somewhere in the middle, unsettled with lots of angry people standing down (for now).

I'd be happy if they ended the faction war forever though. Just my personal opinion*.

*Yes, I know what the game is called. We can be at war with other things after this many years.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-03 at 02:09 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."