Poll: Who is the dumbest faction leader?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love Sylvannas more than Anduin, but I can't pretend she is smarter. She Smart but she does some very dumb things, and I don't mean burning a damn Elf Tree
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Neither seems great at foresight. So far I'd say Anduin is doing better. Despite Sylvanas' schemes, in the end this war is about who remains standing at the end.

Sylvanas may have bigger schemes. But Anduin's the one that's largely managed to keep his people together. That is inspiring hundreds of soldiers to voluntarily die in Nazmir just for a distraction for a chance at a small victory. Meanwhile Sylvanas is lucky that Baine's resistance was so poorly organized and didn't draw in any other racial leader, or she would already have full scale rebellion on her hands.

Sylvanas definitely has more plans this war. But that doesn't make them good plans. Having more plans makes her seem like the cunning one. Her words make her seem like the cunning one. But we are only assuming she actually has good future plans. Some large scheme she is aiming for. We have no evidence for that however. We know she just wants to raise Stormwind as undead and that all she has accomplished is losing Undercity, burning Darnassus, and making the Horde hate her. Doesn't sound like a smart scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    The hysterical edgelord Sylvanas or the all-loving brony Anduin?
    Lol'd.

Anduin gets my vote. Dumb as a cucumber. 96% water, 4% brain.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    To my understanding, plague bombs work only to affected area. You can always escape it, hence no need for gasmask.
    UC was completely destroyed, it wasn't only gassed down to oblivion. I mean, buildings started to collapse.

Okay but I don't think intelligence is "I have a perfect plan and perfect plan means EVERYTHING WILL GO AS I PLAN". No, even if you have so called "perfect plan" you need to account for variables and potential threats. That being said, destruction of Undericity (for example) is probably a last resort but still a well played one because enemy does not posses it.
    Gas mask will always beat running away.

Anduin by far.

Sylvanas is a clever girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an alliance main, I vote Anduin.
    Sylvanas is unbearable garbage, but at least she's fully committed to victory. Anduin and his "we must atop here or we will become like them" bullshit can go sink in the Veiled Sea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Let's be real; neither Sylvanas nor Anduin are particularily intelligent. But which faction leader is the least intelligent? The hysterical edgelord Sylvanas or the all-loving brony Anduin?
    how are neither particularly intelligent? I mean in terms of cunning and military knowledge then Sylvanas has it all over Anduin. but Anduin is also wise enough to know his limits and listen to those close to him like Jaina, Greymane etc whereas Sylvanas is kinda isolating herself from the rest of the leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Being naive is not the same with being stupid.
    Sylvanas trusting Saurfang to kill Malfurion, that is stupid.
    Was it stupid at the time though? I mean, did Saurfang already express disgust/disapproval for Sylvanas' actions before Teldrassil actually burned?

How is this a poll? One leader basically walks into traps and struggles with their emotions while the other actually doles out punishments for disobeying direct orders

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Was it stupid at the time though? I mean, did Saurfang already express disgust/disapproval for Sylvanas' actions before Teldrassil actually burned?
    nope. He even planned the use of assassins to take out key defensive positions through Ashenvale and orchestrated the flanking maneuver to basically hand all over Darkshore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She still held doubt. It felt like she was not 100% sure at least. This was likely her only chance to get Malfurion down and she blew it by trusting Saurfang.
    IIRC, Saurfang made his doubts manifest shortly after attacking Malfurion. Even if she really had any doubts about him, she would have no ground to base them off yet. I don't think she was stupid to believe him; if anything, she should have stayed to see him execute Malfurion, but that could be just ascribed to carelessness.

Both aren't the smartest cookie in the jar, but then again most wow characters are downright retarded from time to time. Though I must say attacking undercity without any countermeasure to the blight has to take the cake here.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    How is this a poll? One leader basically walks into traps and struggles with their emotions while the other actually doles out punishments for disobeying direct orders
    What does punishing those that disobey orders have to do with walking into traps and struggling with emotions? Both are idiots, but at least Anduin has the excuse of being what, 18 years old? And at least he didn't killed himself because of his emotions.
    Last edited by ausoin; 2019-04-05 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ausoin View Post
    What does punishing those that disobey orders have to do with walking into traps and struggling with emotions? Both are idiots, but at least Anduin has the excuse of being what, 18 years old? And at least he didn't killed himself because of his emotions.
    i don't know how intelligent you think it is to interact with someone who willfully disregarded your orders, commandeered an entire army and waged a war under your banner and attack a sovereign nation you're under a treaty with... by promoting them to the position immediately beneath you own as a "punishment".

And then go meet with the target of said attack and honestly act like nothing ever happened and that you can try to maintain 'peaceful' ties despite said attack... I mean if we're talking about Sylvanas that is textbook her post evil action (minus the blatant and deliberate honesty part).

Oh and then the pushing for an extremely volatile meeting where both parties have extreme reserves towards one another and allowing an even more volatile party take part because it felt right... and inadvertently allow said volatile third party turn "peaceful" meeting into something it really wasn't...

Being young isn't an excuse when you're the leader of the whole fucking faction. Should have grown something else instead of malice detecting bones when he got crushed, like some common sense.

edit:

how you get advisers who singularly have more knowledge of tactics and relations than his entire nation's hierarchy combined and still fall back on his own short years of experience when trying to move forward. Discuss tactics with the general who has seen conflict over teh course of 15k years? Naw... discuss parlay with the 50k+ year old prophet? seems to not happen.

Seek council with the old man who stole your army for revenge purpsoes? GOOD IDEA!

first off, insubordination is supposed to get a punishment not a promotion. hard fact basics.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-04-05 at 02:06 PM.

Blizzard story telling makes them both super smart when they need to be and super dumb when they can't win or need to fall for something stupid.

That said, as a character Sylvanas would be the "smarter" one for me simply because she has the experience in both life and leadership as she did earn her place as the Ranger-General of Silvermoon and has lived a pretty long life.

Anduin, may be intelligent, but hasn't lived as long and has almost no experience as a leader he still has yet to make all the mistakes Sylvanas has through his learning experience.

I can't fault either one of them as a character as far as good, bad, smart or dumb decisions because that shit is all obviously forced by Blizzard writers.

i don't know how intelligent you think it is to interact with someone who willfully disregarded your orders, commandeered an entire army and waged a war under your banner and attack a sovereign nation you're under a treaty with... by promoting them to the position immediately beneath you own as a "punishment".

And then go meet with the target of said attack and honestly act like nothing ever happened and that you can try to maintain 'peaceful' ties despite said attack... I mean if we're talking about Sylvanas that is textbook her post evil action (minus the blatant and deliberate honesty part).

Oh and then the pushing for an extremely volatile meeting where both parties have extreme reserves towards one another and allowing an even more volatile party take part because it felt right... and inadvertently allow said volatile third party turn "peaceful" meeting into something it really wasn't...

Being young isn't an excuse when you're the leader of the whole fucking faction. Should have grown something else instead of malice detecting bones when he got crushed, like some common sense.

edit:

how you get advisers who singularly have more knowledge of tactics and relations than his entire nation's hierarchy combined and still fall back on his own short years of experience when trying to move forward. Discuss tactics with the general who has seen conflict over teh course of 15k years? Naw... discuss parlay with the 50k+ year old prophet? seems to not happen.

Seek council with the old man who stole your army for revenge purpsoes? GOOD IDEA!

first off, insubordination is supposed to get a punishment not a promotion. hard fact basics.
    I already said Anduin is an idiot, though for diffrient reasons. But when compared to Sylvanas he has the excuse of being 18 years old while Sylvanas is thousands of years old.

Nice you dropped the emotions part though, Sylvanas take the cake for that.

I already said Anduin is an idiot, though for diffrient reasons. But when compared to Sylvanas he has the excuse of being 18 years old while Sylvanas is thousands of years old.

Nice you droped the emitons part though, Sylvanas take the cake for that.
    I didn't drop it....

anduin is still worse than Sylvanas there because he relies on his magic bones and hopes and dreams

edit:

Sylvanas major feeling outbursts still spawned a nation that would mortally wound any nation it went into all out war to the bitter end with.

I didn't drop it....

anduin is still worse than Sylvanas there because he relies on his magic bones and hopes and dreams
    I didn't see him committing suicide.

I didn't see him committing suicide.
    he's only shot himself in teh foot politcally twice, run headlong into death traps twice and managed to give the horde every fucking reason to continue hostilities while masquerading as an attempt at leadership.

I dunno. I personally re-weight the value of death among the dead. Especially when the story seems to showcase an extreme desire to remain on the mortal plane.

Meanwhile, Anduin keeps getting written into making foolish mistake after retarded mistake and falls back on his personal experience and his magic bones to try and showcase his intentions.

If he makes another blunder because of him not getting a hint from his achey shin bone then he's is should be fucking DONE.

edit:

for example. I will roast Saurfang on his suicidal tendencies because he keeps throwing himself into the mess. Warrior hall intro. pre-battle for lordaeron... DURING battle for lordaeron and now I'm no longer sure he isn't just trying to seek it again by throwing himself at the warchief who he may now deem a "most hated foe".

Sylvanas on the other hand has had that one suicidal episode at icecrown which seems to have been used to mold her into a very self centered being with self preservation as a central concern to everything.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-04-05 at 02:32 PM.

he's only shot himself in teh foot politcally twice, run headlong into death traps twice and managed to give the horde every fucking reason to continue hostilities while masquerading as an attempt at leadership.

I dunno. I personally re-weight the value of death among the dead. Especially when the story seems to showcase an extreme desire to remain on the mortal plane.

Meanwhile, Anduin keeps getting written into making foolish mistake after retarded mistake and falls back on his personal experience and his magic bones to try and showcase his intentions.

If he makes another blunder because of him not getting a hint from his achey shin bone then he's is should be fucking DONE.
    He didn't killed himself which would have lead to his people death, all because of his emotions. You can keep bringing up traps and stuff but we are talking about emotions..
    Last edited by ausoin; 2019-04-05 at 02:35 PM.

He didn't killed himself and let his people die as a result, all because of his emotions. You can keep bringing up traps and stuff but we are talking about emotions..
    traps he willfully ran into or set up because he didn't think something bad could happen.

Lets go get the forsaken and humans together for a meeting almost NOONE wants. Have the closest thing to a living heir to lordaeron in attendance? It'll be GRAND. A real turning point! Why did that event happen? Anduin and his hopes that people and forsaken could be better.... why'd it fail? He let the one person into the field that really should have stayed out.

Lordaeron? He wanted to go in and arrest Sylvanas, personally, and goes in with JUST his main advisers... tries to have his big speech.... it's a rigged room ready to go off and take any corporeal living things to a very blighted end.

His company and closest advisers hardly listen to him as High King doing as they please and it seems that unless somehting actually triggers his anti-malice senses he doesn't bother doing anything.

You act like he isn't allowing his hopes that others will act in his best interest isn't factoring into his incredibly obvious mistakes.