Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are your random Battleground Statistics?

Plz specify EU or US / Horde or Alliance.

Go to achievements > Statistics > PvP > Battlegrounds
    How many played and how many won?

Here is my fresh Alliance character on Europe realms who leveled up by Battlegrounds and encounters a lot of Russian groups.
    I won less than 1/3 of the matches as Alliance EU
    (note: the majority of the matches were done while leveling up)

US Alliance
    Played: 940
    Most Played: 204 (Warsong Gulch)
    Won: 405
    Most Won: 85 (Alterac Valley)

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    US Alliance
    Played: 940
    Most Played: 204 (Warsong Gulch)
    Won: 405
    Most Won: 85 (Alterac Valley)
    Well, you won 43% of matches, better than me at 32%
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-04-06 at 04:50 PM.

On main, few hundred more on alts. Settled at a solid 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    On main, few hundred more on alts. Settled at a solid 50%.
    Horde player US ? thats really solid

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Horde player US ? thats really solid
    Horde-EU. Was Alliance, faction changed in 8.1. So most of these are Alliance stats. Haven't really touched BG's since I swapped to Horde.

10+ Year Old Account

Yours kinda made me sad after i checked mine.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

BGs played: 111
    BG played the most: AV
    BGs won: 55
    BG won the most: AV

Edit: Horde - US
    Last edited by reef; 2019-04-06 at 05:15 PM.

My Alliance EU char main - 49,9%

My Horde EU Alt - 49,5%

-----

Humm...no conclusions there...50% all the way on old characters
    My fresh character is the most unlucky one so far....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

Yours kinda made me sad after i checked mine.
    WTF

68% chance to win?
    Where tha hell do you play? Horde EU?

Or maybe you only do RATED Bgs? Nnyco, WTF?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-04-06 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF

68% chance to win?

Horde EU and ye, mostly rated or with friends.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

EU Horde last time I entered a battleground was probably around the middle of WoD.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-06 at 06:16 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I used to have ~60% win rate in most BGs. Then I started playing Alliance...

10+ Year Old Account
    It says 151 Battlegrounds played on mine but I played like way more back in Vanilla and TBC. Should be up in the 300's lol. Although I haven't played PVP as much since Cata to be honest. I really should get back into PVP too.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Well, you won 43% of matches, better than me at 32%
    Rofl I am at 28% and I've been playing for years. People are just too good..

5+ Year Old Account
    I always laughed at people when they told me that they lose just because their faction sucks, but meanwhile I'm not so sure anymore about what's going on. I remember that I had characters that had like 65% win rate in random BGs in the last expansion or the expansion before. Nowadays, in BFA, I mostly lose random BGs. This becomes obvious from the following two screenshots:

All time random BG win rate: 57%

Current random BG win rate for BFA, tracked by REFLEX: 43%

These stats are from my Rogue. I don't have a main, I always switch between my 8 lvl 120s.

I always play alliance and I always solo queue and I don't leave BGs. The performance drop is gigantic, and it's only since BFA. I can't figure out the reason. I have a level 113 horde DH, gonna level that to 120 and see what happens, just out of curiosity.

Though remember one thing: if we assume that everything is perfectly balanced between the factions, that is gear, skill, motivation, numbers, mentality... just everything, then the theoretical win rate is NOT 50%! Why? Example: a 10v10 BG can generate a maximum of 10 winners, but it can easily generate 15 or even more losers! Every player that leaves, doesn't matter if from the winning or losing side, is considered a loser. Winners are determined at the end of the match, and there you have it... it's maximum 10 winners, but meanwhile the BG generated extra losers through those who left the BG. Now if you say that you do not belong to those who leave losing BGs, therefore you should not be affected by it and theoretically you should have a 50% wind rate... Well, no. That's not how it works, because the game puts you way more frequently into losing BGs than winning BGs, for the simple reason that losing BGs generate free spots much more often than winning BGs. Joining a losing BG is a loss 95% of the time, you can't turn it around.

So to make up a number, I would say that 40% is the balanced and fair win rate regarding statistics.
    Regarding this, it's even more amazing that it was possible to have a win rate of 65% in previous expansions (for me as alliance).
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2019-04-07 at 09:13 AM.

@XMD7007

Thank you for your input!

Yeah i join a lot of losing BG's mid match where people leave the game.
    People leave games constantly actually, is insane
    And in Europe we have on top of that the "Russian problem"...which is kinda funny problem
    They are extremely coordinated and always think as one.

My theory is that they join the voice chat of the random BG, always.

Just a theory

5+ Year Old Account
    I also checked the all time win rates of all of my characters (have one of each class).

The differences between the win rates is more a question of the time when I played the class, less about my respective skill level with the class or the power of the class in general. There were times when Alterac or Isle of Conquest were considered an auto-win for alliance, just to name an example.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2019-04-07 at 09:40 AM.

EU Alliance.
    Last edited by szandos; 2019-04-07 at 08:59 PM.

US Alliance warrior created mid wrath still my main today and still pvp, did alot of random bgs during legion, would get my daily win for ap. unsubbed recently during bfa though, definitely waiting for classic, will be super nice to just que for the OG battleground, gulch basin and valley.

Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2019-04-07 at 03:26 PM.

WTF

68% chance to win?

I have a winrate of 89% with like 1,500 BGs played on the account I stopped playing in WoD. The vast majority of that were random BGs. The recipe for a high winrate is to always queue as a party of 5.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only difference is that they make an effort to create premades (which really is nothing more than making 2-3 groups and clicking join at the same time). There are plenty of pvp communities you can join that do the same and if you try that then your win ratio will go up very fast.
    Exactly.