http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2213233

Rolling with a tweaked version of this build. I have a few jewels I swap around to give me more damage while soloing or more ES/survivability but that's about it so far.

My build takes more ES and drops some of the minion nodes, plus as I said I've tweaked some of the abilities a bit and have 2 socket rings. Wish I could figure out how to link individual character pages (can you even do that?).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2213233

Rolling with a tweaked version of this build. I have a few jewels I swap around to give me more damage while soloing or more ES/survivability but that's about it so far.

My build takes more ES and drops some of the minion nodes, plus as I said I've tweaked some of the abilities a bit and have 2 socket rings. Wish I could figure out how to link individual character pages (can you even do that?).
    Idk about individual characters but you can to the whole character list https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...oul/characters unless that's a privacy concern for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Idk about individual characters but you can to the whole character list https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...oul/characters unless that's a privacy concern for you.
    Ah, didn't know that worked like that. I thought those were private links.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...rO0/characters

Most are old characters I haven't touched so ignore their jank, the only two I really play nowadays are TinyHippos (aurabot) and TineyHippo (MS jug). Yes, i'm extremely creative when it comes to my characters names, I know : P

That ES leech gem in the armor is freakin amazing. I lose a bit of damage compared to a minion damage gem but holy hell does it improve my sustain in a major way. Only problem is taking damage during immunity phases where it's useless.

Ah, didn't know that worked like that. I thought those were private links.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...rO0/characters

Most are old characters I haven't touched so ignore their jank, the only two I really play nowadays are TinyHippos (aurabot) and TineyHippo (MS jug). Yes, i'm extremely creative when it comes to my characters names, I know : P

That ES leech gem in the armor is freakin amazing. I lose a bit of damage compared to a minion damage gem but holy hell does it improve my sustain in a major way. Only problem is taking damage during immunity phases where it's useless.
    Man I don't even want to know what a 5r-1b 6 link shav's would cost on standard O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Man I don't even want to know what a 5r-1b 6 link shav's would cost on standard O.o
    I don't either, I didn't get it : P

Gave my brother an old legacy Queen of the Forest (apparently I have some super valuable shit that I don't know about, ever once in a while my brother freaks out and goes "WHEN DID YOU GET THIS?!" and my response is always, "I dunno, is it worth something?") for his character since it had better stats than his legacy one, so he used some of the currency he made from trading his QotF and managed to nab that as-is. Technically the build called for 2b/4r but this actually works out super well IMO.

My brother is far, far richer and more knowledgable about the game than I am and he basically carries me. A good chunk of the gear I'm using is shit he already had sitting in his stash, which made turning this character into an aurabot (I think this was formerly my totem character) pretty easy with the skillpoint reset I had.

I don't either, I didn't get it : P

Gave my brother an old legacy Queen of the Forest (apparently I have some super valuable shit that I don't know about, ever once in a while my brother freaks out and goes "WHEN DID YOU GET THIS?!" and my response is always, "I dunno, is it worth something?") for his character since it had better stats than his legacy one, so he used some of the currency he made from trading his QotF and managed to nab that as-is. Technically the build called for 2b/4r but this actually works out super well IMO.

My brother is far, far richer and more knowledgable about the game than I am and he basically carries me. A good chunk of the gear I'm using is shit he already had sitting in his stash, which made turning this character into an aurabot (I think this was formerly my totem character) pretty easy with the skillpoint reset I had.
    Legacy gear can be pretty pricey ya, it's not even always about the stats being super good, it's people collecting rolls or stats you can't get on that anymore. Though it does make it hard for the average person to play Standard unless you do something crazy like mule League exclusive stuff over to standard via HC character deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Do we have any Witch builders here?

I have a 67 Witch who is an Ele Necromancer. I can drop minion and totems within seconds, but now it is getting to the point where in Nexus and Incursions, I get uber zerged and my minions n totems cannot down them fast enpugh. I am trying to try a Evasion/ES build but not sure if I should be doing Life/ES.

I love my Witch out in the world as she just melts everything but in incursions and nexus all mobs have shields and HP that is hard to melt

Another thing, I am using Auras now and they are really lowering my Mana pool.

I am using Haste and Herald of Thunder and that reserves 639 of my 819 mana pool. I am now trying to hit every intelligence and mana node I can. But am afraid that it will gimp me in other areas
    What Minions do you use?
    Whats your gear and skill tree looking like?

Also, it doesn't matter how much mana you got. Heralds and Auras both reserve % of your mana. Doesn't matter if you have 1000 mana or 5000, it will always reserve the same amount. The only exception (I think) is Clarity, which isn't percentage based in its reserve mechanic. More can be read about this here. Basically all mana reservaton mechanics (Banners, Heralds, Aspects, Auras) reserve 10 - 50% of your mana. Banners reserve 10%, Heralds and Aspects 25% and almost all Auras reserve 35 or 50%. The main exception here is Clarity. The only thing a higher mana pool will do for you is giving you more flat mana that you can spend on your abilities. If you want to lower said percentages, you'd have to skill passives in the tree or get certain gear that lower mana reservation.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2019-04-03 at 07:11 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Do we have any Witch builders here?

I have a 67 Witch who is an Ele Necromancer. I can drop minion and totems within seconds, but now it is getting to the point where in Nexus and Incursions, I get uber zerged and my minions n totems cannot down them fast enpugh. I am trying to try a Evasion/ES build but not sure if I should be doing Life/ES.

I love my Witch out in the world as she just melts everything but in incursions and nexus all mobs have shields and HP that is hard to melt

Another thing, I am using Auras now and they are really lowering my Mana pool.

I am using Haste and Herald of Thunder and that reserves 639 of my 819 mana pool. I am now trying to hit every intelligence and mana node I can. But am afraid that it will gimp me in other areas
    Intelligence is only good if ur going ES. Also, are you an elementalist or necromancer? Some of the most viable builds keep their damage simple. Having something that relies equally on minions and your direct damage is going to spread your tree very thin. I'd personally just pick one, minions or hard casting spells. If you pick minions, you can drop the herald.

Running multiple auras is a challenge that requires specific gear and skill points to reduce reservations.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Intelligence is only good if ur going ES. Also, are you an elementalist or necromancer? Some of the most viable builds keep their damage simple. Having something that relies equally on minions and your direct damage is going to spread your tree very thin. I'd personally just pick one, minions or hard casting spells.
    Don't forget there's the Spiritual Aid passive added a couple patches ago, which makes all Minion Damage modifiers also apply to your damage, so you can probably mix and match pretty well now just by focusing on minion damage nodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d forgotten just how much I loved Herald of Ash. Got that on my Double Striker, and now his previous weakness, large trash packs, melt in seconds. Noice!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Don't forget there's the Spiritual Aid passive added a couple patches ago, which makes all Minion Damage modifiers also apply to your damage, so you can probably mix and match pretty well now just by focusing on minion damage nodes.
    Just that pure minion builds rarely take spiritual aid. One of its better uses is Elementalist with double golems for even more damage. It also made the pathing for something like an Arc witch easier. Pure damage nodes will always be better for any non-minion build simply because those are easier to reach instead of going all the way to spiritual aid and picking up a lot of passives that wont do shit for your build.

There are enough key passives that you possibly want, Necromantic Aegis and Minion Instability for example, so going for another thats even farther away is just a lot of points wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I’d forgotten just how much I loved Herald of Ash. Got that on my Double Striker, and now his previous weakness, large trash packs, melt in seconds. Noice!
    Depending on what you are playing, I would have gone with Duelist Gladiator for Bleedsplosions. Played that last season as a second character and it was fun.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Depending on what you are playing, I would have gone with Duelist Gladiator for Bleedsplosions. Played that last season as a second character and it was fun.
    That’s my end goal. But right now I’ve not even unlocked the FIRST lab, let alone the forth... so I’m nowhere near unlocking Bleedsplosions. So, for now, I’m using HoAsh, to bolster my AoE.

The question becomes... spell block, or bleedsplosion, which to go for first?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That’s my end goal. But right now I’ve not even unlocked the FIRST lab, let alone the forth... so I’m nowhere near unlocking Bleedsplosions. So, for now, I’m using HoAsh, to bolster my AoE.

The question becomes... spell block, or bleedsplosion, which to go for first?
    I personally went with Bleedsplosions, Outmatch and Outlast and then Painforged. If you want to play a more defensive variant its fine to leave Outmatch and Outlast out of it and go with spell block.

*tips m'fedora*

You can also go champion and take Haemophilia gloves, i played that in delve and it's helluva nice starter, tanky AF. Perma-fortify and cannot evade on worthy foe keystone makes for easy gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    I personally went with Bleedsplosions, Outmatch and Outlast and then Painforged. If you want to play a more defensive variant its fine to leave Outmatch and Outlast out of it and go with spell block.
    I’m thinking I’ll go Bleeds > Versatile Combatant. O&O is better for dual wield, I’m going sword and board so versatile combatant is probably a better choice. So much block!

I downloaded this on my PS4 and was about to play it until i read there's no matchmaking system like diablo. Why is this? Complete dealbreaker for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I downloaded this on my PS4 and was about to play it until i read there's no matchmaking system like diablo. Why is this? Complete dealbreaker for me
    The game doesnt work like that.

Each hub is a lobby. There is a game board in the lobby, where everyone is standing around, you click on it and join games from there, or you set one up there. Kind like like back in the D2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    That passive is ridiculously strong to the point that even non minion builds are using it. Still, if you are focusing on minions that is where majority of your damage is. I did a dominate guardian build and while my dominating blow hits for something, I still didn't pick up melee or axe nodes because of the limited skill points.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That passive is ridiculously strong to the point that even non minion builds are using it. Still, if you are focusing on minions that is where majority of your damage is. I did a dominate guardian build and while my dominating blow hits for something, I still didn't pick up melee or axe nodes because of the limited skill points.
    It's very cheap to add +minion damage modifiers to a wide range of gear and it's just straight damage, so it works with any build.
    BAD WOLF

Spiritual Command is boss AF as well since it gives you increases to minion attack speed. Sucks when there's a debuff on minions since that impacts you as well, but I've been having fun using Flesh Offering with my minions and watching my attack speed go way up.