Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree completely. The amount of possibilities is amazing in what there can be in our own Oceans. Instead of focusing on other planets, we should be spending the time and expenses looking at our own. Some attention to the Moon for strategic reasoning and possible resources. And it is a lot quicker to move stuff from here to there and back, than say Mars.
    Talking about oceans and other planets isn't even the same conversation. Each have different but not necessarily mutually exclusive goals. I agree both are worth pursuing, but they aren't in competition with each other at all, except when it comes to funding, of course.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Talking about oceans and other planets isn't even the same conversation. Each have different but not necessarily mutually exclusive goals. I agree both are worth pursuing, but they aren't in competition with each other at all.
    They seem to be when it comes to competition for the money to be spent. There is so much we do not know about our own world ( esp the oceans ) yet we want to colonize a small desert planet which takes what? 9 months to over a year to reach?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    According to Alexandrea ocasio-cortez the world will end in 12 years. Its clearly a lost cause. We should focus on leaving the planet behind. A generational space ship to get us to another habitable planet.
    Over the past 100 years alone, the world "should" have ended nearly 90 times over (depending on the source(s) you look at). Don't buy into some random guy's steaming pile of horse shit.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Over the past 100 years alone, the world "should" have ended nearly 90 times over (depending on the source(s) you look at). Don't buy into some random guy's steaming pile of horse shit.
    It was a congresswoman steaming a pile of horse shit.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They seem to be when it comes to competition for the money to be spent. There is so much we do not know about our own world ( esp the oceans ) yet we want to colonize a small desert planet which takes what? 9 months to over a year to reach?
    Yeah, I edited my post while you were responding - obviously funding is something they would both share. But even then, the funding would come from different sources for different reasons because their goals are entirely dissimilar. I think they are both worthy - I just think space is the more important goal. We've been working the oceans for centuries now. Sure there's always more to learn, and we should continue to learn, but space is the new frontier, and much more attractive for species survival.

And again, they aren't mutually exclusive.

nah we humans are to busy bickering, arguing and spending money/recources on worthless piece of useless shite. We wont travel anywhere were humans can actually live in a long, long time.

Get some poor sucker to mars? yeah sure. Will he/they die? for sure.

I would love if the nations of the world came together and started a huge space program together, putting recources and money into it. Would be awesome, but will never happen.

Btw, the world aint ending in 12 years. Im starting to believe more and more most of this frenzy is money driven. SOmeone is making big bucks from it.

Sure we can do some changes, but alot of the stuff that people throw out is outright bollocks.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-04-04 at 11:18 PM.

There is no planet in the solar system that is better or near equal too earth for human habitation. We do not have the technology yet for terraforming and would not be worth the cost yet. We will go to space and explore and settle but until we figure out how to get into and travel into space by basically blowing fuel out the ass of something we are stuck here.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a congresswoman steaming a pile of horse shit.
    Okay, don't buy into some random lady's steaming pile of horse shit, then. Simply put, don't buy into this dumb shit.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

LOL the 12 years thing is yet another piece of bullshit peddled by climate alarmists trying to secure as much funding as possible to keep themselves relevant. Yeah AGW is a thing but it's nowhere near as bad as they claim it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    According to Alexandrea ocasio-cortez .

Stopped reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    LOL the 12 years thing is yet another piece of bullshit peddled by climate alarmists trying to secure as much funding as possible to keep themselves relevant. Yeah AGW is a thing but it's nowhere near as bad as they claim it to be.
    Bs or not, we really should focus on green energy anyway. Though it doesn't help their cause when they try bs like this.

I don't think this woman understands anything. We can't focus on leaving the planet. Leave it to where? We have literally Zero knowledge or experience of any type living in space. We can't even create artificial gravity. Its bad enough that its proven that prolonged exposure would weaken our bodies and have adverse effects. Lets not ignore the fact that we have found zero planets that could, 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, support our life. Or the fact that anything remotely big enough for a generational ship would require far more then 12 years to build and would need most of the world to get along and build it together.

This woman is so clueless about everything that its terrifying that she has anything remotely resembling power. I would Love to hear her ideas on how we would leave this planet or where we would head. We have nothing to go on and no means to go on anything. Shes a moron and anyone who voted her into office should feel ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    That's really not feasible considering nobody is really interested in making the scientific pushes to do so. By the time we make any progress, the world will already have gone to shit.

Honestly what we need to do is stop fucking up our planet. Damage is bad but reversible if we get idiots out of offices around the world who don't care or deny climate change. Earth isn't at the point of no return yet and if we stop being so shitty there's still tons of land and resources on this planet for many more people, we just need to stop electing dumbasses who will doom this planet in a matter of decades.

Except that's actually fairly true. The beef market is huge, cows are being fed shitty food and farting a lot and causing methane emissions.

It sounds stupid but that doesn't make it any less scientifically proven to be damaging. It's not the only problem but it's still a big problem.
    Those that know of these things - Climate Catastrophe and Space Exploration - know that one won't really help the other. We're still too far out to realistically colonize Mars before this planet goes to shit. Even if we get a colony on Mars it won't be sustainable without constant supply runs from Earth until at least the 22nd century. And even under the most idealistic scenarios, we couldn't get even a fraction of a small percentage of 1% of the population off Earth and to Mars. The goal of 1MM people on Mars won't realistically happen until 2250.

So we're stuck here. And we're going to see climate catastrophe. Millions will die and hundreds of millions will starve/migrate. But hopefully we'll be able to fix/reverse what we've done and flourish.

agreed and with the technology we have we should be much further on with moving to other planets,sadly governments get in the way,we need more brave forward thinking billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Bs or not, we really should focus on green energy anyway. Though it doesn't help their cause when they try bs like this.

I don't think this woman understands anything. We can't focus on leaving the planet. Leave it to where? We have literally Zero knowledge or experience of any type living in space. We can't even create artificial gravity. Its bad enough that its proven that prolonged exposure would weaken our bodies and have adverse effects. Lets not ignore the fact that we have found zero planets that could, 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, support our life. Or the fact that anything remotely big enough for a generational ship would require far more then 12 years to build and would need most of the world to get along and build it together.

This woman is so clueless about everything that its terrifying that she has anything remotely resembling power. I would Love to hear her ideas on how we would leave this planet or where we would head. We have nothing to go on and no means to go on anything. Shes a moron and anyone who voted her into office should feel ashamed.
    It hurts how ignorant and arrogant she is and is somewhat scary to see her rhetoric turn completely authoritarian on the subject.

I do agree with you though, focusing on creating more overall efficient forms of energy and promoting preservation or rehabilitation of forests, land and waterways is generally a good approach to adopt. All of these can be tackled without having to change our energy mix and more in promoting regulations on land available for industry, waterways preservation and promoting the usage of more recyclable materials.

I tend to disagree with the narrative, however, and the implementation, when the costs are usually shifted to those who cannot afford it when adopting green strategies. While I don't deny AGW, I'm extremely cynical and skeptical of those that push the alarmist narrative. We also cannot deny that we need reliable and efficient baseload energy for human existence and development, so we need a trade-off in our energy mix somewhere. I just wish more governments would be less scared of nuclear energy. It's the most powerful source of energy we readily have available. Until then, the world needs more Elon Musks, or more F1 engineers to find solutions under incredibly restrictive rules
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-04-05 at 01:41 AM.

I hate to break it to you but... we're stuck here. There's no viable alternative to our planet that is even remotely close enough for us to get to.

We are nowere near that tech level though... we can barely survive in places like Antarctica and the Sahara desert, and you think we'll make it on mars?

I heard Alexandrea Ocasio-Cortez is having a Kool-Aid party that ends with everyone that drinks it getting beamed into space by LGBT aliens that will save us. If you want a ticket to this once in a life time event, just donate a few hundred dollars to the Democratic Party.

People like her and the ilk that follow her tend to be the ones that follow the same anti-western society destructive beliefs and processes. There is no leaving the planet with them involved, only the great filter awaits us.
    Maybe China will succeed though.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Lol Any dooms coming to this world will not happen at all... cuz...u know.. fuckheads out there spewing swamp... sooooo Just no..

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    In my opinion humanity is redeemable, we have very slowly over time become slightly less warlike and more benevolent but overall we at current are a species driven by greed, narcissim and destruction. If things are going to get bad during our lifetime (as even conservative models predict) then perhaps it is for the best.
    For the best of whom?