Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    But gained in the Senate.
    They gained two seats, which given the various special elections is actually only one more than they had at the start of Trump's term. Meanwhile, the Democrats had literally their biggest gain in the House in the last 40 years.

But gained in the Senate. And the Dems picked Pelosi as speaker. But keep clinging to that as the Dems nominate Biden and Trump wins again. The Dems are a mess right now.
    they gained 2 seats. how many dems were up for re-election and how many were in states trump won? Things aren't looking good for republicans at all.

Looking more and more likely that I a a and his administration are going to be investigated along with Clinton campaign. Comey is nervous. I mean you keep holding on to this for over 2 years. Meanwhile the rest of the country thinks the left has collectively lost Thier shit and more Dems start distancing themselves.
    Again, absolutely no data supports this. Even Fox News can't manage to make a poll that says so.

10+ Year Old Account
    But gained in the Senate.
    There were 35 Senate seats in the 2018 election. Democrats had 26 at the beginning, Republicans only 9. The Democrats came out -2, sure, but as the party with the most seats, this is actually a good result for them, statistically speaking.

Let's pretend every single seat was chosen by coin flip. Most likely result, 17.5 D 17.5 R. The Dems beat that handily.

Now let's pretend every single seat has a 60% chance to go to the incumbent. 19.2 D seats -- the Dems beat that handily.

Now let's pretend bla bla bla 80%. 22.6D seats -- pretty close to the result of 24, but still a little low. To hit 24 exactly, it's 88.5% support.

Now of course, this is oversimplification. The two parties likely had different odds based on the results their party had. But the fact is the Senate Democrats had a good overall showing, when risking nearly three times as many seats as the Republicans, to only lose 2.

In 2020, there are 22 R seats up for grabs and 12 D. If the Republicans can keep the same level of support in 2020 as the Democrats had in 2018 (88.5%) then they will lose a seat, but keep their majority. To lose 3 seats, the support needs to be 70.15% or so.

Now, based on the way things are going with the Wall, the Trump Shutdown, the GDP numbers, the projected (we're assuming the projections are correct) GDP numbers getting worse, the damage to farming, the lack of improvement to manufacturing plus closures and layoffs, no health care plan (if anyone has one, it's after the election), Graham and McConnell doing everything they can to help Trump whose crimes continue to be investigated plus "oranges", closing the Mexican border, no visible progress on ANY trade deals and possibly war with Iran...

...will the GOP see that level of support? Or will it drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Imagine talking about this non-issue in April of 2019.
    Imagine talking about "buttery males" in 2019.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Comey is nervous.
    Comey just gave a long interview. There was no sign of him being nervous.

Maybe you're talking about Trump going after the oranges of the investigation -- which, of course, was him firing Comey. But if you think Trump will profit from prosecuting his political rivals, or trying to turn his own intelligence agencies against themselves, you're going to have to explain why. Because the Mueller investigation was backed with overwhelming Congressional support, and Trump's guy Rosenstein started it. In addition to Trump firing Comey, it was based on suspicion that Trump was working with Russia (such as the Trump Tower meeting, which they both did, and also, lied about doing before admitting it), was working on Trump Tower Moscow (which he was), violated campaign laws (which he did), and had people on his staff working with Russia (which he did, Flynn barely lasted the night). Based on all of that, the likelihood of Trump being able to get some kind of investigation going without looking like a dictator are quite low indeed.

Comey's not nervous. Comey knows how unlikely it is he'll face prosecution for...um, anything at all, really. Lordy, he hopes there are tapes.

Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-04-03 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Infracted for spam

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    I don't believe any judge, no matter what the public interest may be, is going to release information that reveals sources/methods or that could potentially compromise ongoing investigations, or criminal trials. After all the legal avenues have concluded, yes. Definitely not by the end of today.

I don't get what 'evidence' people think Muller would have? Their wasn't even enough evidence to cross the threshold of conspiracy, express or tacit. Why would career democratic prosecutors remain silent or not continue to leak information to create urgency? Why would Mueller sit on his hands? Why would his staff let him?

Lets say it all does get released, what then? No criminal charges were brought by the SC. Is the house going to roll impeachment articles only for it to get shot down in flames in trial?

It's not going to look horrible, it is going to be horrible if their is no evidence. Everything Trump has said about this being a witch hunt, will be right. I can't imagine a worse possible outcome especially leading up to the 2020 election.

Why would I care what anyone, especially some rando on a gaming forum, believes about my political ideology? Is their some sort of initiation ritual I missed? Or are you the grand inquisitor of peoples beliefs and values?
    Career prosecutors follow the law.

If you think the investigation is finished, why are there still investigations going in at least 4 districts? EDNY, SDNY, EDVA, and main justice (let alone mueller's investigation... still ongoing)?

Yeah, sure, if there's no evidence, it will make trump look better, which is why he and his ag are so intent on releasing it.

You obviously do care, or you wouldn't have mentioned it. You're just full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Quote the page and paragraph from the report that specifically lays out the "no collusion", please and thank you.
    The desperate attempts to salvage something from this debacle by the Mueller dead-enders like yourself is just sad. Yes, the public hasn't read the Mueller report. But we know he ended his investigation without indicting a single American for conspiring with Russia to influence the election. Trump, Jr. testified for hours and hours before Congress, including about the Trump Tower meeting. If he lied there, or to Mueller, why didn't Mueller indict him for perjury, lying to Congress or obstruction? Same questions for Kushner. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

If Mueller found evidence that Putin controls Trump & forces him to act against US interests & in favor of Russia - not just with a pee-pee tape but with financial blackmail - what could possibly justify keeping that a secret through the end of the investigation? It's ludicrous the position you are taking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The desperate attempts to salvage something from this debacle by the Mueller dead-enders like yourself is just sad. Yes, the public hasn't read the Mueller report. But we know he ended his investigation without indicting a single American for conspiring with Russia to influence the election. Trump, Jr. testified for hours and hours before Congress, including about the Trump Tower meeting. If he lied there, or to Mueller, why didn't Mueller indict him for perjury, lying to Congress or obstruction? Same questions for Kushner. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

If Mueller found evidence that Putin controls Trump & forces him to act against US interests & in favor of Russia - not just with a pee-pee tape but with financial blackmail - what could possibly justify keeping that a secret through the end of the investigation? It's ludicrous the position you are taking up.
    Mueller wasn't;t allowed to indict Trump.

If you're busy asking questions, if he's so fucking innocent why not release it?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The desperate attempts to stymie the release of the mueller report tell everyone there's something in it the president doesn't want released. Trump dead-enders like yourself are just sad. Yes, the majority of the public believes barr's summary doesn't exonerate trump, and we know the mueller investigation is literally still ongoing, and one of the things that got manafort (an american who was trump's campaign manager) in trouble for lying to meuller was the fact that he left out coordination with russians in an effort to influence the campaign. Trump jr has been referred to justice for perjury, but guess what, that's part of the case main justice is handling, not mueller.

Since mueller isn't known to break the law, he's not going to illegally release his report.

Seriously, your bullshit is just that. Your ignorance is just that. If you'd have been paying attention, you wouldn't look like you do now, an ignorant liar.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Lol, so we went from "He is a traitor Putin Puppet!" to "There must be something illegal in there!"

What a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Mueller wasn't;t allowed to indict Trump.

If you're busy asking questions, if he's so fucking innocent why not release it?
    Lol, I see you guys are really not coping well with the spy thriller fanfiction not being true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Lol, so we went from "He is a traitor Putin Puppet!" to "There must be something illegal in there!"

What a joke.
    I'm still on trump was selling us foreign policy for campaign help.

You're a joke.

Lol, I see you guys are really not coping well with the spy thriller fanfiction not being true.
    Why because I stated a fact you don't like?

If he's innocent, great, show me. Until then I'm not taking your compromised word on it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    LOL
    See...that's what they should have done. "Total exonoration" is false, but they went with that, anyhow. Now anything in there that's made public tarnishes that argument, and anything in there that's not made public is a coverup. If they had just said "Trump acted like a novice and messed up, he'll do better next time" they bypass some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Career prosecutors follow the law.

If you think the investigation is finished, why are there still investigations going in at least 4 districts? EDNY, SDNY, EDVA, and main justice (let alone mueller's investigation... still ongoing)?

Yeah, sure, if there's no evidence, it will make trump look better, which is why he and his ag are so intent on releasing it.

You obviously do care, or you wouldn't have mentioned it. You're just full of shit.
    They also have the Grand Jury that Mueller convened still going as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They also have the Grand Jury that Mueller convened still going as well.
    That's what I linked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But his campaign wasn't. His children weren't. I love that you think the entire investigation is black and white. Gray? Nope - all or nothing with you adorables. Trump is guilty of many crimes, objectively, along with several of his key staff. When you catch up to reality we'll be here laughing at you. As always.
    Even Trump's collusion hasn't been disproven. There's a reason he picked someone who cleaned up the Iran-Contra scandal for AG. Barr is Trump's new fixer and until congress gets the full unredacted report I wouldn't believe anything that Barr says. I wonder why the White House has done a 180 on wanting to see the Mueller report...
    Last edited by Arvei; 2019-04-03 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    Even Trump's collusion hasn't been disproven. There's a reason he picked someone who cleaned up the Iran-Contra scandal for AG. Barr is Trump's new fixer and until congress gets the full unredacted report I wouldn't believe anything that Barr says. I wonder why the White House has done a 180 on wanting to see the Mueller report...
    probly cause he's running out of senators that are willing to block the vote while he was saying release it

people are getting tired playing a fool and falling on their sword for him...well people with things to lose anyways