Thread: Model upgrades?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yes and would those new animations suddenly just disappear? Like I said you are assuming it wouldn't cause problems.
    Yes, those NEA animations would dissapear, I dont think you understand how animations and models work...

If they just add the old models to the old game, they dont have to add the new combat animations they added with legion and WoD...

I am not assuming I KNOW it won't.

"Hey if I eat this cheeseburger will it blow up the house?"
    Is how you sound right now, the model has nothing to do with animations, they broke the vanilla model because they added tons of new animations and could not keep the old one updated with it.

If they added the new models to vanilla it would just... Be that way, no new combat animations, so no need to drop a models quality.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-04-02 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pjostlvx View Post
    Damn this comment is so stupid. You clearly have 0 knowledge about the model upgrade drama.

"If they just add the old models to the old game, they dont have to add the new combat animations they added with legion and WoD..."
    Why not? Considering people like you who claim new = better.

This is simple false. Vanilla model was broken in BC. Blizzard changed models/animations each expansion (including old/new models) and that is why they need artists for restoring "true" vanilla models.

I also had videos to prove old models are still there in the client and is able to be enabled through moding (not addons) towards ingame database files.

- - - Updated - - -

No. AddOns can't do in-game client file replacements. They are 3rd party programs and definitely bannable by the warden.

The worse part is that forums like MMOC will censor such topics because it is against ToS and not supported by this forum.
    when did i claim new=better
    i never said 'I WANT NEW ANIMATIONS IN CLASSIC WOW!"
    because they wont be needed as most are for spells that didnt even fucking exist in vanilla
    adding new models to the old game would be fine, the reaosn why the old models are gone is because blizzard was making new combat animations, and to make them work for the old models was too troublesome, so they just said fuck it and made them use the new animations to make it easier, and then eventually removed them

ok, how does you being able to use old models in current wow prove that you cant use new models in old wow? this has been proven to work many times, many pservers vanilla to current have versions of the game which allow you to use the updated models NO PROBLEM.
    hell some of the most popular wotlk ones have the new mounts and everything, all built on the old infrastructure.
    file replacement is bannable, but really no one has been banned for it since AQ when they fixed "oh yeah you can delete files and delete parts of the enviroment"
    people have been using mods to change their charecter models for more then a decade with no bans

7+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before, it has NOTHING to do with new animations. Animations are NOT part of models. The real issue is about 3d armor. Not "new animations".

I can use old models because old model FILES and related all NPC textures are in the client while new models are NOT.

Wrong. Since WoD, wow has updated its storage from MPQ to CASC. It is absolutely a disaster to do the same thing on retail server.

"with no bans". How do you know that? Also, is that your excuse for against ToS?
    so what does armor have to do with this?
    again it is super easy to add the new models to the old game, private servers have done this for a decade
    yeah no, again this has been done for decades

do you know if you wear a suit of armor into a parlimental building you will be executed?
    yeah that is still a law, but they have not executed someone for that for like... a long.. long time...
    did you also know its illegal to have a salmon suspiciously?
    yeah dont think they have arrested someone for that
    did you know its illegal to be sockless within 100 yards of the queen?
    did you know its illegal to shake out a rug in public after 8 am?
    did you know itsi lelgal to wear a double ruff?
    its also illegal to knock on a door and leave.

now i wonder how many people are arrested for that... hmmm
    all laws... all very true laws that are still laws to this date...
    but how many people do you think are ACTUALLY arrested for them?

7+ Year Old Account
    It proves you have no idea about anything of the game. In legion, blizzard updated the engine of wow and now multiple models can be displayed at the same time. The 3d armors (which are those new armor sets) are completely different models. When you are wearing 3d armors, multiple models would be displayed simultaenously.

WOW has multiple vocal groups. Different people want different things. Not everyone who enjoys old models want old animations. Not everyone who enjoys new models want new animations as well. Your new models don't actually provide any options for anyone but slope for everyone who wants more changes.

- - - Updated - - -

When something is illegal, anyone can report you for doing this which would restrict you for doing that thing.
    so what does this have to do with adding the new models to vanilla, vanilla does not have 3d armors...
    you are literally making no sense, i assume your main account got banned, so you made this april fools day account.

and nah, people do these all the time right infront of police officers and they dont do shit about it.
    just because its a law, does not mean people will enforce it.

Let's assume we added new models toggle into the game.

Should we add toggle of so-called "new animations" for old models as well?
    Should we add toggle of so-called "old animations" for new models as well?
    Should we add toggle of "new spell effects"?
    Should we add 3d armors?
    Should we add transmogs?
    Should we add allied races?
    Should we change NPC models?

It is a slope dude.

and oh look right into slippery slope!
    you even call it a slope! HAHAHAHHA
    alright dude, enjoy your new account buddy, ban evading is not allowed btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla has no 3d armors. LOL. Why do you think Blizzard won't revamp all armors in the future to become 3d armors?

Your point is basically law is useless. Even nobody will enforce the law, it will still push pressure towards everyone. Just like you have changes of not being caught for killing people, will you do this?

Stupid similar arguments like wow token can stop gold farmers LOL

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Contradict to yourself dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Felplague you are absolutely a troll. You never did any data mining. You never did any real moding. You don't understand basic knowledge of the game at all. You have no computer science knowledge. You have no idea about 3d modeling. However, you keep spreading nonsense with no proof to flame other players.

I know why blizzard removed old models on live server. Because of trolls like you who want to push your things/options towards other players.
    and to the ignore list you go, its gotten pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomgan View Post
    You forgot that all the armor and everything else will be super low res as it was back then. A crisp model with a pixelated robe will not look as good as you think.

This is supposed to be an authentic experience. Using new models is not authentic. Simple as that.
    People still use judgment armor, nemesis, and others today with the new models, so idk what your talking about.

also how is it not authentic, have you checked out the starcraft remasterd? it allows players to play with the new graphics and old, while making sure to keep the old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I mean you literally can. Whether you personally like it or not is another thing.
    Yeah for the most part Arathi and Darkshore use the same terrain but with better textures. Both look MoP quality or better due to the texture update. Even reskinning the whole world, replacingall doodads, and all models with new models would bring WoW into MoP standard graphically everywhere.

While I am dreading playing a human on the classic servers due to their triangle mouth and detached cornea syndrome, I do think for the sake of authenticity they shouldn't update them.

Also updated models would be too much in contrast with the classic world.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-04-02 at 05:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

People like you are the reason why old models are removed/new models will not be added into the classic.
    You have to be cunning, you repeat yourself too often and too literally. Your presence easily and naturally becomes immediately apparent. Quote for justice:
    Quote Originally Posted by ncotht View Post
    Problem is the people like you. It was the people like you who wanted to revamp models. It was the people like you who claimed old models are not old models. It is now you who want to create something which never existed in the world in order to ruin other player's experience.

People should actually do some researches before talking about "technical issues".
    Well, yes, ok, since masks already down, there is nothing to lose I suppose? Quote for justice:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ncotht View Post
    People don't even make any investigation before claiming anything.
    I don't see how that especially helped you
    Do you want me to remind you about what I think of that "technical issues"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I don't care man, already told you, I care only perception part.

For everyone else, I specifically repeat: there shouldn't be any models' toggle because it's direct violation of game rules (the only option available to you is presence of extended customization, in forthcoming of which I don't believe) and promises (it's literally changing gameplay for some people, affect it=them). Specific reminder to FelPlague: that's MMORPG, and not RTS. We have discussed this many times (most of those links presents here), and this has always to some extent ended in fights. Why does this topic still live and continue to appear? - Trolls are boring.

There is nothing more to talk about here already long ago.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-15 at 06:48 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Jesus, I'd forgotten how bad the old animations of female human was. Now I remember why I barely played them before Legion.

I wish they would give us the option to have updated animations. Obviously vanilla graphics should be the default, but those of us who want to play classic with a fresh lick of paint should get the option to do so imo. But it's highly unlikely.

Slope right?
    Well that's a shitty argument. Even if they did add the new animations as an option, who cares? I'd keep the old ones personally but I wouldn't begrudge others getting the new animations.

That said, they won't. Animations are way harder than models to implement. Especially since many of those animations are for abilities that don't even exist yet.

Really hope someone is planing on making an addon that will make it into the new graphics.
    Its going to be in the same folders anyway just need to redirect the script wonder if it can be done.

I am really up for some QoL changes for Vanila that doesn't effect play style etc.
    Graphics can be up upgraded , Simplify Macro and things like that.

The major problem for me is that the new models are not simply improved versions of old models. They're not just "HD versions" of old models. They're often completely different models. Look at old human haircuts and new human haircuts as an example.

WoW is an RPG and we care about how our characters look and are perceived by others. I have a specific design I want to use for my character using old models, and new model version of that looks absolutely awful. It might sound "autistic" but I don't want other people to see me like that. If Blizzard were to somehow add the new model toggle I would want to have an ability to disable it for my character, so even the people who use the new models see my character as his old model.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about the old models were better boob physics. Especially female Dwarfs. So no, no changes!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they give you the option.

People who get angry over graphical changes are funny.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would actually love to see classic but with the current game graphics, or at least with the option to choose!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Zana View Post
    I would actually love to see classic but with the current game graphics, or at least with the option to choose!
    This is why it's called classic. So no thank you. Next.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree. Would be awesome.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weallscream View Post
    This is why it's called classic. So no thank you. Next.
    It will hardly invite new curious players if it doesn't offer them at least a graphical upgrade to make the world inviting. New graphics should not ruin your experience. It would be like remaking a beloved video-game from the past. Remakes are usually successful with veterans and newcomers. I been playing this game for a crapton or time and I can safely say at least from a graphical point of view it is miles away from what it was. I would love a classic remake with new graphics.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except "current game" hardly updated much old gear or world graphics in Vanilla zones (not counting remakes of Darkshore/Arathi)

Old gear on new models looks bad, and updated creatures in old world graphics look bad too.

If they did a 100% update of everything, then there was a point to make a toggle.

They aren't going to put an art team on Classic.

Outland and even Cata revamp old zones still look old in BfA, even if creatures, lighting, view distance, ground clutter have been updated, it's nothing like a "remastered" game quality.

WoD, Legion, BfA are on a whole different level of art style, even compared to MoP, imo.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-04-03 at 12:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Except "current game" hardly updated much old gear or world graphics in Vanilla zones (not counting remakes of Darkshore/Arathi)

Old gear on new models looks bad, and updated creatures in old world graphics look bad too.

If they did a 100% update of everything, then there was a point to make a toggle.
    If they did a complete remake I would prefer it. It would actually drive me to play classic more easily, since having a passionate hatred for Live just won't do it for me.