Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've been veggie burgers for decades. Why now? Is all I can think.
    Because the fake meat stuff is coming in
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    Since this is in the wrong forum, might as well share my thoughts.

My Disc Priest is not a Vegetarian.

Thank you.
    Mine's undead.... so I guess that makes him a cannibal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've been veggie burgers for decades. Why now? Is all I can think.
    Because, vegetarian and veganism are making a financial impact.

Hellman's tried the same shit with mayo in the states, because there is a vegan mayo called Just Mayo, and people love it more than regular mayonnaise.

This is thing in the EU is 100% backed by beef producers, guaranteed.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    On that principle should chicken burgers or salmon burgers also be renamed to discs? Should the term burger be limited only to beef?
    Chicken patty, salmon filet.. pretty simple

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Mine's undead.... so I guess that makes him a cannibal?
    Exactly - mine too, this law is clearly trying to root out all Undead Discipline Priests and I will not stand by and let this go unnoticed. Just another way of Blizzard trying to dumb down the game - this is why BfA sucks.

What's next? Horde will have Paladins? This is just ridiculous and needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I hope that also applies to analog "cheese". Fuck that cheap garbage.
    There is a similar regulation about dairy names. It is already in effect (as mentioned in the opening post).

If I understand this right it might be the dumbest thing ever.

Honestly this is a good thing. On par with banning 'almond milk' and things like that. Just call it a veggie patty.

On that principle should chicken burgers or salmon burgers also be renamed to discs? Should the term burger be limited only to beef?
    No. The name burger comes from ground meat, this includes chicken and salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Honestly this is a good thing. On par with banning 'almond milk' and things like that. Just call it a veggie patty.
    I can get on board with Almond "milk" because milk is pretty cut and dry. Burger, however, doesn't refer directly to it being meat. MW Dictionary even points out "tofu burger", it's more then just a shortened version of the word "hamburger"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No. The name burger comes from ground meat, this includes chicken and salmon.
    Not really, "hamburger" refers spefically to ground beef, and burger doesn't even specifically refer to meat. A burger is a "hamburger like sandwich" and even refers to tofu burger.

I can get on board with Almond "milk" because milk is pretty cut and dry. Burger, however, doesn't refer directly to it being meat. MW Dictionary even points out "tofu burger", it's more then just a shortened version of the word "hamburger"

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, "hamburger" refers spefically to ground beef, and burger doesn't even specifically refer to meat. A burger is a "hamburger like sandwich" and even refers to tofu burger.
    Tofu burger was added to the definition recently due to popular demand, as we can see here. And hamburger is any ground meat, not just beef. Beef is just the most common.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Tofu burger was added to the definition recently due to popular demand, as we can see here. And hamburger is any ground meat, not just beef. Beef is just the most common.
    Try again:

Definition of hamburger

1a : ground beef
    b : a patty of ground beef
    2 : a sandwich consisting of a patty of hamburger in a split typically round bun
    And every different dictionary refers to "burger" is a hamburger like sandwich. MW refers to tofu burger, oxford refers to nut burger, and dictionary.com refers to veggie burger.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-04-04 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah...
    also i rather not have something advertised as a burger if its not...
    disc is silly though, why not pattie?
    In the UK atleast Pattie isn't really used

What lie? Can people not read the veggie part? Do people not know what veggie means?
    As someone experienced with working with customers, no. Its not clear, no matter what you think. Veggie burger? "is that some type of burger with lots of veggies?".

It doesn't matter how clear it is. If any part of the name could be mistaken for something else, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    As someone experienced with working with customers, no. Its not clear, no matter what you think. Veggie burger? "is that some type of burger with lots of veggies?".

It doesn't matter how clear it is. If any part of the name could be mistaken for something else, it will.
    And then you explain it to them 4 times and they still don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/food/201...d-vegan-steaks

It seems that the EU sees European consumers as idiots that need to be protected from accidentally purchasing a veggie burger instead of a regular burger.
    Bought some Italian sausage the other day, went home and they look weird, read the label and said "Italian sausage" had the sign veggie in one corner (small sign) and said 100% tofu on small letters at the bottom. Don't tell me that's not misleading. And I did try the and they were horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

Someone at my house threw up because I made them one of my famous soy burgers. It's a burger flavored with soy sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    Bought some Italian sausage the other day, went home and they look weird, read the label and said "Italian sausage" had the sign veggie in one corner (small sign) and said 100% tofu on small letters at the bottom. Don't tell me that's not misleading. And I did try the and they were horrible
    That's just bad though, that kind of shit is something that DEFINITELY needs to be shut down.

Try again:

And every different dictionary refers to "burger" is a hamburger like sandwich. MW refers to tofu burger, oxford refers to nut burger, and dictionary.com refers to veggie burger.
    It is worth mentioning that using the word hamburger to refer to the ground beef itself is very much an American English thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    It is worth mentioning that using the word hamburger to refer to the ground beef itself is very much an American English thing.
    Tell that to the UK based Oxford English Dictionary.