Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So people are desperately trying to min max Classic. That's totally against the spirit of vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholygrounded View Post
    I am making an orc enhancement shaman, and people will deal with it.

Plus you can effectively heal without talents with the right gear anyhow unlike retail now.
    I think that you will deal with it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    So people are desperately trying to min max Classic. That's totally against the spirit of vanilla.
    Different strokes for different folks, if you're concerned that these players will negatively impact your own expereince in Classic then i'd look to join a chill guild and stick with doing content with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Different strokes for different folks, if you're concerned that these players will negatively impact your own expereince in Classic then i'd look to join a chill guild and stick with doing content with them.
    I won't be playing Classic. I have no desire to try and relive something that was great, because it just won't be the same. If I did, I'd do it properly, and not care at all about min maxing.

Fury warrior Pre-BIS phase one dressing room has the wrong shoulders on (Wyrm instead of truestrike)

Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    Hi,

With the launch of the official Classic servers only being a few months away (hopefully) I thought it would be a good idea to share a sheet that our guild has been using to distribute loot. As familiar the loot distribution can be somewhat of a drama starter - especially in Classic, where bosses only drop 2-4 items per boss where there are 40 raiders drooling over the loot. Our guild has been active since the launch of the most recent super hyped private server and this list has worked very well. Less drama - happier raiders!

The sheet contains every “best-in-slot” item for every stage on the way (from release to Naxxramas) for “every viable” specc, with the best possible enchant for each slot. There is also a bonus sheet containing nature resistance items for each class for when the gates of Ahn’Qiraj are open.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...BMWO5UxIWLlZl0

Use the sheet as you wish and do not hesitate to leave feedback or post if you have any questions, alt. contact me on Discord - pingaan#5396.

To top this up I would like to do some PR for our guild. We are a setup of mature ppl with a solid core on about 30 raiders. Many of us are family guys, but with a past vast experience in high-end raiding. Personally, I am a one of the founders of Ad Noctum/Kreml High (vanilla-WotLK) and I have been acting as the guild master of this recent settlement. Along with players from past Nihilum, Method, Glamuor, Nightmares Asylum, Forte and more we have managed to create a layed-back guild with great atmosphere and decent raiding. We raid only twice a week and we raid hard! Keep and eye our for <Noctum> on the EU servers. We WILL be there!
    If you are interested in our guild please send me a PM on either these forums or Discord.
    I’ll happily invite you to our private Discord server for you to get a feel.

Note that even though the game launches with the preferences of the end of Vanilla (patch 1.12), the dungeon items added in 1.10< will most likely not be there from the start, hence they're not in the list!
    The list will be updated with future announcements and patches.

Change log:
    22 Nov (2018): Added holy paladins to the sheet.
    10 Dec (2018): Added a complete list of enchants for each class, matching each patch.
    21 Feb (2019): Updated elemental shaman, s-priest and a lot on the prot warrior columns.
    25 Feb (2019): Updated warrior weapons accordingly to racials, as well as added some dungeon BoP's
    11 Mar (2019): Added tooltips/notes to each cell with info about the items. Please send me a PM if you find any inaccurate info.
    12 Mar (2019): Updated the sheet to fit the latest blue post regarding 6 stages instead of the previous 4 stages.
    14 Mar (2019): Polished the thing up, updated a cloaks and offhands for the casters in the early stages. I also added a donate link (yes, I am that cheeky!)
    15 Mar (2019): Froze column one and row one for easier browsing.
    19 Mar (2019: The top left cell is open for advertisments. Contact me on j.tobias.lind@gmail.com if you are intersted.
    26 Mar (2019): Added a complete sub sheet containing all the vital buffs and consumables concerning raiding and PvE.
    31 Mar (2019): Total remake of the sheet. Added up every equipment sub-sheet to one. Added colouring to the items. Added icons to each item and buff. Added a wardrobe link to each gear setup.
    2 apr (2019): Added class picture avatars.
    Cool! Thanks for the effort of doing this and sharing it with us

For many classes, the Pre-Raid BiS contains world drops, which are basically completely random or expensive. Is it possible to have a farmable backup item for those World Drop slots, like Sash of Mercy? Like, I *think* the Dustfeather Sash off Solokar Flamewreath is the step down from that for a Resto Druid.
    Last edited by perringaiden; 2019-04-07 at 06:50 AM.

@IreScath Thanks! I'll correct that.
    @perringaiden I may be the only one thinking like this, but imo gold is simply gold. I know it may take some time to get there but it's just a matter of grinding - no luck involved. That's why I choose to have rare BoE world drops above all, given that they are a BiS item.
    Either way, I am planning to add a link to each class showing alternatives to every item but the items won't be displayed in this sheet.
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-04-07 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    @IreScath Thanks! I'll correct that.
    @perringaiden I may be the only one thinking like this, but imo gold is simply gold. I know it may take some time to get there but it's just a matter of grinding - no luck involved. That's why I choose to have rare BoE world drops above all, given that they are a BiS item.
    Either way, I am planning to add a link to each class showing alternatives to every item but the items won't be displayed in this sheet.
    Remembering Vanilla and the work required to farm up gold for an Epic Mount, people who found these world drop Epics, often sold them for enough to not have to farm for an Epic Mount. Pre-Raid BiS might be the goal, but if it takes 6 months to get the gold to buy one of these belts, you've kinda missed the train on the Pre-Raid part. U

As for grinding, many of these are are literal random world drops, which makes grinding impossible besides "Kill everything and hope". So if this is going to be the definitive BiS list for WoW Classic, those extra links to the set of fallbacks would be appreciated. Hell, just the textual names would be good, no need to go into detail linking and providing drop locations etc. We'll find them, just need the name. Plus it gives us a way to incrementally increase our gear until we get the BiS piece.

Note, this is for the Pre-Raid stuff. I'm not too worried about ranking raid gear in that list since the set of drops is far more limited.

Comparing modern vanilla to what you remember is not a grand idea. I know that farming gold back then really was painful, but the game is exploited in every single way today. Farming gold has never been easier, regardless of the class you choose. Look up guides on YouTube, if you like.
    In terms of grinding, I was referring to gold grind. Not grinding for a random world drops. That'd be quite foolish...

Getting these items is definitely doable, given that you play a few hours per day. It's the dungeon drops that is the hard part tbh.

I am plans on implementing links to existing sheets listing all usable items, not just the BiS item. My sheet is constantly a work-in-progress.

Honestly 2 method I used back in vanilla are still used on p servers so not really surprising

Holy Paladins cant wear staves btw. Would be sick though.

New sub-sheet added! It contains a full list of the raid encounters with loot info, links to kill strategies, lore and info.

that's outstanding, thanks!

Update again...
    #1. Added attunement guides to the encounter sub-sheet. #2. Added a pre-phase 3 AoE-tanking gear setup for bears and prot warriors. #3. Optimised phase 5-6 for s-priests. #4. Added links to listings of items good for all classes, such as second best, third best etc, for each slot - the links are embedded in the class avatars at the top of the equipment sub-sheet. #5. Various optimisations for druids and paladins. #6. With the latest blue post announced PvP plans, the sheet has been updated accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Yes, let's just toss aside one of the few really worthy fight in vanilla and also one that drop actual good gear... You can kill Garr with 5 feral / Boomkin / SPriest / AFK players, it do not mean those spec was helpful in raid.

For me, a guild that accept a prot pally is a good sign this guild will fail hard when they encounter any decent raid encounter.
    Man, these private server newfags will ruin the spirit of vanilla. Please gtfo.

About the feral bear weapon enchant choice, isn't +25 agility worth it? and if so why?

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Threads like this is why Classic never will be like Vanilla was. Personally I don’t care about min/maxing you do whatever you want. But what made Vanilla stand out from other expansions is that people didn’t really min/maxed and just went with whatever new gear dropped.

Come Classic people will reject players from groups for not having certain items or gear. That didn’t happen in vanilla when creating dungeon groups. As long as you had the proper level you were good to go.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Thanks, now I need to find that moron that said "Vanilla Tier were good" when most of the class don't use any before Tier 3.

Oh and caster don't really need NR for Viscidus, only non-caster for Huhuran.
    spotted the guy who never played vanilla on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    spotted the guy who never played vanilla on retail.
    You must love to be wrong making wild guess like that... Player since open beta. Did you look at this list or you just said this to look like a moron?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads