Poll: Do you think 8.2 will save BfA?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Depends on what you mean when you say "saving". Overall review? The second half of the expansion tends to dominate people's opinion about the game. So it's possible. As in bringing players back? That usually only happens with a new expansion. Making it a financial success? Already happened and nickel and diming us to death happens regardless of the state of the game.

I dont see how bfa is fixable in a content patch. They need to fix the failures of the last 3-4 expansions

WoW needs saving? From what? From who?

You?
    Last edited by Huzzaa; 2019-04-02 at 09:55 PM.

BfA would have to fail first. I'm still loving it and never have trouble finding a group for anything I want to do, that's all I care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA is fine. No need to save it. I don't think that 8.2 would contain any interesting content. May be 1 dungeon. Raid will be later, so there's nothing really to wait for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    BfA would have to fail first. I'm still loving it and never have trouble finding a group for anything I want to do, that's all I care about.
    I bet plain rice waffles are your favourite dish.

On topic: 8.2 will not save BFA, its just about damage control. To save BFA you have to revamp most of the expansion and seeing what little blizzard has done since alpha there is no way 8.2 will have this much changes. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and the next expansion wont be shit.

It doesn't need saving, same as the other 200 times spanning 7 expansions that this thread was made.
    BfA getting so much hate just shows how spoiled people got in Legion. BfA is mediocre, not worst of the bunch.

The part that's always remembered is the final patch, AKA when people discuss BfA 2 years from now, it'll be with 8.3 in mind.

"Can teh next expansion save WoW"... Same thing, different level of stupidity. WoD - Legion says hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    At this point I hope so
    Missing the poll option of "The expansion doesn't need saving" or "The Game is fine now"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Isn't WoW dead?

So..I guess...no?
    How does one save that which has no life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The game died the second the first classic wow patch hit.. well SO SAID THE FORUMS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Isn't WoW dead?

So..I guess...no?
    Listen bro, WoW died before it began

Don't you enjoy these masked wow is ded threds m8

If only they'd put the damn thing up on the ptr...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Could do, could also fail miserably.

I'm dying to see it hit the PTR so I can have a better idea as to its quality, it's been cooking a hundred days longer than 7.2 did, so that's somewhat promising (Despite 7.2 being utter garbage aside from the Mage Tower).

If done right it can save BfA. The Azerite changes could see things fixed for a lot of high end players and if the world content is good then we'll see the casuals be happy too.

BfA brought back a lot of people who thought things like faction conflict and warmode would be these rousing returns to faction as a focus and open world, dynamic events and pvp and the pvp ended up being a worse, dispersed version of legions watch towers and the less said about [M O R A L L Y G R E Y] the better. The people who are in for the long haul and just a little burned will at least pay for another month to see whats new but all those long time absentees? no way. They are in full on "fool me twice shame on me" mindset at this point. BfA was the 'win me back Blizzard' expansion for a lot of people i know and the overwhelming sentiment was "the devs now borrow ideas for reward structures from mobile games, not rpgs" and that aint the same audience.

What this guy said. No.

There are many many many issues with WoW, it can't simply be solved with a few patches. It needs a complete overhaul from the ground up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but they have to do a total revamp from the ground up on every single "feature" that BfA has. Island expeditions need to change, warfronts need to change, WQs need to change, hell even the mission table needs to change. There is no question the raid is gonna be fine again, but the rest of the expansion is still meh.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

only removal of azerite gear and tier sets back could save BFA. So no, BFA is dead. lets hope xpa saves wow. (and those reading, yes its my opinion, good for you if you still enjoy wow. why am i here then? cause im addicted to wow even if i dont play it anymore)

God I hope so. Game need some fun world content that doesn't revolve around world quests. (Sooo bored of WQ's!)

If its a shitshow, then there's always classic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, there is nothing to look forward to. Everyone bitched about Legion when it was current but at least I got some replayability from the Mage Tower and unlocking artifact skins. The necklace and armor are the laziest shit Blizzard has passed off as "content" since the selfie camera. I would unironically had preferred if they kept the weapons from Legion and added more skins with new traits rather scrapped them all together. The weapon was more than just some cloak or or raid wide ring buff, it felt like part of the class. Like they scrapped a new talent tree and just baked it as a bunch of shitty passives.

If I come back at all for WoW it will be in 9.0 and they better have something huge coming, the future of this MMO has never felt more uncertain.

P.S. Blizzard, fire those fucking hacks Ion and Lore for the love of all that is holy. Never in a million years did I think I would say this: GHOSTCRAWLER COME BACK TO US!!!!
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2019-04-02 at 10:47 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

It'd be nice, but unless it's a patch that functions as an entire expansion with several class reworks and redesigns, odds are it won't even scratch the issues that WoW currently has.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

They can add all the content that they want to add, but if they dont change classes, the problem will be the same.