Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    There are no plans to add a fourth spec option to existing classes in the near future. Another spec would add a lot more complications to someone learning the game.

Because fuck the people who have already learned the game right?
    There is actually no spec in this game that is complicated either lol.

It's just them not being bothered to actually develop a good game anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If the gnome zone is bigger then the timeless isle and the naga zone will be bigger then that this might be the most world content we have gotten in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Artifact weapons were proof that you could forgo raising the level cap for another kind of progression system, not to mention removing leveling would allow people to focus on what you as the player would rather do for content instead of what levels you the quickest.

Level cap is just an excuse to keep the game time gated to a minor extent.
    Leveling is faster now from 1 to 120 than 1 to 60 in classic. Are you saying they actually care less about time gating now than they did in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Leveling is faster now from 1 to 120 than 1 to 60 in classic. Are you saying they actually care less about time gating now than they did in vanilla?
    No, but there is no reason to have the cap raise every expansion since mobs scale artificially now and can just be made slightly harder in newer content, it is just a time gate in general to have a level cap considered progression.

I was just saying artifact weapons themselves as a concept is better than leveling, they literally had an alternate solution to character progression that was not connected to leveling, but decided that keeping leveling in was a good idea even though it is super arbitrary when you don't get new talents or spells connected to it.

There are no new Allied Races in Patch 8.2. The team will add more where it makes sense, and entirely new races (non allied races) are still better added in expansions rather than content updates.
    Whelp, there ends the constant vulpera/mechagnome/tinkergnome speculation. At least not until 9.0.

I don't know where people got the idea that every patch would have new allied races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If the gnome zone is bigger then the timeless isle and the naga zone will be bigger then that this might be the most world content we have gotten in a patch.
    Maybe. Wasn't Argus the largest patch zone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Maybe. Wasn't Argus the largest patch zone?
    I do Believe it was with the isle of thunder behind that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I do Believe it was with the isle of thunder behind that.
    So isn't that patch with the most world content so far?

Depending on how the content gets staggered, it might remain so. Since Blizz is allergic to putting a raid and a dungeon into a single patch, I can't see them adding a both Mechadon and Nazjatar into a single update.

7+ Year Old Account

Depending on how the content gets staggered, it might remain so. Since Blizz is allergic to putting a raid and a dungeon into a single patch, I can't see them adding a both Mechadon and Nazjatar into a single update.
    Ya I think Argus would be the most world content so far. Even if they did stagger one of the zones it would still be the biggest though Argus wasn’t All Available day one I don’t think either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Agreed. All these new races, best thing to do would bring out new specs. Cause making a 5th Arcane Mage or 8th WW Monk just doesn't seem that interesting

Hope PTR drops asap, the live game is f'ing terrible atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the future the team wants to make the existing specs more distinct from each other, with noticeable strengths and weaknesses.
    I'm still not on board with this philosophy. Specs don't need to be classes in themselves. Let me finish off a target with a quick fire blast as a frost mage, or throw up some dots while on the move as a destro lock. I much preferred when classes had access to 99% of their class abilities and specs just made one section of them stronger, of course with a few big spec specific abilities. Strengths and weaknesses is also hard to actually nail down. I'd argue MoP was the expansion where classes were the most well rounded at everything and I loved it. If we have to choose between good aoe or good ST, then that's a really unfun choice to make because the game is designed around doing both, and I'd rather the distinguishing factor be who did their rotation better than who kept swapping talents. If the weakness of a class/spec is that it's slow and easily locked down, it's hard (for me) to ever have fun playing it.

RIP Glad stance. the hope is gone for your return.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Whelp, there ends the constant vulpera/mechagnome/tinkergnome speculation. At least not until 9.0.

I don't know where people got the idea that every patch would have new allied races.
    I think there were a few things. There is a perception that Allied Races are not new races and therefore are easier to implement ... and since they are easier, they should just add as many as possible.

There is also that "ArtOffLoop" animation that had been datamind that led to a lot of sites basically confirming certain races as the next to be added. This definitely fueled the fire.

Finally, during Blizzcon there was a "What's Next" section and slide dedicated to just mechagnomes. Even now that seems like a weird to present that information unless they would be a playable race. I mean... every patch adds new creatures... but they never get a page dedicated to them like that. bad move by Blizzard.

Ion admits that one of the flaws of BfA's start was the fact that all the new features did not blend together in a cohesive manner. For example, the Order Halls of Legion were directly tied into the story and your Artifact Weapon, whereas this is not the case in the latest expansion.
    Well, it's nice of him to admit that, but i don't recall anyone complaining that the new features didn't "blend" - the complaint is that the new features stank on ice.

The team continues to read and value player feedback. They read almost everything, but also realize that not all players are on social media.
    He's been saying this so long, but he and "the team" don't have enough credibility for anyone to listen.

Players often feel like silence means that the team is not listening. This is not the case. They actively discuss a lot of the topics presented on the forums, but don't want to announce changes until they are certain it is the right direction and considers the wider audiences. A good example of this is the problems of Warforging/Titanforging. The team actively discusses it, but want to find a satisfying solution for all audiences.
    Players want feedback too, Ion. You don't have to announce sweeping revamps only, you can get on social media and at the very, bare minimum acknowledge that you and "the team" are aware of the issue and are discussing it. That goes a long way towards quelling riots and tantrums, and it's astounding to me a person in your position, with your YEARS of experience dealing with your customer base, you don't get that, or refuse to get it, or pretend not to.

And, they want things to HAPPEN, which a lot of the time, doesn't happen. You and "the team" have taught players that the only way to get changes or even just a fucking acknowledgement that there's an issue is to throw temper tantrums. Treat people like children, don't complain when they ACT like children. You have forums. You have social media. You pay slobby slackers with awful poodle hair treatments to "manage" the community. FUCKING USE THEM. And use them for more than slouching in a chair telling players they're wrong.

You keep prattling on and on and on and on about "doing better", and "communication", and "discussion", but...nothing changes. And, you keep making the same fucking boneheaded mistakes, or you dig your heels in and turtle on dumb issues.

More and more, I feel like these puffball interviews and Q&As are just for feeding your ego, so you can slouch in a chair and ramble on and on, navel gazing at great length about the subtle challenges and nuances of game design, while enjoying the smell of your own farts. I don't get any feeling that you have any interest in real, effective and meaningful discussions or communication with your customers.

Blizzard must have found their anti-allergen medicine, then, as both Patch 7.2 and 7.3 had a dungeon and a raid in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Mechagnomes would probably still fall into allied race territory for 8.3. Unfortunately.

That does seem to cut off Vulpera and Sethrak though. Along with my remaining interest in the allied race feature.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Why not just say the real reason for not adding a 4th spec. That it would increase balancing work. It is completely fair to say. There is no need to hide it behind bad excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Or how about making the current specs good, instead of listening to people wanting this dumbass 4th spec. It's the dumbest idea requested by a part of the community.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Each level should feel special? going from 110 -120 felt totally pointless nothing changed.
    leveling itself was okay but hitting 120 was just empty, I loved everything about the legion weapons
    never once got bored of the Grind.

the fact wow is a PC based game is already limiting new player growth, But could this be an admission
    a console version is coming? WOW doesnt seem to be attracting loads of new players.