10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I enjoyed Neil Gaiman's run of The Eternals.
    Same, but that’s more because it’s Neil Gaiman, than because the characters were particularly interesting.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Same, but that’s more because it’s Neil Gaiman, than because the characters were particularly interesting.
    But it did shine a lot on parts of the marvel universe that i had otherwise ignored and it tied into Civil war.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I actually don't know anything about the Eternals.
    I mean, most people never heard of the Guardians, or Ant-Man, or Dr Strange, etc etc. I think we should be well past the point of worrying about an upcoming Marvel movie because it's based on "obscure" content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I mean, most people never heard of the Guardians, or Ant-Man, or Dr Strange, etc etc. I think we should be well past the point of worrying about an upcoming Marvel movie because it's based on "obscure" content.
    And honestly, that's probably for the best. Fewer expectations.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    And honestly, that's probably for the best. Fewer expectations.
    I like it like that. I went into the GotG the same way, only time I remember seeing the GotG in the comics before the movie was from the War of Kings storyline in the comics. That was around 2008 or 2009. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I watched captain marvel, but fell asleep. What should i remember for end game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    I watched captain marvel, but fell asleep. What should i remember for end game?
    Crazy power levels at the end. Just flew into space without a spaceship and smashed an alien fleet with her fists. Basically rivals Superman.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm a big fan of Marvel movies but what did these guys do with Captain Marvel. I didn't like it.

Looks like Black Widow is a thing

David Harbour joins Black Widow, Rachel Weisz reportedly in talks for a role

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Looks like Black Widow is a thing
    Yup! From what we’re seeing it should be a fairly solid film. About a week back they revealed that Taskmaster will be the main villain. I was hoping to see him wreck the Defenders, but kicking Black Widow’s ass (at least for the first act or two) isn’t bad either.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Yup! From what we’re seeing it should be a fairly solid film. About a week back they revealed that Taskmaster will be the main villain. I was hoping to see him wreck the Defenders, but kicking Black Widow’s ass (at least for the first act or two) isn’t bad either.
    Taskmaster huh?
    Well, in the comics that wouldn't be much of a fight even with her "blasters."

As you say it should be a pretty good film. (to me, Marvel writes the low-key down-to-Earth stuff damn well)

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope its better than the first. Even WITH mads mikkelsen it was average and that is an absolute travesty
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Taskmaster huh?
    Well, in the comics that wouldn't be much of a fight even with her "blasters."
    To be fair, Taskmaster has a history of jobbing pretty hard and getting fucked over in fights he SHOULD win, so it makes sense!

To be fair, Taskmaster has a history of jobbing pretty hard and getting fucked over in fights he SHOULD win, so it makes sense!
    Given Taskmasters ability to instantly master any ones fighting style and movement patterns there is no way in hell any non super powered opponent should be able to win.

Hell the only reason he loses to Deadpool is that even the gods can't predict his actions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Marvel's first Asian superhero movie tipped to shoot in Sydney
    https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...04-p51ar0.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Hell the only reason he loses to Deadpool is that even the gods can't predict his actions.
    Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree. Taskmaster is one of my favourite characters, and I really think he’s under-utilised. I mean, this is a dude who held or Cap and Bucky at the same time, during Siege. He can mimic the styles of some of Marvel’s best H2H fighters...

But most writers these days seem to use him as a “mid boss” who gives the hero a kicking, and then loses because plot.

I can see him RUINING her in the first act, then she wins at the end, because... plot.

... then she wins at the end, because... plot.
    All heroes do.
    But yes, taskmaster is IMO too underutilised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    All heroes do.
    That’s kinda my point... Taskmaster kicks the crap out of various heroes, but then loses in the end, because they’re heroes and the hero always has to win. Even though he’s demonstrated many times that he’s one of the best Melee fighters in Marvel.

I’d love to see a Taskmaster run, by someone like Gerry Duggan, or maybe Donny Cates. Someone who can really give him the spotlight he deserves.

Fingers crossed he’ll prove to be popular enough in Black Widow that he’ll get some love!

7+ Year Old Account
    Marvel Studios Has a 5-Year Phase 4 Plan That (Probably) Does Not Include the X-Men
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-studi...833888644?IR=T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Marvel Studios Has a 5-Year Phase 4 Plan That (Probably) Does Not Include the X-Men
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-studi...833888644?IR=T
    To be honest X-Men need their own mini universe within the MCU. I don;t wanna see the X-Men interacting with the heroes of the MCU until they have fully developed them all within their own space.

I have always looked at Marvel universe in the comics in three separate entities

Super Heroes
    cosmic/space heroes
    Mutants

Even though Avengers exist in the same space as the X-Men unlike the more cosmic side of Marvel who are well... in space... The X-Men should be treated as something far separate from something like the Avengers. Plus I have always viewed X-Men to be more darker and mature to the more 'super hero' side of Marvel. In a way, while they share the same universe they should be treated separately
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance