Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Keep it real Blizzard!

DISCLAIMER! This thread is not about if we should get more specs. It is just a reference.

It seems Blizzard are listening to us in some degree and are willing to put their own egos aside to please the players. Kudos to Blizzard for that.

However they are still making bad excuses and lying to us. The lastet example:

"There are no plans to add a fourth spec option to existing classes in the near future. Another spec would add a lot more complications to someone learning the game."

Just say it as it is:

"There are no plans to add a fourth spec option to existing classes in the near future. More specs would make the game more challenging to balance and result in more work for us.

The point is: Just keep it real Blizzard. Tell us your truth. Don't keep us in the dark and come with whole "new player learning curve" bs. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-04-06 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    "There are no plans to add a fourth spec option to existing classes in the near future. Another spec would add a lot more complications to someone learning the game."
    Ironic because all the classes have been dumbed down and are basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Ironic because all the classes have been dumbed down and are basically the same.
    I think the funniest part is that this implies that people that play druids starting out are confused, and people that play demon hunters aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Blizzard gets so much bullshit from the players in relation to balancing. So of course they wont add more specs as it would just mean more work for them. No need to use new players as an excuse :P

Genuine question: How come people are already praising 8.2 when it didn't even hit the PTR yet? There is NO way to know if 8.2 is actually worth its salt or not at this point. Yet I see multiple threads pop up praising 8.2 and even comparing it to whole expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

It simply implies that someone new to arenas absolutely HAS TO KNOW EVERY SINGLE SPELL IN THE GAME!!

Which of course, is blatantly false. Very few people enjo being bombarded by overwhelming information when testing out whether they like something or not and they just wing it and learn from experience. Little difference to that whether they have to learn about 20 or 72 specs. That justification is very clearly said from the mindset of a hardcore player that has his eye in top, competitive level gameplay, which excludes the vast majority of the newcomers that they are "helping."

Meanwhile they act like serious issues to newcomers, such as having to start at 110 with a boost (very easy to get confused that way if you are new and given your whole spellbook) or starting at level 1 and getting 119 levels that do not represent the end game at all.

Don't get me wrong, I am fine if they say that it's just too much balancing work for the sake of the hardcore playerbase, but do not pretend that this is being done for the sake of the casuals or newcomers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're serious about the "new players" thing. WoW specs in general are something of a dinosaur in an already jurassic genre. And with the mess that is gameplay already, no need to further water things down and get more players hitting 120 and finding out "oh you need to learn a whole different spec because your's was deemed nonviable by the simmers."

New players don't need to mean fresh off the boat. Heck if I started Shaman right now I'd be a "new player."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They are serious. We are used to the game and that's something I saw recently when a friend of mine started playing WoW back in Legion. He was simply lost because of the massive amount of things to do + when he tried PvP he didn't knew a thing about CD and stuff. So yeah, WoW's a lot to learn for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Genuine question: How come people are already praising 8.2 when it didn't even hit the PTR yet? There is NO way to know if 8.2 is actually worth its salt or not at this point. Yet I see multiple threads pop up praising 8.2 and even comparing it to whole expansions.
    It was mostly not to seem to negative. I was thinking that I needed to give Blizzard some praise before throwing critique at them. After all, I don't want to cause a shit storm :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    They are serious. We are used to the game and that's something I saw recently when a friend of mine started playing WoW back in Legion. He was simply lost because of the massive amount of things to do + when he tried PvP he didn't knew a thing about CD and stuff. So yeah, WoW's a lot to learn for beginners.
    True. But it's not the main reason. They should just say it as it is. Even if it didn't confuse new players, they wouldn't add more specs.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think they're serious about the "new players" thing. WoW specs in general are something of a dinosaur in an already jurassic genre. And with the mess that is gameplay already, no need to further water things down and get more players hitting 120 and finding out "oh you need to learn a whole different spec because your's was deemed nonviable by the simmers."

New players don't need to mean fresh off the boat. Heck if I started Shaman right now I'd be a "new player."
    But does a new player actually care for min/maxing? and being the top optimal spec if played 100% properly (which they won't)?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    But does a new player actually care for min/maxing? and being the top optimal spec if played 100% properly (which they won't)?
    No, but that new player doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It's the reason there's a question every Q&A about if the devs think only 5 viable M+ classes is a good thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

LOL! Right...because there's a massive influx of new players rushing in to play WoW? GTFO with that nonsense.

New players already face the challenge of a trainwreck leveling process, idiotic reputation grinds, the toxic pit of LFR and M+, and just finding a guild of halfway decent people. Learning their class is the least of a new player's worries.

And besides, this is what guides and youtube/streaming channels are for. Just look at Path of Exile. That game is 1000x more complex than WoW, and yet flourishes because it actually uses its community and encourages guides.

Blizzard should just stop lying. They don't want a 4th spec because they don't want to have to innovate or be creative. It's much easier to just keep plugging away at the same boring, worn out formula. Why do you think we haven't gotten any new talents since level 100? Why do you think they keep taking things away in order to make it easier to "balance"?

Again, Blizzard needs to just stop lying and trying to spin things. Blizzard and WoW fans are some of the most dedicated and hardcore people in the entire gaming world. Be honest with the community and the community will support you.

I think Blizzard should stop worrying about the 'new player experience' and focus on fixing the game for the people they already have. Let's be honest, I highly doubt the number of completely fresh new players is a very big number. Returning players are more likely to be the case, and they probably have a general idea on what the hell to do in the game. That's why guides and things like that exists.

I'll remain sceptical until there's actual changes implemented. Talk is cheap, to say the least.
    Sound reasoning on not creating 4th spec though, that + the fact that trying to implement another spec to every class in this climate of min/maxing and players screeching over percentage values doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Be honest with the community and the community will support you.
    Or they'll go "LOL GTFO WITH THAT NONSENSE".

Like, they can be honest without telling you things you want to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    I think Blizzard should stop worrying about the 'new player experience' and focus on fixing the game for the people they already have. Let's be honest, I highly doubt the number of completely fresh new players is a very big number. Returning players are more likely to be the case, and they probably have a general idea on what the hell to do in the game. That's why guides and things like that exists.
    New players are likely numerous enough to warrant the devs taking them into consideration since they mention that crowd now and then.

They have access to data, we don't.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-05 at 06:36 PM.

I agree that a fourth spec does sound interesting, the part I don't get is how it would add to the game. Do you want mage-tanks? If so, then it would mean that classes would become meaningless, the biggest consideration would be the transmogs available to that armor type.

I would rather see more customization for existing classes than new classes or 4th spec.

8.2 looks much better. It really shows that Blizzard are listening to us in some degree and are willing to put their own egos aside to please the players. Kudos to Blizzard. Good job!

However... they are still at times not being real with us. Just say it as it is. Stop making these small lies all the time or skewing the truth.. I don't understand why they keep doing this. The lastet example:

It is completely fair that they wont add another spec for each class. However, it is so obvious that new players are not the main reason for why they wont. It is clearly because of the extra work it would require for e.g. balancing. And considering that balancing is one of the biggest reasons for complaints, I can understand where they are coming from. So why not just say it as it is. Why try to hide the truth behind bad excuses, especially when the real reason is completely legitimate. We are not stupid. The players are not stupid (.. okay some are).

I would love it if Blizzard just said:

"There are no plans to add a fourth spec option to existing classes in the near future. There are too many crybabies in the game and balancing specs gives us enough trouble as it is. We won't add more specs just to deal with more of your bullshit!"

Just keep it real Blizzard. Tell us your real concerns and issues in relation to design choices. Don't keep us in the dark. Thanks.
    it shows that blizzard IS listening to us....not blizzard ARE listening to us, don't be a mouth breather
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Remember the Demon Hunter didn't even get a third spec. Adding another spec to each class would require creating (and balancing!) 12 new specs. Adding a whole new class is only 2 specs.

Why do people keep praising 8.2? They have not shared much outside of what we already know... which isn't much.

All they've done is hype you up. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you already think 8.2 is going to be majorly successful and that it will solve all the issues BFA has. We don't know enough.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The real reason is:

"There will be no additional specs added to the game because we have a hard enough time making 36 play and feel different as well as stand out thematically on its own, not to mention the required balancing that would inevitably skew things even more so by adding another dozen specs."

I mean, *could* they make 12 more specs function properly in the game, giving us our sword n boad Gladiator spec, maybe a Shaman earth-based tank, adding more depth to each class?
    Sure.
    Would they succeed and would the effort not be largely wasted?
    Meh.
    Best to stick with the 36 (!) we have now and get those right because probably about half of them just feel... I dunno, ugly and incomplete, I guess.