Fallout 76 stream at PAX east going on right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Think they just confirmed the legendary vendor allows you to scrap legendaries and "go for effects you want to go for". It's going to use some kind of token system that lets you "roll" for the lego you want.

Also raids are going to be instanced.

Overall, not a whole lot of new information.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-03-29 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Think they just confirmed the legendary vendor allows you to scrap legendaries and "go for effects you want to go for". It's going to use some kind of token system that lets you "roll" for the lego you want.

Also raids are going to be instanced.
    I'm cautiously optimistic about vault raids.

They've said it's meant for 4 people, but I think nuke silos are as well. And I solo nuke silos no problem. I was worried they'd be aiming for 8+ players like the SBQ.

If you need 4 players, I hope they have some means to queue up, and that the rewards are "nice" but not something you'd want to be endlessly farming. The Division went that route, more or less, and I didn't enjoy that. I don't mind if it takes me 8 times as long to finish as it would a 4-man group, as long as I CAN do it.

went with buddy of mine to set off a nuke but as soon as we went into the nuke zone server died.. atleast I got this pic:

I think I remember seeing they had plans for giving a player the ability to reset their level back to 1 with some sort of bonus. I thought it would be pretty cool if that bonus would be giving the player a permanent +1 special stat of their choice each time they reset. It would give players a reason to always be seeking those gains, rather than leveling be pretty pointless after 60 like it is now. But I do wonder what's going to happen to all our level 45+ gear when we reset. Is it going to become unusable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I remember seeing they had plans for giving a player the ability to reset their level back to 1 with some sort of bonus.
    I saw that, too. This official site post has the details, but I'll quote them anyhow because I'm like that.

NUCLEAR WINTER
    RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
    Summer will bring another series of major updates to Fallout 76, including Nuclear Winter - an entirely new way to play that changes the rules of the wasteland.

New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
    New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – something for Endus to be cautiously optimistic about.
    New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
    Assuming they do this, I am going Legendary Crafter till dawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I saw that, too. This official site post has the details, but I'll quote them anyhow because I'm like that.
    I am a little concerned with the prestige system. My big questions that need answering would be;

1> Does our gear/stash get wiped? If so, that's a massive loss. Atom Shop stuff will, of course, stick around. This may be a way to get rid of those duped weapons, though; it will just make it a big tradeoff.

2> Do our crafting recipes get wiped? I definitely hope not. Spending so many goddamned caps on recipes to lose them all is a giant PITA.

3> Do our mutations get wiped? This is a biggie, comined with the above. I currently run with 6 mutations, and only one is irrelevant (Chameleon). I still want to add Adrenal Reaction and Egg Head. I will probably add Scaly Skin, too. I'm not risking random mutations, so I'm buying serums. But I'm also thinking of spending the massive cap investment to buy the serum recipes for major ones (just got the perks to reduce trade costs, finally, pop some Grape Mentats, and it should be semi-affordable). If crafting recipes get wiped, those serum recipes are pointless, until you "cap out" prestiging (if you can). If they DON'T, but mutations DO, then the serum recipes are GOLD, since you can re-Marsupial/Speed Demon yourself the moment you can get the Flux.

4> Of course, what are the "all new more powerful abilities"? Better make it worth our while. My ideal on this would be to add certain secondary features to certain perk cards. Like adding "reduce rifle weight" to Rifleman perk cards, because jesus fuck why are rifles the only weapons without weight reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I am a little concerned with the prestige system.
    I'm assuming it's like Skyrim, and based on that unwarranted assumption:

1> Does our gear/stash get wiped?
    No.

2> Do our crafting recipes get wiped?
    No.

3> Do our mutations get wiped?
    Because of how cards interact with them, I would say yes.

Obviously these are all guesses, based on how Bethesda has worked in the past.

Looks like we have our first bit of group dungeon content coming out on the 16th... which I still hope can be done solo. Still don't know anything about what it involves though, or it's difficulty. Also, player vending is coming next month. Loving the pace of all these updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we have our first bit of group dungeon content coming out on the 16th... which I still hope can be done solo. Still don't know anything about what it involves though, or it's difficulty. Also, player vending is coming next month. Loving the pace of all these updates.
    I do want to note that the repair kits are a debacle, though I think it's a tempest in a teapot.

They provide an actual benefit (repairing a piece of gear), and they'll be bought on the Atom Shop, for Atom. So you're buying in-game benefits, with Atom, not cosmetics. That's the debacle.

I think it's possibly a stupid debacle, because they also said there's two flavours; the regular ones that repair an item (armor/weapon/CAMP) to 100%. And the Improved Repair Kit, which repairs to 150%, and, and this is the important part, drops from in-game content. They mention the SBQ specifically, but I imagine most events can drop them with at least a reasonable chance.

if they drop often enough, I think the Atom Shop version is irrelevant. Especially when repair costs for most things are borderline irrelevant; my weapons cost nothing significant. My armor's only real cost is Ballistic Fiber, and frankly, I'm sitting in like 150 Fiber in my stash. I'm almost at a point where I might have to consider selling it, or at least proactively repairing my armor more often. Now, part of that is because I play a Stealth build, so my armor doesn't take a beating, but that also means I'm not repairing it to more than 100%, nor am I using perks to slow the damage rate.

I already don't have a huge use for repair kits. So while Reddit is already exploding over this, I don't think it's the big deal they're making it out to be. I still think the stink is worth raising, because it's a precedent that shouldn't be expanded upon IMO. Just be reasonable about it.

They’re also putting field repair kits on the atom shop (weak version) with stronger one as a drop. Pretty ballsy move that has already caused the fo76 reddit to implode.

I really don’t get why they are so desired. Repair spots are plentiful and I never 100% repair when I can do 200%.

Lot of good new stuff on the horizon. I really want more details on prestige and legendary rerolls. There’s so little info that people will just fill in their hopes and get disappointed.

The repair kits seem irrelevant if you're playing the game right. All it takes is one perk point in luck for the card that auto repairs your items whenever you kill something. The only gun I actually have to repair is my 2shot lever action, which I'm pretty sure causes the gun to take double durability damage. Even so, repairing it myself takes it up to 200% and costs a bit of easy mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    The repair kits seem irrelevant if you're playing the game right. All it takes is one perk point in luck for the card that auto repairs your items whenever you kill something. The only gun I actually have to repair is my 2shot lever action, which I'm pretty sure causes the gun to take double durability damage. Even so, repairing it myself takes it up to 200% and costs a bit of easy mats.
    As I said above, my stealth rifle build doesn't have the "repair to 200%" or the "random repair while killing" perks, and the costs are negligible.

The ballistic fiber requirement for armor is annoying, but I need to repair so little that I have a ton of extra stockpiled.

I don't like the precedent it sets, but I also don't see the "pay to win! RIOT!" argument either.

if no one bitches about this as they are and should

it leads to them putting actual pay to win shit on there.

so keep on bitching to bethesda

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    if no one bitches about this as they are and should

it leads to them putting actual pay to win shit on there.

so keep on bitching to bethesda
    Exactly this. The same moment community will think that 76 is decent to play, MTX will be everywhere because they think "they could try something new with atom shop". Heck, they already plan new gameplay affecting items in a cash shop like ammo, fridges and stash access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Heck, they already plan new gameplay affecting items in a cash shop like ammo, fridges and stash access.
    They haven't said anything of the sort. They've said they're looking into putting fridges and ammo conversion into the game, they did not say they'd be based on the ATOM Shop.

As long as there's a baseline version in the game, I don't care if there's an ATOM shop skin for it. The issue with repair kits isn't so much the kit, it's the precedent, and it's heavily dependent on how good/common the Improved Repair Kits are, which drop in-game.

There's reason to say "yeah, no" to this particular point, but that doesn't warrant making shit up about other proposed inclusions.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-04-05 at 09:12 PM.

They haven't said anything of the sort. They've said they're looking into putting fridges and ammo conversion into the game, they did not say they'd be based on the ATOM Shop.

There's reason to say "yeah, no" to this particular point, but that doesn't warrant making shit up about other proposed inclusions.

Wanna bet that this items will be in the cash shop?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/6eQm...DB3j/nojs.html

Repair Items Anytime Using Repair Kits
    Repair Kits are new utility items that will help you spend more time looting and shooting, and less time toiling away at a workbench fixing your gear. We’ve received lots of requests for Repair Kits, and we’re excited to add them in the weeks following Patch 8.
    These will come in two forms: Basic Repair Kits and Improved Repair Kits. Repair Kits cannot be dropped, sold to vendors, or traded with other players.
    Here’s a rundown of how they work, and how you can get a few of your own.

Basic Repair Kits
    Basic Repair Kits are single-use consumables that immediately restore one of the items in your inventory to 100% condition. So long as you have a Repair Kit in your inventory, you can use it to fix up a piece of gear anytime, anywhere, and without spending any of your own crafting materials. Once you’ve got a Repair Kit, open your Pip-boy to find an item you want to repair, hit “Inspect”, select the new “Repair Kit” option, and then leap right back into the action. You can also use Repair Kits at any workbench in your C.A.M.P., at Workshops, or those you find in the world.
    Basic Repair Kits will be unlockable in the Atomic Shop using Atoms you’ve purchased or those you’ve earned for free by completing in-game challenges.

Improved Repair Kits
    You can use Improved Repair Kits in all the same ways as Basic Repair Kits and they are also single-use consumables. However, Improved Kits buff the selected item’s condition up to 150%, giving it an even longer lifespan against the trials of Wasteland combat.
    Improved Repair Kits are rare items that we plan to award to you for free as you take on various types of in-game content. As an example, you will receive them as loot when you take down the Scorchbeast Queen.

Basic Repair Kits in the Atomic Shop
    We read tons of feedback and suggestions from the Fallout 76 community, and Repair Kits were a popular request that we wanted to get into players’ hands. We also felt we could try out something new with these, both in-game and in the Atomic Shop. As we look to the future, we’re exploring ways we can bring other community-driven ideas to the game as well, such as refrigerators for C.A.M.P.s, ammo and food converters, and even the ability to send scrap to your stash without having to head home. Repair Kits are our first attempt at a utility item like this, and we plan to make adjustments based on your feedback, so we hope you’ll share your thoughts with us when they go live later this month.

Yep.....i called it. It wont be cosmetic only. (well Eso has same, but there you can buy it for gold, not just premium currency)
    Nice way to break a promise to players for a shop to be cosmetic only. I guess its time to beat up a dead horse even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It already wasn't, it stopped being cosmetics only when they added those outfits that give you bonus experience or whatever.
    That was a temporary event buff, only applied to group play, and was a buff to HP, a stat so useless most builds run with 1 Endurance and use armor that gives you massive buffs if you're at 20% health remaining all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ah, HP, that was it. No matter how small it might have been, it wasn't a "cosmetic only" anymore...
    It's more that it was a week-long event that wasn't likely to ever come back, that made it "okay" to me.

I don't like these repair kits being on the ATOM shop; it sets a bad precedent that I don't think was set there. I don't even really see the POINT, since I handily meet repair costs for gear as it is, and fully perked, I can repair to 200% (don't have the armor one, but it's my next 3 levels of perks). The ATOM repair kits only repair to 100%, and the Improved, to 150%. My CAMP hasn't cost anything worthwhile to repair, either. I've heard the Decontamination Arch takes a bunch of stable flux, but I've never had that particular plan, and unless people are actively destroying your CAMP (literally never happened to me, ever), it's easy to keep it safe in the first place.

That's my big issue; I don't see the POINT of this. I don't see who would buy it. So why are they bothering? It smells like an attempt to set a precedent.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more that it was a week-long event that wasn't likely to ever come back, that made it "okay" to me.

I don't like these repair kits being on the ATOM shop; it sets a bad precedent that I don't think was set there. I don't even really see the POINT, since I handily meet repair costs for gear as it is, and fully perked, I can repair to 200% (don't have the armor one, but it's my next 3 levels of perks). The ATOM repair kits only repair to 100%, and the Improved, to 150%. My CAMP hasn't cost anything worthwhile to repair, either. I've heard the Decontamination Arch takes a bunch of stable flux, but I've never had that particular plan, and unless people are actively destroying your CAMP (literally never happened to me, ever), it's easy to keep it safe in the first place.

That's my big issue; I don't see the POINT of this. I don't see who would buy it. So why are they bothering? It smells like an attempt to set a precedent.
    Yeah, kinda just seems like they're testing the waters for more goodies. Seeing how much backlash this will get before committing.