Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm surprised at Guild Wars 2 being in the news here. Is that a paid ad?
    What's so surprising about MMO-champion talking about other MMOs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, either way we are most likely less than a week away now. Potentially only 3 or 4 days away from an info dump.

- - - Updated - - -

I love all of those things. Far far more than a boring 5% upgraded piece of gear.
    most likely could be this very weekend, or even tuesday, or this wensday.

they usually release these just before the weekends, just after, or on wensdays

- - - Updated - - -

While I love reading through the datamining, it might be best if they can get their presentation ahead first. Datamining can and has in the past given us a wrong view of what is coming. E.g. ESO will do a big blog post on design intent this week and then release their PTS the week after, giving people a clean view of what is planned and thus having us depend on datamining less (though considering how ridiculously thorough their patch notes are, it's not even needed). It would be great if Blizzard tried to come ahead of the news for their own game for once.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it almost never does and this looks very selective?
    they usually do when big moments happen in other mmos, about new expansions, new MASSIVE patches, when mmos show up, or shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

They usually have a sidenote on big events in other MMOs, such as Wildstar's shutting down, or a new expansion for FFXIV etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    LMAO @ GW2 fans vs WoW fans
    What a short battle it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

- - - Updated - - -

didnt GW2 just fire a ton of DEVS
    Haven't you heard?
    Blizzard fires customer service staff to hire more developers = "CORPORATE GREED OMFGBBQ"
    Other company fires developers = "Well, it's quality ensurance, still going strong lol!"

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They usually have a sidenote on big events in other MMOs, such as Wildstar's shutting down, or a new expansion for FFXIV etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What a short battle it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't you heard?
    Blizzard fires customer service staff to hire more developers = "CORPORATE GREED OMFGBBQ"
    Other company fires developers = "Well, it's quality ensurance, still going strong lol!"
    There is a difference between

Blizzard firing people after reporting " we made tons of money this year "

And

Arena.net firing people because they close under-dev project due to terrible financial situation

----

Even if Blizzard fired Twitter PR Bots

There is a difference between

Blizzard firing people after reporting " we made tons of money this year "

And

Arena.net firing people because they close under-dev project due to terrible financial situation
    Making tons of money =/= firings aren't necessary to build in other more useful areas of the company. Now, if they'd made tons of money from WoW and then fired developers from that title, there'd be cause for concern.

The poking was at the people placing values into it depending on how they feel about the company and its products.

I mean I don't remember them reporting on Summerset or Elsweyr so it is selective.
    Meh, it's a private website so maybe they post about shit they care about as well rather than everything under the sun?
    Or they won't post news about other titles if there's news about WoW at that time?

I guess.
    Mind you I did not mean that post as some conspiracy idiocy or anything. I'm entirely in favour of MMOChampion getting alternate funds. It is just that their coverage of any non-Blizzard topic is so random and these GW2 news aren't even a big deal.
    That's true, it always comes kinda "out of the blue" rather than when it would make sense.

Arbitrary to say the least, but if it's a sponsored deal then they're not getting a lot of bang for their buck I'd have to say.

Guild wars 2 could have been such an amazing game if they put the focus where it actually mattered. Pve. The full pvp focus in that game and black desert online is what killed those games

Regarding other game news, it's mostly random big news because:

1) If it was more often, people would complain because of the bloating of news posts like they did with GC tweets (tho i was fine with them for a good while, ppl liked to discuss them). MMO-C has this nice niche over Wowhead in the sense that it focuses on the game update information and blue posts. Wowhead does categorize its posts but yeah you might have to scroll through a lot of stuff you dont care about if you're reading like a weeks worth of stuff. MMO-C covers the main bases. Mmoc was just a name Boub picked a long time ago in different times and no sense changing the domain/brand really

2) chaud is mostly a one-man army with running the front page

There's probably some MMO coverage sites out there though, don't know any offhand since a couple of them died. Once you get up to speed with whatever MMO youre playing you can look for the subreddits and discords to stay on top of things. Or just seeing whats been streamed on twitch to check it out. Staying on top of the entire MMO genre must be overwhelming though for a news reporting site.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-05 at 09:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Guild wars 2 could have been such an amazing game if they put the focus where it actually mattered. Pve. The full pvp focus in that game and black desert online is what killed those games
    Since the initial release of the original game they barely added new things to pvp, or at least things that really mattered. It's been what 7? years, in that time maybe there was a period of half a year to one year, when they seriously focused on pvp in early HoT. I'm sure they've experimented with lots of things, such as Stronghold & much earlier on Courtyard, but these were ultimately failures of massive proportions. I'm fairly confident that less than 15% of the development went into pvp over the years & less than half of that was content that was well received.

(I'm primarily a pve player, but I have grown to like conquest in gw2 & I have played it for about 2000 hours over the years. I never liked WvW very much, but the game has forced me to play it for certain tokens, so I've spent like 100-150 hours in there.)

One of the main problems with Anet is that despite having so many employees they really suck at making content (quantity wise), it's like they are only playing DnD in the office for ehm science.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't remember them reporting on Summerset or Elsweyr so it is selective.

they even have subforms for them, that posted when those came out
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I like that GW2 is now apparently the biggest news here

LMAO @ GW2 fans vs WoW fans
    No bloody contest.

The culture shock I got from when I started GW2 was insane. It's a much friendlier community all round.

- - - Updated - - -

While I love reading through the datamining, it might be best if they can get their presentation ahead first. Datamining can and has in the past given us a wrong view of what is coming. E.g. ESO will do a big blog post on design intent this week and then release their PTS the week after, giving people a clean view of what is planned and thus having us depend on datamining less (though considering how ridiculously thorough their patch notes are, it's not even needed). It would be great if Blizzard tried to come ahead of the news for their own game for once.

- - - Updated - - -

Is a damn shame ESO doesn't get more coverage here. I mean this is "MMO Champion" after all.

Seriously cover the other 3 big ones being ESO, FF14 and GW2 because right now with the state WoW is in they are all giving it some needed competition.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-05 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nice to see Guild Wars 2 going strong still.

Probably took a good chunk of the people who left WoW.
    Sure it did Timmy.

Man... the work put into the Roller Coaster just seems like a waste. Rather than it giving out the standard XP gain "WHEE!" buff that the carousel gives they should have given out a rep gain "WOOO!" buff or something to not make it redundant and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pets, transmog, achievements, mini-games, toys... This Darkmoon faire represents everything I hate in modern WoW.
    What did you expect? Raid gear for playing mini games?

Came here for comments about the Lucio statue actually resembling Lucio (especially in light of the Jaina face).

Instead found standard WoW bashing and conspiracy silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like that GW2 is now apparently the biggest news here
    Only it's literally not the biggest news. The new PTR encrypted content, is.

I get that when people don't enjoy WoW they grasp at any form of competitor from which they can soapbox (I was there myself during Cata), but let's this is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Ion: "We really need to get [stuff like azerite traits] out to alpha/beta testers sooner"

Also Ion: "Hey let's encrypt the PTR data"
    Because it would cause [Feedback] even the preview of them, and Ion hate [Feedback]

Talking only about WoW isn't selective?