Poll: Who is the dumbest faction leader?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anduin befriended Baine. Sylvanas put Baine in the slammer. Which leader is dumber?

Lets put it this way - Sylvanas takes the first prize in “Moron of the year” competition for starting this war in the middle of Apocalypse while Anduin takes all the subsequent “Moron of the month” prizes for how he wages this war and ruins his own bloody faction with his idiocy.

I don't know....both are clever. Just writers want them not to be. They making mistakes only to push story.

Saurfang was favorite by almost everyone. Then some writers just recreate him as stupid. And same goes with every character that get too much spotlight.

Only Veressa and Alleria are dumbies since start.

(because...hey we have old pure noble elven family house for many years. Let's make babies with different race. Nothing is better that half elves in old pure noble house. It's not like we showing middlefinger at our ancestors)
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-04-03 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Well that plan turned out great for her didn't it? She wasted her chance to kill him so she could torture him and never got her chance to do that either.
    How do you torture someone when you just killed that person?

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    How do you torture someone when you just killed that person?
    Because she insisted on stupidly going for 'toreture' she never got her revenge against Arthas. She lost her chance for any kind of revenge by getting too greedy in a situation where she couldn't maintain the upper hand.

Because she insisted on stupidly going for 'toreture' she never got her revenge against Arthas. She lost her chance for any kind of revenge by getting too greedy in a situation where she couldn't maintain the upper hand.
    You don't understand : Her vengeance was to torture Arthas. Not to kill him : the same way Arthas denied her death. That was useless from her perspective. Look at the wc3 cutscene.

You don't understand : Her vengeance was to torture Arthas. Not to kill him : the same way Arthas denied her death. That was useless from her perspective. Look at the wc3 cutscene.
    And because of that approach, she never got any kind of vengeance at all.

And even then, she didn't exactly succeed in that moment, lingering there long enough for Ke'thuzzad's forces to show up.

So her vengeance failed and she never again got the chance to enact it.

And because of that approach, she never got any kind of vengeance at all.

And even then, she didn't exactly succeed in that moment, lingering there long enough for Ke'thuzzad's forces to show up.

So her vengeance failed and she never again got the chance to enact it.
    This is just bad luck. That doesn't mean that her move was stupid. Once again killing Arthas would be considered as mercy at this point after what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin, just look at siege of undercity, if it werent for deus ex jainima he would have just sent tons of men to die because he did not even slightly anticipate the plague from sylvanas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I mean, as much as I actually like Anduin as a character it's kind of hard to argue. He's inexperienced and only in his 20s. He has no real leadership skills and kinda got thrown into this position before he was ready. It's questionable why he's even considered the leader of the Alliance.

If we consider that Sylvanas is an extremely experienced ranger general who lived for hundreds of years then yeah, she's probably much smarter than Anduin.

Anduin is just a badly written character. Next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both do dumb shit but when Sylvanas fuck up it comes with big consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Anduin has Shaw. Who does Sylvanas have?

Seriously, if the Horde wants to win, they need to get rid of Shaw.
    ^ Agree, He makes Varian's "we will end you threat believable.

Anduin might seem like the obvious choice, but I'm going with Sylvanas. Her stubborn insistence that "anything can and should be done in the name of victory" ignores that it's not just survival, but their mutual principles, that glue the Horde together. She would damn them to the same fate she tried to push on the Alliance: splintering as the individual races deem it no longer in their best interest to stay.

Anduin is an optimist. Tempered from the total idiot he was in MOP, but he's an intelligent, empathetic diplomat, and the Alliance are willing to follow his lead despite his age. Sylvanas may be able to outsmart him, but she's also now out her best tactician due to her foolishness.

She thinks she can just pressure the Horde to abandon their values like she did and fall in line, but that pressure will only cause the Horde to consider abandoning her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Lol, Sylvannas is not intelligent??? I wonder how you measure intelligence.
    She is intelligent, but oh boy do her plans blow up more than a hi point pistol.

While sylvanas may be more tactically smart, I have a hard time considering her "intelligent" when she is setting herself up to be betrayed by even her own people. She is basically enacting a self-fulfilling prophecy in her paranoia.

Anduin is certainly not bright for the whole not accounting for the plague fiasco, but I am not sure why we are ignoring the whole entirety of the other alliance leaders and generals that didn't account for it either. Not even Genn? Shaw? It is also their role to assist the inexperienced king in strategical consideration such as "don't walk into a plague trap without defense against the plague"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Anduin has Shaw. Who does Sylvanas have?

Seriously, if the Horde wants to win, they need to get rid of Shaw.
    This.

Shaw is by far the intellectual aptitude of the Alliance at the moment. Without him around, Genn will have more scope to act rampant, and Anduin's mistakes will begin to have real consequences.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Lol, Sylvannas is not intelligent??? I wonder how you measure intelligence.
    Being smart and being dumb but one IQ point smarter then everybody else is different. As many pointed out - approaching UC without gasmasks is the top of the stupidity ladder, and all was made for a dramatic moment with plague bombs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Anduin might seem like the obvious choice, but I'm going with Sylvanas. Her stubborn insistence that "anything can and should be done in the name of victory" ignores that it's not just survival, but their mutual principles, that glue the Horde together. She would damn them to the same fate she tried to push on the Alliance: splintering as the individual races deem it no longer in their best interest to stay.

Anduin is an optimist. Tempered from the total idiot he was in MOP, but he's an intelligent, empathetic diplomat, and the Alliance are willing to follow his lead despite his age. Sylvanas may be able to outsmart him, but she's also now out her best tactician due to her foolishness.

She thinks she can just pressure the Horde to abandon their values like she did and fall in line, but that pressure will only cause the Horde to consider abandoning her.
    Also this. You can only bend society so far until it start breaking.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Kind of hard to tell after recent actions I would say Sylvanas has Intelligence but low Wisdom and Anduin is vica versa. Sylvanas makes plans that "should" work but can't understand actual responses and make changes on the fly or plan for an actual endgame. Anduin seems to see the outcome but can't really cross the lines to get to that. Neither seem overly competent but the Warcraft story doesn't really have much room for competent people.

Explains it much better, really.

Anduin. Literally could end the war at any moment but prefers to let the Horde recover.