Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anyone else remember about that Azerite stuff and how our planet is dying? Me neither.

On another note, if its anything shy of her surviving, I will be ticked. Her forces have been attacking for a long time on every front. They are aggressive and huge in numbers. She deserves more then "a big content patch" in my books. Especially since shes in league with old gods and is just as big, if not bigger, then death wing who got his own patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Kil'jaeden had already been one final expac boss before, having him be another would be kind of lame even if he "deserves" it. Plus, how many Burning Legion expacs can they actually make?

Azshara's the leader of the naga, so she makes sense as the final boss of a naga-based expac.
    I'm not saying that Azshara and Kil'jaeden should have had their own expansions, but they should have played a larger role. Kil'jaeden in The Burning Crusade was an unseen threat as most of the expansion was focused on Illidan as the main antagonist. In Legion, both Kil'jaeden and Archimonde should have been the final bosses, instead of a random asspull villain, Argus the Unmaker. Instead, Blizzard brilliantly decided to waste Archimonde at the end of 6.2 in a most humiliating way, and proceeded to show some promise with Kil'jaeden's character, but dropped the ball completely in the end.

Yes it should be the same with Azshara. If she dies in 8.2, I will be very disappointed, because she deserves to play a much larger role in the storyline, her presence shouldn't be reduced to a mere patch after all the build-up she's had.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

The twist will be that the Old God's have literally nothing to do with the war. Both N'zoth and Azshara will be shocked at how dumb the mortals of Azeroth are

AZ-shara is actually..... AZ-eroth!!!!!!

And she would have gotten away with it too, if not for those meddling kids!

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned that she might betray N'zoth for her own greed, and that might be the twist.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Anyone else remember about that Azerite stuff and how our planet is dying? Me neither.

On another note, if its anything shy of her surviving, I will be ticked. Her forces have been attacking for a long time on every front. They are aggressive and huge in numbers. She deserves more then "a big content patch" in my books. Especially since shes in league with old gods and is just as big, if not bigger, then death wing who got his own patch.
    Doesn't sound familiar. :thinking: Isn't this expansion only about the faction conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Alliance SUDDENLY and TOTALLY UNEXPECTEDLY suffering ahuge loss from Naga, invalidating the Dazar'Alor victory (if that can be called a victory)...
    Does the Alliance even have anyone that would be considered a huge loss at this point?

They're certainly not going to kill Jaina, Alleria, Tyrande or Anduin because Blizzard is so proud of how they organically made those strong women important figures. Mekkatorque is currently in the freezer but it's obvious he's going to be turned into a robot in Mechagon. Gallywix even jokes about it during the Horde War Campaign. Velen has been out of the picture this whole expansion.

That leaves Turalyon and Genn, and would either of those dying even have any impact at this point? Turalyon has been demoted to Warfront boss and Genn's character has been so docile in BFA that he lost any interesting trait he used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    I'm surprised no one here has mentioned that she might betray N'zoth for her own greed, and that might be the twist.
    Because that wouldn't be a twist at all, it's literally the most Azshara thing she could do. However I guess for Blizzard that would be a twist if they actually stuck with the personalities of their characters.
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2019-04-04 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Does the Alliance even have anyone that would be considered a huge loss at this point?

They're certainly not going to kill Jaina, Alleria, Tyrande or Anduin because Blizzard is so proud of how they organically made those strong women important figures. Mekkatorque is currently in the freezer but it's obvious he's going to be turned into a robot in Mechagon. Gallywix even jokes about it during the Horde War Campaign. Velen has been out of the picture this whole expansion.

That leaves Turalyon and Genn, and would either of those dying even have any impact at this point? Turalyon has been demoted to Warfront boss and Genn's character has been so docile in BFA that he lost any interesting trait he used to have.

Because that wouldn't be a twist at all, it's literally the most Azshara thing she could do. However I guess for Blizzard that would be a twist if they actually stuck with the personalities of their characters.
    Point is - Dazar'Alor supposed to be that big "victory" that "fist bump" point of the Alliance. We lost eintire ARMY as suicide attack for distraction. And now it will be devaluated by a random naga shenanigans.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara plot twist is that she’ll betray the old god the moment anew sugar daddy shows up

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Posting my crackpot theory again.

'Sylvanas' has been Azshara in disguise since we lost track of her during Stormheim and everything she is doing now is to weaken both the Horde and the Alliance.

I don't for a second believe that but it would be a massive, mind blowing twist.
    Your theory might not be as crackpot as you think, considering Sylvanas' apparent interest in the N'zoth's Knife Wife.

The most reassuring thing about this interview is that the faction war isn't over yet. We've still got a patch or two to go before we're enlightened by the God-King.

As for the twist, there is no twist. Sylvanas will use the knaifu to team up with Azshara because she's eviiiiiil. Alternatively, Ashvane will betray us, leading into the above.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-04-04 at 06:35 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I would laugh really hard if Sylvanas after Stormheim was Azshara all the time

But I'm just expecting a #MorallyGrey version 2.0 scene

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I would laugh really hard if Sylvanas after Stormheim was Azshara all the time

But I'm just expecting a #MorallyGrey version 2.0 scene
    Nah it's crackpot as I said. The Val'kyr would smell her out instantly.

Unless Azshara's pact with Helya was to disguise that little fact!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    This is a stupid storyline, and nothing Azshara does can truly redeem it. This expansion should have just been about Azshara and the Old Gods from the beginning. What a mess of an expansion, I can't wait for 9.0. Nothing could ever be worse than this ridiculous faction war, and I hate how Blizzard wants to stain Azshara by having her participate in that garbage faction war plot. Azshara deserves her own separate narrative.
    they could EASILY give us something as epic as WoTLK with Azshara and still have faction war and pvp like we had in WoTLK. just thinking about how wasted one of the biggest characters of the wow will be makes me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Nah it's crackpot as I said. The Val'kyr would smell her out instantly.

Unless Azshara's pact with Helya was to disguise that little fact!!!!
    Well, we were never told what that deal was about anyway... Or what would Helya win by helping Sylvanas capture Eyir and making the Forsaken eternal.

Doing it just to annoy Odyn would be just too cheesy (but then again, so are so many WoW plotlines...)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The most reassuring thing about this interview is that the faction war isn't over yet. We've still got a patch or two to go before we're enlightened by the God-King.

As for the twist, there is no twist. Sylvanas will use the knaifu to team up with Azshara because she's eviiiiiil. Alternatively, Ashvane will betray us, leading into the above.
    Can you just stop with “God-King”? Anduin plagues Alliance into the pit of hell but even IF war stops he will not likely be anywhere near the Horde. You have your beloved corpse-waifu to adore and love. Or perhaps... some Horde players might use some enlightement. I see more and more disturbing behaviour that starts to cross from “just trolling on forums” to really weird. Acting like animals does no favors to you.

I'm guessing the big surprise will be that Azshara turns on N'zoth to try and usurp him, which isn't all that shocking at all if you know anything about her.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    AZ-shara is actually..... AZ-eroth!!!!!!

And she would have gotten away with it too, if not for those meddling kids!
    And she called the Legion for Protection at the War of the Ancients? I think you are on to something!!! haha

Interesting how many posters who hate Alleria because her "Void transformation was an asspull" are also advocating for Sylvanas to be Azshara in disguise, which would be an even more terrible asspull.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well, we were never told what that deal was about anyway... Or what would Helya win by helping Sylvanas capture Eyir and making the Forsaken eternal.

Doing it just to annoy Odyn would be just too cheesy (but then again, so are so many WoW plotlines...)
    That deal is probably the critical piece of information we need to understand what is going on you know. if there is any hope for a deeper motivation for what Sylvanas is doing to be found, beyond her being evil for the sake of it, it is going to be found there.