Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Boy you're optimistic. 2-3 years....ok. Really hope you don't end up in a feeder guild or worse a leader of a feeder guild. Nostalgia can be cruel. Wait you rolled a pally and want to dps in classic LOL heal and be a buff battery.
    Yea, as an old school fanboy, I seriously don't understand how people think classic is going to be some massive success. Primarily because I'm willing to bet an overwhelming majority of those are the same who will be quick to point out content droughts and how there's nothing new to do on live.

However, your second sentence really makes no sense as the people who are clamoring for classic already know the classes and specs you play for what.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Breaking News a FAN can be HAPPY or UNHAPPY with the thing he is devoted or supportive.
    Breaking news, shitting on everyone who likes the game (or even aspects of the game) doesn't make you right or them wrong. Its just makes you a dickbag.

Edit for clarification: because im sure you'll choose to take it personally, "you" was being used in a general sense, not as in you personally. But whatever.
    Last edited by Mardux; 2019-04-03 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think people hope to experience something that doesn't exist out of their love for the game.

Nothing will ever match your first time trying WoW. I know friends of mine who tried wow for the first time last year and they have a different kind of mentality. They wonder why the game receive so much hate. The reason for that is because we've seen it all. We have experienced everything an MMO can offer (except housing, i want that so bad).
    I will agree that after ~10 years if playing the novelty has fallen off (would be pretty absurd otherwise). But I believe that is not the only culprit. Your friends that just started got to see not only BfA, but all expansions before it, as if they were new (or at least different) content. They didn't live through Cats, WoD and now BfA as others have. They may go try Dragon Soul but they won't be stuck in it for 8+ months. Also, the last time I saw such a negative public reaction was during WoD, and I am not going to believe that EVERYONE just now realized they are tired with the game and leaving in flocks.
    I think the problem lies in the fact that people are tired, not of the game, but of its failures. As far as I can see, the average person has had 3 major letdowns if he's been playing consistently; Cata, WoD and now BfA. Maybe people just called it a day because they don't feel like dealing with subpar expansions anymore. As an example, I think WoD is utter garbage, while I merely dislike BfA. Yet, while I didn't quit WoD, I did quit BfA, even though the former is 10x worse in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You are the very example of what Raelbo said.

We understand, you want to push your Classic agenda, you love Classic - we can see it in your sig, brilliant - you are getting it. Can you chill with forcing your "Vanilla is best" crap in every last thread? This is simply some sort of obsession at this point.
    Sorry bud... the name of this thread is: " Awful lot of people who are, ahem, "dissatisfied" with WoW nowadays..." Since i fall into that category, I participated in the thread.

There is no agenda. Classic is coming. I think modern WoW is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Personally it seems very odd to me that people would spend 13 years on a game that they once enjoyed hoping it will improve. Surely it makes far more sense that people would be playing the game because, by and large, they actually still like the game?
    WoD saw a spike of returning players... a total of 10 million players... only to lose HALF of them in the first few months. Even Pandaria managed to mantain at least 7 mill throughout the expansion. It spiked again for Legion... and not so much for BfA.

Why? Because people LOVE to play modern WoW? Or because they hope it will return to the type of WoW they love? Or perhaps the content is just very weak and bad and cannot keep players logged in for very long. (Certainly not like it used to)

Common sense tells us that WoW is a beloved franchise. But it's the game itself that is turning into a game the majority of players do not want to play much if at all. To assume that everyone who stays "loves" it.. is disingenuous. The official forums are filled with unhappy customers who are still paying for a sub because they hope to get that spark back that older WoW provided

They've pretty much destroyed this game years ago, but now its just a train wreck. I do believe a number of people still play merely for nostalgia reasons, trying to hang onto past memories. I did this for a while until I couldn't ignore the blatant murdering of the core game anymore. Fond memories are a difficult thing to let go of.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    well, there a thread/poll about which expansion had the best class balance and mop is winning that poll... soo yea, that's the community you're dealing with, what else do you expect

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    You'd think. A number of people who came on board during BC, wrath, etc never got to experience the classic Class design. Of "you got a healing spell, so you heal"
    I wouldn't really classify someone who started after classic, wanting classic, as the target demo as in those who I implied in my post. An epic ton of players who try classic and started after classic are going to quick in the first ~3 weeks for various different reasons and yes, one of them being just this. :P

What i really wonder is why people do not leave if they are dissatisfied with the game.

There are a ton of other games around.

Everyone on here is allowed to either be satisfied or dissatisfied the with product Blizzard has provided us. Some people might just post things here to troll who don't care about the game, but most people provide criticism for love of the game they have played for so long. I wish BFA was something I enjoyed playing in the very slightest, but the state of the game is what it is.

If negative feedback was not posted or provided to Blizzard, then the game would just slowly wither away. Every company literally does this everyday by seeing how their decisions affect their customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    People will disagree about things. There's nothing wrong with that. I could personally do with less hostility and more of the "let's have a friendly argument about this" attitude. Disagreement is fine as long as it's passably civil.

One other thing: a lot of people instead of making points, valid or otherwise, about specifics of the game turn to veiled or not-so-veiled insults to the people that have different opinions. We would all be better off if we spent more time talking game and less about what we think of each other.

If I like something, I'll say so. Others should too. Same with stuff that I dislike. You can do all of that without getting overly dramatic or emotional. My two cents.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

There's a lot to be dissatisfied with.

They've failed on nearly every front they could have. I'm not sure what aspect of the playerbase they were aiming at when they thought up this terrible expansion, but it seems to have missed everyone.

If ActiBlizz actually tried making a game for the players and not for Bobby Kotick and his band of shareholders then people wouldn't be annoyed at the state of the game.

Simple as that really.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    What i really wonder is why people do not leave if they are dissatisfied with the game.

It was my biggest and favorite hobby. It was a great way to spend time with people online. You know, before everyone quit because of the litany of reasons people hate this expansion.

Instead of just ditching the game like any other fast food title, I'd rather see it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post

Ex-bf/gf syndrome. They cant help it.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Instead of just ditching the game like any other fast food title, I'd rather see it fixed.
    But you have no influence on if it "gets fixed" (ie, changed the way you like it). It is a game made for millions of different players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Ex-bf/gf syndrome. They cant help it.
    This gf/bf will not return, no matter how much you cry. I think people want their first love back, while they forget they already loved a lot, and their experience from the first time will never return. No matter how much that gf/bf changes.

Listening to the criers and haters is like putting water into a bottomless well. It will never fill.

WoW hasnt went f2p yet so it cant be doing too bad xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    People can both love the game and be varying levels of dissatisfied with its current state.

The two are NOT mutually exclusive.
    I 100% agree with this!

I will always love WoW, even if I'm not enjoying it at the moment.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    because the game developed into a useless feature, wait for classic and get the fuck out of this world of whatever retail

- - - Updated - - -

WoW hasnt went f2p yet so it cant be doing too bad xD
    One thing i can say is, that WoW will never go f2p.
    fucking never. not when there are so many morons that pay the fee no matter the gameplay quality.
    WoW is like a parasyt. It will never ever kill its host.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same philosophies that made WoD bad were present in Legion, and BfA.
    Hated WoD. Didn't care for Legion. Can't stand BfA.

Why should I be satisfied with WoW when it's clear they're doubling down on failure?

inb4 "Just quit then!!"
    I pretty much have at this point, I check in every now and then for news, but that's largely it at this point. For what it's worth, that's probably not the smartest thing to say these days, considering those smart, in-touch devs managed to lose over half of their subscribers in under a year during WoD.