10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Did you turn off the Uplay overlay? I guess that was causing problems for a lot of people. It's in the actual uplay launcher under general settings.
    Yea, I have turned this off the moment I started playing The Division 2. Right now, I have two options. 1) Use DX11, the game runs but it's an insane stutter fest, or 2) Use DX12 and crash to desktop all the time.

While the new content is nice, the new patch by itself and the changes it made is super low quality and made the game actually worse in some ways.

Aside from bugs that I don't even know how they could possibly have been patched in (ragdoll issue - dead bodies stand up), the attachment change was a move in the wrong direction. You don't even have to think about them anymore.
    Some weapons felt really awful with -stability and you'd balance it out somehow to get the most damage out of it without losing too much control... now you simply don't do that anymore.
    Skills that are supposed to deal damage are still weak, I didn't see anything interesting in that regard so far.
    One dude in here said that skill builds are "exceptionally strong end game builds" now, but I just don't see it... and I couldn't even find anything on google that would support that claim. Did they even change it in any way? Sure, skillmods require less skillpower, but it seems like all the new gear I find also has like 50%+ less skillpower on it? The Chem launcher cloud is the only thing that I've seen that could work because you can stack it's dot damage. If you have to bother aiming at someone with a skill, you might as well just kill him with bullets.

If anything, the only reason why there are good is because you might be able to unlock a talent that requires 5 or less "red-statpoints".. but you don't need skillpower to do that.

PvP in Division 2 is still absolute garbage... now even more so, especially in the occupied darkzone. Have that 6p talent with the special Ammo, kill enemy without any resistance whatsoever. Great.
    Thankfully, I'm not that interested in it. So I don't really care that much
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-04-06 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yea, I have turned this off the moment I started playing The Division 2. Right now, I have two options. 1) Use DX11, the game runs but it's an insane stutter fest, or 2) Use DX12 and crash to desktop all the time.
    Ah man...that sucks. The other suggestion was to turn off GeForce Experience overlay. I had that problem myself in another game. I think it was.... Fallout 4 IIRC? This is, of course, assuming you're using an Nvidia card.

There's some more crazy fixes out there. Like:

Having worked for some friends, it's possible to deactivate a single CPU for The Division through the Task Manager/Set Affinity process. Simply press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, or type Task Manager in your search bar. Right click it > Run as administrator > Under Processes, right click The Division 2 > Go To Details > Again under The Division 2, select Set Affinity > Untick one CPU (ideally the highest number).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah man...that sucks. The other suggestion was to turn off GeForce Experience overlay. I had that problem myself in another game. I think it was.... Fallout 4 IIRC? This is, of course, assuming you're using an Nvidia card.

There's some more crazy fixes out there. Like:
    I use an nVidia card, can still that try that but it wasn't a problem before the patch. I'll disable it, and see if it fixes the issue. Haven't tried the CPU fix yet.

EDIT: No matter what I do, game just keeps crashing to desktop, and is unplayable in DX11. Guess I'll wait for a fix, if there'll ever be one.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2019-04-06 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah, I was talking about the event stuff although in general I am a bit bummed and how far less cosmetic options there are in this game compared to the first.
    Did you even play the first game at launch?

All there was, was a winter jacket (with slight modifications) in 50 different shades of purple.

The vanity items are far more varied in TD2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    While the new content is nice, the new patch by itself and the changes it made is super low quality and made the game actually worse in some ways.

Aside from bugs that I don't even know how they could possibly have been patched in (ragdoll issue - dead bodies stand up), the attachment change was a move in the wrong direction. You don't even have to think about them anymore.
    Some weapons felt really awful with -stability and you'd balance it out somehow to get the most damage out of it without losing too much control... now you simply don't do that anymore.
    Skills that are supposed to deal damage are still weak, I didn't see anything interesting in that regard so far.
    One dude in here said that skill builds are "exceptionally strong end game builds" now, but I just don't see it... and I couldn't even find anything on google that would support that claim. Did they even change it in any way? Sure, skillmods require less skillpower, but it seems like all the new gear I find also has like 50%+ less skillpower on it? The Chem launcher cloud is the only thing that I've seen that could work because you can stack it's dot damage. If you have to bother aiming at someone with a skill, you might as well just kill him with bullets.

If anything, the only reason why there are good is because you might be able to unlock a talent that requires 5 or less "red-statpoints".. but you don't need skillpower to do that.

PvP in Division 2 is still absolute garbage... now even more so, especially in the occupied darkzone. Have that 6p talent with the special Ammo, kill enemy without any resistance whatsoever. Great.
    Thankfully, I'm not that interested in it. So I don't really care that much
    Only complaint I have is the weapon mods, I really liked the negative effects. I have noticed enemies standing up straight when dying as well.

I'm not 500 GS yet, so not tried any skill builds, but at least they are far more achievable.

The Division is a PVE game with PVP tacked on (like WoW), so I care very little for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I use an nVidia card, can still that try that but it wasn't a problem before the patch. I'll disable it, and see if it fixes the issue. Haven't tried the CPU fix yet.

EDIT: No matter what I do, game just keeps crashing to desktop, and is unplayable in DX11. Guess I'll wait for a fix, if there'll ever be one.
    That sucks man, hope you find a fix. Tried reducing any settings? What's your set up?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-04-06 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That sucks man, hope you find a fix. Tried reducing any settings? What's your set up?
    i5-2500 with a GTX960. It ran perfect prepatch on DX12 but now it crashes near instantly. On DX11 it just gives me huge stutters. It's somewhat playable but not great. Indoors is alright, outdoors it's worse.

I'm not 500 GS yet, so not tried any skill builds, but at least they are far more achievable.

- - - Updated - - -
    yeah, but the skills are not as potent anymore either.
    Chemlauncher mods changed from +130% radius increase to 13%.
    And the +6 Ammo is at 2,xxx skillpower.

That's basically no different from before. You'd have to sacrifice *everything* for that, since one item with nothing but skillpower (basically a double roll) has like 5xx skillpower. Without the bigger radius, the whole thing is relatively weak imho. Sure, you can get them out of cover with it, that's nice, but it's not worth losing out on 50% dps.

The skillpower system is even worse (and I seriously mean it) than in TD1, and that one wasn't even remotely close to being good.

I don't know man, they have the greatest world/map designers in their team, but probably the worst people to balance it.
    I honestly don't want them to patch this game anymore, just add content - no more skill/dmg/patches of any other kind please. I'm pretty sure it's going downhill if they do keep trying to "fix" things.
    Have you guys seen the new LMG? Some People on youtube say it's "probably a PvP weapon" - no hell no, it isn't. The 50% healreduce is absolutely worthless considering the way you have to apply it, and the whole ability itself is extremely questionable in PvE too.
    4k base damage LMG at ilvl 500. When enemies in PvE have several millions worth of HP.
    20 hits to apply the debuff, which might run out before you kill the target.
    AoE poison cloud that deals 200% of 4k base damage. That's not even ~50% of what the chem launcher does and that one is already super weak.

Then there is stuff like the Sniper Turret.. or the Attack drone. The Sniper turrets misses so many shots, does so little damage and requires you to manually fire at targets....then after 5-10 shots, it goes on a long ass cooldown... jesus.
    No one can tell me that they did any kind of playtesting... in fact during beta and alphas most people/streamers already told them that a lot of that stuff is utterly useless and they didn't even try to adress most of it...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-04-06 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    yeah, but the skills are not as potent anymore either.
    Chemlauncher mods changed from +130% radius increase to 13%.
    And the +6 Ammo is at 2,xxx skillpower.
    I've not looked into yet but that does sound disappointing, although 130% was a bit too much, but 13%...

I've not looked into yet but that does sound disappointing, although 130% was a bit too much, but 13%...
    To be fair, I guess those numbers in the tooltips always were some placeholders that never were adjusted. Same as the 150% increased grenade radius. That should multiply the radius by 2.5 (which would pretty much cover the entire screen), in reality it isn't even 50% larger but rather 2.5m, so I assume here they also meant 15%.

They increased the base damage of the turret from 2k per hit to 6k, but currently it only hits once every few seconds.
    There is close to no signature ammo dropping anymore, the patch caused performance and crashing issues for many players (who could play the game before), the previously in the thread mentioned side mission still does not work for those affected (even though it says in the patch notes that it's fixed), I personally am affected of the workbench bug which does not let you upgrade it to WT5.

I really have problems believing they tested any of it, and knowing that they don't work over the weekends I really don't think it's a good idea to publish their patches on a friday.

Apparently, signature ammo drop rates are broken right now with barely any dropping. Think I'll wait for a fix before continuing on.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seemed to have nerfed the aiming with the Chem Launcher as well? Before you'd get a target area, and it even highlights mobs that would stand in it before firing; now it seems to be just firing it blindly from the hip?

10+ Year Old Account
    They seemed to have nerfed the aiming with the Chem Launcher as well? Before you'd get a target area, and it even highlights mobs that would stand in it before firing; now it seems to be just firing it blindly from the hip?
    It equips like a gun and then you aim like a normal gun.
    Putin khuliyo

Oh great, we are back to Division 1 bugs and stats not working...

The Patriot set +10% armor damage doesn't work... at least not on in the practice range.
    The red debuff, doesn't seem to do shit, you are still a glass canon even though the set is build around defensive stats
    The white debuffs regenerates about 0,1% armor per bullet, honestly I didn't know wheter my mods were regenerating my armor or my hits on the target
    The blue debuff has pretty good cooldown reduction... but skills suck, so it's kinda worthless.

That was the only set I had some hopes for, guess all High-End gear is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It equips like a gun and then you aim like a normal gun.
    That's quite a big nerf, as aiming is way worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yeah same old "They are better than me, so they obviously are virgin 12yo unemployed divorced basement dwellers" guys in DZ, quite pathetic indeed
    Yep, definitely better than me 4v1, which is the only way I ever seem to get ganked in this game, and 4v1 takes a lot of skill amirite? I have zero issue with getting killed in a fair fight but those don’t exist in the division universe in my experience. But hey, keep making assumptions, champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

The specialization at level 30: You can only have one active at a time, and there are 3 to choose from. One has a nade-launcher. One has the explosive crossbow. The last has a .50 cal sniper rifle. They're supposedly adding at least 3 more later on, one of which appears to use a minigun.
    Explosive Crossbows seem fun. In a Rambo sort of way at least. I'm guessing it comes with some kind of huge drawback - That seems to be the way this game is set up. You can't have nice things without them also having a catch.

That might be so, but you should reach level 30 and get some better gear before making that decision.
    I plan to - I feel I owe it the same chance I'd give everything else.

But not just that, some weapon types are just better for certain situations. I only use ARs and Rifles with max Stability so they basically become laser beams of damage. SMGs are pretty godlike at close to medium range due to high crit chance. Marksman rifles are for crackhead super-twitch skills players(that's a compliment guys, don't get bent!) that can ALWAYS headshot. Shotguns are just garbage. And LMGs are just good all around jack of all trades.
    I picked up a pistol with 1.2k base damage earlier - It's as close to an all rounder as I've found so far. High damage per shot, reloads fast and accurate enough for me to work with. I was never a fan of bullet hose type weapons, so SMG's are right out for me. Assault Rifles tend to be lacking in accuracy over multiple shots, so they feel pretty poor too. LMG's feel a little better, but only because they tend to have a lower rate of fire.

Ideally, I guess I want to get my hands on either a Sniper Rifle or a powerful Single Shot or Burst fire weapon.

You CAN do this. It's just much higher risk, especially in higher difficulties or while soloing. Getting good at using the shield will help, although it will also slow you down a bit. You'll need to practice turning it on and off. However, enemy accuracy and damage get pretty redonkulous in hard or challenging missions.
    I feel like the Shield is unnessacary. Survivability hasn't been an issue for me at all, truth be told. I very rarely even get my armour stripped away.

Using the Cover system is just a part of The Division. But if you're good at using line of sight to block potential enemy fire, you don't have to use Cover all the time. But you will do much worse if you NEVER use Cover.
    I've just been using the Line of Sight method. Actually using the cover mechanic just feels awkward and clunky, especially around circular objects where you're as likely to keep rotating around them as you are to step away. Being stuck to an object is very limiting.

Armor traits can do things like repair armor while you're in cover, do more damage to elites, reduce skill cooldowns whenver you get a kill, etc. And this doesn't even go into the wacky stuff that the new sets can do when you have 3/4/6 pieces equipped.
    Good to know, the current bonuses are rather dull. +2% cooldown reduction isn't anything to write home about afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Apparently, signature ammo drop rates are broken right now with barely any dropping. Think I'll wait for a fix before continuing on.
    I'd recommend switching to Sharpshooter for the time being. The lion's share of that spec's power is in its passives anyway, and the signature weapon was never that good to begin with. Or rather, it's VERY good, just in extremely limited situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You can't have nice things without them also having a catch.
    This is called "good game design". Most games have rules like this. You'll notice a lot of players expressing disappointment at the recent changes to weapon mods? This is why.

But the main drawback of the signature weapons is that they have extremely limited ammo. They are, however, very powerful tools not meant to be used in every situation.

I picked up a pistol with 1.2k base damage earlier - It's as close to an all rounder as I've found so far. High damage per shot, reloads fast and accurate enough for me to work with. I was never a fan of bullet hose type weapons, so SMG's are right out for me. Assault Rifles tend to be lacking in accuracy over multiple shots, so they feel pretty poor too. LMG's feel a little better, but only because they tend to have a lower rate of fire.

Ideally, I guess I want to get my hands on either a Sniper Rifle or a powerful Single Shot or Burst fire weapon.
    Yeah, unlike the first game, Pistols are VERY strong in this game. I kind of hope at some point we get a specialization that supports pistols. But for now there are a couple brand bonuses to increase pistol damage, although I think they're linked to using the shield.

Survivability hasn't been an issue for me at all, truth be told. I very rarely even get my armour stripped away.
    You sweet summer child. Just wait til you try a level 3 or 4 control point at level 30.

I've just been using the Line of Sight method. Actually using the cover mechanic just feels awkward and clunky, especially around circular objects where you're as likely to keep rotating around them as you are to step away. Being stuck to an object is very limiting.
    It can be, and it definitely takes some practice to use well. Mainly you'll want to start with using to move across exposed areas of fire. While doing a cover-to-cover run, for some reason enemy accuracy goes to shit, and you can reload while moving at top speed.

I really wish I was good at recording video, so I could show you how I move when blitzing normal difficulty missions, or how I move to avoid damage in hard or challenging. Just to give a better idea of how the game plays at level cap. But you'll get there eventually.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-04-06 at 09:57 PM.

Is this game out of the open/paid beta phase yet? Or do I need to wait a month or two more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    But hey, keep making assumptions, champ!
    The irony is so strong here
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

I'd recommend switching to Sharpshooter for the time being. The lion's share of that spec's power is in its passives anyway, and the signature weapon was never that good to begin with. Or rather, it's VERY good, just in extremely limited situations.
    Does the rifle dmg bonus works only with rifles or auto rifles too?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©