I do wonder if/when they'll intro a new Expac as well. Killing Kralk (assuming it happens in this episode) seems a good end-point for the expac.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I do wonder if/when they'll intro a new Expac as well. Killing Kralk (assuming it happens in this episode) seems a good end-point for the expac.
    Maybe? I hope there is a new expac coming as we move to the next story cycle. They have room for another LS if they follow their usual dev cycle (maybe I missed where they said this is actually the last one of the season) with the xpac in Late-Summer/Fall.

Probably kill Kralk in 5. Set up the next crisis in 6. I hope (probably not) that we kill Kralk in a casual raid like the Snowman thing we have now. The alternative would something on the scale of Mordmoth but probably not due to it just being a LS episode.

My issue with their LS boss fight is that some of them are good but feel like a waste because theres no reason to revisit them and they have to scale it to the average solo player.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    New fractal ayy. I wish the shit story would hurry up and advance to the point where we have Cantha.

I don't even think the story itself is that bad underneath it all its just the annoying fucking NPCs we ride with are beyond a level of cringe I can even put into words.

ANet should shelve their 12 year old SJW fanfic writers and hire some talent. Joko's dialogue was such a breath of fresh air but gods forbid we keep a character that isn't a special snowflake alive. I almost felt like I was playing a different game when he was speaking.

I wonder if it was the same writers, if it is then they intentionally suck all the time? ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    New fractal ayy. I wish the shit story would hurry up and advance to the point where we have Cantha.

I don't even think the story itself is that bad underneath it all its just the annoying fucking NPCs we ride with are beyond a level of cringe I can even put into words.

ANet should shelve their 12 year old SJW fanfic writers and hire some talent. Joko's dialogue was such a breath of fresh air but gods forbid we keep a character that isn't a special snowflake alive. I almost felt like I was playing a different game when he was speaking.

I wonder if it was the same writers, if it is then they intentionally suck all the time? ...
    They definitely transitioned the writing team around the time when that episode came out. Someone had retired from the industry, you had some people who were hired, then you had the two who were fired due to Twitter nonsense.

I think somewhere they said that just had nothing else to do with Joko so they sent him off while relevant instead of the character just fading into obscurity.

For those who haven't heard yet: new WvWvW mount releases today.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Arena.net is launching new campaign to get veterans back to the game. LWS4E1 is temporarily free and, considering it will last for five weeks, it's possible that every week they'll make another episode free.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Arena.net is launching new campaign to get veterans back to the game. LWS4E1 is temporarily free and, considering it will last for five weeks, it's possible that every week they'll make another episode free.
    And a 50% discount for HoT/PoF with the code "GW2WELCOMEBACK"

Also, tomorrow's the loot change with old Tyria (and I think HoT zones) getting unidentified gear rather than direct drops. Downside is that unidentified gear no longer gets double rolls for quality (once at drop, once when identified) so there's only the tiny changes for unidentified gear to be exotic, but it should do wonders for saving inventory room if you're doing something like boss farming.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Any news on the launch of season 5?
    We're unlikely to hear anything until episode 6, so at least for a month.
    Looking for Raid.

i reached my characters 5th birthday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    i reached my characters 5th birthday
    Grats on all the cool stuff.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And a 50% discount for HoT/PoF with the code "GW2WELCOMEBACK"

Also, tomorrow's the loot change with old Tyria (and I think HoT zones) getting unidentified gear rather than direct drops. Downside is that unidentified gear no longer gets double rolls for quality (once at drop, once when identified) so there's only the tiny changes for unidentified gear to be exotic, but it should do wonders for saving inventory room if you're doing something like boss farming.
    The nerf to MF is a real dick move from Anet. Since the patch i have gotten 2 pieces of exotic gear and i do Pala and tequatl every day with 250% MF without buffs.

After a Pala run i allways got 1-3 pieces of Exotic, but after the patch is has been nothing but blue, green and yellow gear and that sucks after using so much time boosting my MF
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The nerf to MF is a real dick move from Anet. Since the patch i have gotten 2 pieces of exotic gear and i do Pala and tequatl every day with 250% MF without buffs.

After a Pala run i allways got 1-3 pieces of Exotic, but after the patch is has been nothing but blue, green and yellow gear and that sucks after using so much time boosting my MF
    Could be bad luck?

The change is supposed to help you, on average, if you're not MF capped. Across all content though.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Could be bad luck?

The change is supposed to help you, on average, if you're not MF capped. Across all content though.
    Not just bad luck. Alot of guild mates have the same problem. Crap drop rate on Exotic after the patch
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Some nice stuff coming up along with season 5 and next raid wing: legendary runes and sigils, build templates, cooking cap raised to 500, more WvW adjustments, SPvP/WvW festival.
    Looking for Raid.

build templates will be nice, but legendary runes/ sigils? eh. I don't raid or stuff, so never cook anything, so I sort of wish jewelry was first to 500, but then they have ascended jewelry everywhere, so what's the point there either?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

They really need to pick up the pace for content releases. They can't even stick to their own intended 3-4 month schedule. ~2 hours of story content and a new map with barely any new long-term cosmetic rewards is just ridiculous.

Their new in-game rewards to store item ratio is skewed heavily towards the latter. People won't play your game if they have nothing to strive for, and that's especially important in a cosmetic-driven game. Grinding gold to convert to gems and buying cosmetics from a store is not interesting or fun.

Game performance has fallen behind over the years and the engine needs improvements. It's still a DirectX 9 game with other ancient hardware requirements. I can't believe I have to alter the game files myself and get DirectX 12 just so it can run better.

Also after the layoffs finding out they haven't been working on the next expansion is crazy. What do they even spend most of their time on? No wonder they laid off so many people. The company was probably bloated full of people being paid to do nothing.

The game has so much potential, but it's almost like Anet doesn't have the energy they once did.

It was revolutionary with its scaling and multi-tagging. Its movement and combat is fantastic. Mounts and gliding have been fun additions. Cosmetic rewards are odd because they can be next level or just plain bad. They still design medium armour with trench coats, light armour with skirts/robes and heavy with true free reign.

There's a reason why people look back to Heart of Thorns maps now. The meta events are great and the rewards are there to be grinded. You can't escape grinding in MMOs and even GW2 hasn't escaped that. It's better to embrace it.

Build templates are a step in the right direction, but they should have been added years ago and they have had plenty of opportunity to do so.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2019-04-02 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First World Problem:

I don't want build templates because they've been in the game for a while via add-ons. Don't want to have to go back an redo all my templates.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    First World Problem:

I don't want build templates because they've been in the game for a while via add-ons. Don't want to have to go back an redo all my templates.
    I doubt they'd break the Arc build manager with this. I'd rather have a native build manager available than not.

Honestly, the blog post sounds great. Sounds like they'd rotated quite a bit of staff off to work on other projects and that they're coming back. We'll get a delay for the first episode of LSS5, which is a bummer, but hopefully that set's things up for more meaty updates moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We'll get a delay for the first episode of LSS5, which is a bummer
    Maybe I missed something, but where do they state that? The only mention I've found is episode 6 being delayed, but that is related to SAB.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but where do they state that? The only mention I've found is episode 6 being delayed, but that is related to SAB.
    Ah, I may have misremembered and confused E6 with S5. If that's the case IGNORE ME I AM WRONG!