Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it right to cut contact with...

Someone you played with for some years?

He's only ever done +6 as a healer with the group we run before we tried to do a +9 tol dagor with him. I've healed them up to +15 as a holy priest. The other night in TD +9 all he did is complain about people taking too much damage, we kept wiping due to lack of healing. We barely made it past the first boss with him and we fucked the key because he couldn't handle the last boss. He threw a fit of rage and ragequit the group after a few wipes saying it's impossible to heal it, that the boss needs to be nerfed, that we need to learn to avoid damage etc.

He wasn't always like this, it's only as of BFA that he started becoming like this, couldn't keep up even at the start of BFA, whined that we lvled too fast, whined that we did mythic dungeons before he had hit 120 even though it took him until reset to hit 120.

I removed him from my friends list and blocked him on discord and other places, do you think this is the right thing to do for such behavior even if you've known them for years?

Ehhh what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean 'is it right'? It's your choice who you stay in contact with.

Clearly from what you're telling us, he upset you and you don't want to talk to him again. So... don't talk to him again. That's perfectly fine. Lol.
    Of course it's right to have feelings about people. This is such a silly question to ask. It's like asking if it's right to be upset when someone upsets you!

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What do you mean 'is it right'? It's your choice who you stay in contact with.

Clearly from what you're telling us, he upset you and you don't want to talk to him again. So... don't talk to him again. That's perfectly fine. Lol.
    Of course it's right to have feelings about people. This is such a silly question to ask. It's like asking if it's right to be upset when someone upsets you!
    It is a good example of the lack of independent thought we see of so many on these forums.

Kind of unusual to do a full cut off over WoW performance unless you just didn't like the guy much to begin with. I would just try to explain to him that your game paths have split. You will focus on more difficult content without him but you can still be cool. I know one way I work this with lower end people on my friends list is when I or someone I know is leveling an alt or something I pull them though lower keys while I am gearing up at max. If at this point the guy blows up I likely still wouldn't go full block and ignore train the guy but I wouldn't be inclined to respond much until he chilled the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Ehhh what?
    What was the point of you posting this?

Sounds to me like you're the problem if you're going to trash a relationship over something as silly as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trywin Hard View Post

He's only ever done +6 as a healer with the group we run before we tried to do a +9 tol dagor with him. I've healed them up to +15 as a holy priest. The other night in TD +9 all he did is complain about people taking too much damage, we kept wiping due to lack of healing. We barely made it past the first boss with him and we fucked the key because he couldn't handle the last boss. He threw a fit of rage and ragequit the group after a few wipes saying it's impossible to heal it, that the boss needs to be nerfed, that we need to learn to avoid damage etc.

He wasn't always like this, it's only as of BFA that he started becoming like this, couldn't keep up even at the start of BFA, whined that we lvled too fast, whined that we did mythic dungeons before he had hit 120 even though it took him until reset to hit 120.

I removed him from my friends list and blocked him on discord and other places, do you think this is the right thing to do for such behavior even if you've known them for years?
    pull the cord, but after you talk to the guy about his toxic shit, then its fine. but if you jsut ghost the dude, then you are the asshole. maybe the person has something way different in life thats frustrating or stressing him the hell out, and its following him in game where he's maybe trying to escape IRL for a while only to be stonewalled with more headache, frustration and other stuff, they jsut havent connected the two. then again they may have become a shithead over time and its nothing personal, or they jsut became more comfortable being an asshole with your group, than in past. but always give them the dignity and opportunity to fix the problem, or at least talk about the stuff outside of game, that might contribute to this, if there is any; and let them know if they dotn want to or try to ease up the shitbag behavior that you are gonna just ignore them, as their shitty day doesnt have to come into your day and make it shitty too.

10+ Year Old Account
    People change, they get stuff in their real lives. You say you've known him for years. So...

You can abandon him or as a friend you can try to find out what's going on and help him out. Sounds like you've already chosen the former and just want a bunch of strangers on a game forum who don't know either you or your friend to validate that. No thanks.

Your friend, your choice.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    It is a good example of the lack of independent thought we see of so many on these forums.
    I'm gonna agree with you because I can't formulate my own opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    if this was a friend of yours then you're a douche.
    even bigger if it was a RL one.

if it was just a playmate contact, then sure.
    but blocking him seems excessive and bitter.

since you say he suddenly "changed", maybe he's got problems irl, and he had a rage fit online.
    everybody will do/say something stupid/bad at some point, there's no need to crucify him/her.
    in the case of a mere play-buddy, just avoid him for a while...or forever if he doesnt change back, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trywin Hard View Post

Only you can decide this... its like asking 'Is it wrong to like chocolate cake more than vanilla ice cream?'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I’ve lost count how many players I’ve bonded with and then cut em out after a while.

I don’t play games to develop lasting friendships. That’s what the real world is for.

welcome to kindergarten...

I hope you messaged him before blocking him, that way you get the upper hand and last word, because he wouldn't be able to respond to you!

So much for "playing with friends".

Seems it is more about "being successfull with anyone that performs".

Good riddance, to create a society which splits friendships if one does not perform and asks people to look for performers.

Ask him what the fuck is going on with him and if it is some kind of personal issue, just let him know that he needs some help and you won't play with him again until he can get his shit together.

Unfriend and block him only if he went full on mental on you after you directly expressed your concern about his well being.

It sounds like the issue runs deeper than just World of Warcraft. I won't comment further on how you should have handled the situation, but it does sound like he was stressed out.

Asking for social advice to random people on MMO-C haha.

If you are not mature enough to tell to your "friend": "Hey you are trash and we are in a diferent level of what we are aiming for, we can keep beign friends but i'll search for another one to replace you because of your low performance" idk what are you expecting we to say you.

you did well? no you not IMO, you can be skilled as hell and at least you could be a bit honest with your friend, he can be trash IG but you are in social skills m8.