Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    And why exactly SHOULD dungeon finder do this?

A HUUUUUGE part of an MMO is being helpful to others below you. An MMO isn't about being HYPER selfish and purely committed to improving yourself only. People like that are CANCER. Your addition would make it easier to be selfish. Eff that.
    No, an MMO is about playing with likeminded people. People who can't complete a +10 most likely have a completely different way of playing the game than I do, and we shouldn't play together because it'd not be fun for either of us.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'm probably the worst player in the entire game, just look at my warcraft logs.. I'm 1041 IO right now..

I'm saying this coming from someone who's not only bad, from someone who doesn't even play the game and can easily obtain 1041 running pugs (check the groups I'm with, I've literally ran with ONE group of friends this season because they needed a 11 or 12..)

Anyway, just remember OP - you just have to run a 10 pug per week and you'll have 1000. I'm 1041 with a 9 on there, and many 10's not even in time so.. again I promise you right meow you can easily do a ten. Look at that filthy ass 2100 rog a few posts up.. he's not even close to the number one rog in the world (some asshole with 3500 io..), and he even said 1000 isn't even trying
    Exactly. It doesn’t even require that much effort. But still a lot of players are too lazy for that and instead spend their time complaining.

You might be bad (your words not mine) but at least you ran a +10 key of all the dungeons which is much better than just complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it exists to filter out all the lazy people who put no effort to become better
    not really... considering you can buy M+ runs, for the high keys I would agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It exists because there is always going to be some kind of gatekeeping. It's been a thing since Wrath when Gearscore was the hot thing.

And don't get me wrong. I totally get why people like it because it does help weed out "bad" players but at the same time all it is doing is making people stick more to their guild and shy away from PuGs. I gave up trying to PuG any of the harder content years ago because I just don't want to deal with all the BS it brings trying to wrangle randoms together.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its not like mythic dungeons are hard unless ur a tank/healer...anything under 10 is complete faceroll, theres no need for raider.io unless ur pushing 12+
    Have you actually done any mythic above 15 lmao
    The tank's job is basically predefined before he even loads in, he knows what to pull, where to pull how to kite and the amount of CDs to use per pull, because of this the healer is basically half afk through the dungeon, prioritizing on dpsing and barely healing.
    If anything the higher the number, the more work the actual DPS need to do, sure some affixes make the tank's job harder but the dps job is always increasing in difficulty while the healer has less and less to do, and this is as someone who has done 20s as Warrior tank, warrior dps, rogue, resto druid, holy paladin, ret, DH dps and tank.

Tl:Tr the healer is the easiest job in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Exactly. It doesn’t even require that much effort. But still a lot of players are too lazy for that and instead spend their time complaining.

You might be bad (your words not mine) but at least you ran a +10 key of all the dungeons which is much better than just complaining.
    Very true sir, I guess I mean - I get people that just want any group to accept them without IO, but imo, if they had a ten and were running a group.. why would they expect any less is my only thing. Anyway <3

Take someone with less than 1k IO on +13-15 keys which are not even that high, and I ensure you he will int the run at some point.

There's not much to be said to change your mind cause you are right. If you cant be bothered to run lower keys to learn and just want to just straight into higher keys cause "I got this bro" then you're lying to yourself about your own skill level. Hell, just today we would've timed a +18 Underrot EASILY by like 5 minutes but the literal 2000 r.io score tank didnt know how to tank last boss so key was done.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Take someone with less than 1k IO on +13-15 keys which are not even that high, and I ensure you he will int the run at some point.
    Exactly. Most people who argue against r.io are just snowflakes who want to get carried. These exact literal same people would NEVER make their own group and invite people like themselves, inexperienced, below-average skill and entitled. They would never do it. But they like to make you think they would because "hur dur elistist is holding me back bro".

Fully agree. Too many people think they are entitled to everything these days and rely on others to get it if it requires a bit of effort. And not only in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    There's not much to be said to change your mind cause you are right. If you cant be bothered to run lower keys to learn and just want to just straight into higher keys cause "I got this bro" then you're lying to yourself about your own skill level. Hell, just today we would've timed a +18 Underrot EASILY by like 5 minutes but the literal 2000 r.io score tank didnt know how to tank last boss so key was done.

Exactly. Most people who argue against r.io are just snowflakes who want to get carried. These exact literal same people would NEVER make their own group and invite people like themselves, inexperienced, below-average skill and entitled. They would never do it. But they like to make you think they would because "hur dur elistist is holding me back bro".
    Its not about learning, its the majority of the complainers that doesnt even know how the game works.

You can see it on mmo-champion a lot.

"My alt is 385 in 2 weeks, wtf is this Blizzard , game so easy".

"My alt is 395, 1 month after and i cant join M+, fuck raider.io".

They dont realize the average ilvl of the period is 410+ and their 385 character is useless tier.

Also, no one told them that their 385 character that took them 2 weeks to gear up thanks to emissaries and not because they did anything actually, can be done in a day (more like played time less than 10h) with a few m+ and 5k gold.

Then despite their 385-395 gear, the proceed to do a whooping 6k DPS in their LFR group when they are supposed to be doing averagely 12-13k.

And then they find all sort of excuses as to why and what, instead of learning.

This is how WoW has been since Vanilla, only problem was, Better Group of players would never overlap with Decent Group of Players and Terrible Group of Players.

This is the aftereffects of years of point systems in dailies, and finder tools without actual configurations.

Edit: Quoted wrong post </3
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-03 at 12:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its exist for a sense of gratification and accomplishment for a video game, just like achievements.

Raider.IO exists so mythic+ teams can compete with other teams with a ranking system. Just like wowprogress does with raiding.

The fact that people uses it to filter pugs is surely not why it was even created.. but it fills a void that is in the game because of titanforging and easy access to high ilvl loot.

Did I change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Raider.IO exists so mythic+ teams can compete with other teams with a ranking system. Just like wowprogress does with raiding.

The fact that people uses it to filter pugs is surely not why it was even created.. but it fills a void that is in the game because of titanforging and easy access to high ilvl loot.

Did I change your mind?
    Yes and no

I was originally referring to the filter-part of raider.io.

But you're probably right that raider.io specifically started as you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    It exists because Blizzard failed to implement and enforce their own ranking system. They should add a solo queue for M+, it's a no brainer. They don't do it because of their outdated and completely counter-productive notion of "group content should be *only* for organized groups" without noticing that the word "only" has no business of being there, and that all other games dropped it years ago and are prospering because of that.

You should be able to auto solo-queue for M+ and the system should just have some restrictions on the groups it creates (roles plus temporary exclusions if some comps are unworkable - ie, no spec X if there is already spec Y), on what groups you can enter (ie, you have to complete M+9 once or twice in order to queue for M+10), plus matchmaking based on ratings / times. Those who want to do M+ in organized groups should still be able to do so, that's fine, but they should have a solo queue. Once you have the solo queue, you don't need R.IO, it just dies (how it should).
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-03 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It exists because Blizzard failed to implement and enforce their own ranking system. They should add a solo queue for M+, it's a no brainer. They don't do it because of their outdated and completely counter-productive notion of "group content should be *only* for organized groups" without noticing that the word "only" has no business of being there, and that all other games dropped it years ago and are prospering because of that.

You should be able to auto solo-queue for M+ and the system should just have some restrictions on the groups it creates (roles plus temporary exclusions if some comps are unworkable - ie, no spec X if there is already spec Y), on what groups you can enter (ie, you have to complete M+9 once or twice in order to queue for M+10), plus matchmaking based on ratings / times. Those who want to do M+ in organized groups should still be able to do so, that's fine, but they should have a solo queue. Once you have the solo queue, you don't need R.IO, it just dies (how it should).
    There already is a solo queue for dungeons in the game.

raider.io exist because wowprogress is lazy with updating their site. they more or less do the same thing raider.io just makes it all more convenient and modern.

5+ Year Old Account
    Raider.IO exists so that you can choose better who can boost you through the dungeons.

So..they create addon to improve toxicity. So what? Everyone knows that everything around Mythic is toxic.

That's reason why many people ignore this whole mythic content and community as whole.

No addon will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    So..they create addon to improve toxicity. So what? Everyone knows that everything around Mythic is toxic.

That's reason why many people ignore this whole mythic content and community as whole.

all content is toxic. if you can perform less well at something then that means there are winners and losers which means toxic. the best event is one that only happens to you yet you do not know you are partaking it. this is how all of wow should be

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post

I would argue that the toxic behavior comes from players who put no effort into the game and expect other players to carry them through content.