Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    It's like the people who dislike McDonald's.

Do you just - not go back to McDonald's?

Or do you drive to McDonald's, sit outside the restaurant with a megaphone, and yell and scream about how you don't like it and why other people are dipshits for going there?

If you do the second one, you're a complete fucking moron, yet that's what people think MMO-Champ is for.
    That made zero sense. It's a forum full of carebears like you, who think other people have no right to complain. We have come full circle, complaining about people complaining about an old video game. To some of these people, WoW IS their life. SAD BUT TRUE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The same philosophies that made WoD bad were present in Legion, and BfA.
    Hated WoD. Didn't care for Legion. Can't stand BfA.

Why should I be satisfied with WoW when it's clear they're doubling down on failure?

inb4 "Just quit then!!"
    I pretty much have at this point, I check in every now and then for news, but that's largely it at this point. For what it's worth, that's probably not the smartest thing to say these days, considering those smart, in-touch devs managed to lose over half of their subscribers in under a year during WoD.
    Blizzard does not care anymore. How do you get nerds to realize that? They won't go down without a fight before admitting the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Blizzard does not care anymore. How do you get nerds to realize that? They won't go down without a fight before admitting the situation.
    Honestly, it should be blatantly obvious by now. I'm really not sure there's much that can be said to show people that they don't care.

There are two camps. Some people legitimately enjoy the game, engage with endgame content but have a realistic and considered view on the issues that could be addressed. That's constructive, and what a community who care about the direction of the game should really be doing.

Some people, not so much. There are people who practically do nothing but heroics and world quests yet complain about the lack of content, as well as people who claim to play the game yet seem to hate absolutely everything. Even though I disagree completely, I can kind of understand the former given that it's clearly possible to just suck at the game and feel left out, but I can't even begin to get my head around why a person would split all of their free time evenly between doing a thing they hate, and complaining about how much they hate it (shit jobs excluded).

I think a lot of posters on MMOC have a bit of a penchant for the melodramatic, but there are definitely reasonable ways of having the conversation. I enjoy mythic raiding, and the encounters have been pretty good this expansion - this tier especially. Yes, there are problems outside of that, and some of them even impact on it, but ultimately I still enjoy the game a lot; if that stopped being the case, I would stop. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone manages to make things any more complicated than that for themselves.

You don't need to scare quote dissatisfied. I'm quite unhappy with WoW. So much so I walked away. I keep hoping to drop by MMO-C and see some news that things are changing direction towards something that I'd once again enjoy. So far it's a nope though.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Don't let anyone take that from you. But to me it's become a steaming plate of hot garbage. I'm generally forgiving of a lot of flaws in the game and willing to make my own fun with it, but if it's not fun to play I'm not going to put on a smile and pretend I'm having a good time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    How does a thread complaining about complaing help?
    How does complaining on a thread complaining about complaining help? xD

But On topic, I agree, it's not always a very friendly atmosphere, but I guess people are very passionate about the game and in their passion, they express themselves a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    How does complaining on a thread complaining about complaining help? xD

But On topic, I agree, it's not always a very friendly atmosphere, but I guess people are very passionate about the game and in their passion, they express themselves a bit too much.
    Complaining is a form of debate. Most people on this forum are not mature enough to debate without getting their feelings hurt so...........oh look another "Infartshun".

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Isn't this the core problem?
    When I joined MMOC most people came here to discuss their classes (actual reason I started coming here was the decline/death of EJ) or to discuss various aspects of in-game content. Nowdays people just read discord guides or icy-veins instead, and the ones who come here do so to talk politics, troll or complain. It's a pretty skewed population and imo a very sad development.
    I see your point of view and yep when EJ died a lot of class discussion fired up and moved on to MMO champion, prior to Legion and the surge in popularity of Discord channels this was probably the place to be to discuss such stuff. But that aspect of MMO champion is also almost dead now, most discussion here is regarding peoples frustration with the game or how they feel the game should change in the future, discord channels cater to a lot more current neutral gameplay based discussion and most people who are enjoying the game have less reason to discuss and more reason to just play it.

I'm not really in any boat, I'm not playing WoW at all and am completely OK with that, I'm not in a rush for WoW to suddenly cater to my needs/desires. I maintain an interest in the game only at a distance because I can afford to wait a year or 2 before I play again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    People can both love the game and be varying levels of dissatisfied with its current state.

The two are NOT mutually exclusive.
    This. if anything complaining about a game will help.... if it's constructive.

The funny thing is when people post threads about "WoW sucks now" the Blizzard white knights march in and do that exact same thing you're complaining about in this thread. The issue isn't mutually exclusive to one side.

My personal opinion though, WoW is in a bad state. The story is beyond garbage and the gameplay is a snore fest at the moment. Only department kicking goals is the art team.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    The funny thing is when people post threads about "WoW sucks now" the Blizzard white knights march in and do that exact same thing you're complaining about in this thread. The issue isn't mutually exclusive to one side.

My personal opinion though, WoW is in a bad state. The story is beyond garbage and the gameplay is a snore fest at the moment. Only department kicking goals is the art team.
    Amen. Good place to stop.

the only people i could see that objectively think bfa is good are people that started with bfa and have never experienced any other expansion (except warlords of draenor)

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    I've been here for longer than a decade (can't log into my old account for some reason, though its not banned), and all I can say is the only REAL change in the posters is an influx in alt-right, neck-beardy, incel types.

10+ Year Old Account
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    "awful lot of people" and "wow fan site" shouldn't be used in one sentence unless it's "there is not awful lot of people on a wow fan site and they aren't representatives of players mood in general"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I got EBOLA after reading this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Exactly! It’s called “addiction”.
    You may enjoy farming old content for TMog gear and/or pets and not enjoy being ganked while loading out of a raid. Or you not enjoying certain part of the game but still playing it, somehow, makes you addicted?
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I've been here for longer than a decade (can't log into my old account for some reason, though its not banned), and all I can say is the only REAL change in the posters is an influx in alt-right, neck-beardy, incel types.
    I gotta rectify my words. There's an increase in libtards here that will lick Blizzard's abyssal and cavernous anus for everything blizzard will throw at them. Also as I'm aware blizz said they'll read this posts to get feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    This site and its fanbase has always been like this.
    Remember when people have been calling quits with that chopper passenger throw-out-of-dalaran-sewage-pipe thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    People can both love the game and be varying levels of dissatisfied with its current state.

The two are NOT mutually exclusive.
    What world do you live in? We got rid of "nuance" and "grey areas" back in 2016. World's black and white now, in case you didn't know.

I think people are addicted to complaining.

At this point a large group of babies that can't fathom that their opinion is not a fact and that people can have the same data as they did, but reach a different conclusion. And that this is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I think people are addicted to complaining.

At this point a large group of babies that can't fathom that their opinion is not a fact and that people can have the same data as they did, but reach a different conclusion. And that this is okay.
    You're still complaining. And I already said this.