Poll: Would you support Lightbound Undead?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    It needs to happen but the models would need to be tons better imo.

<__< still would prefer a Vry'kul though.

Chinese models with Lightforged draenei models. That's what it is. This is why blizz won't implement them
    It was nothing new either. Just reused assets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    It needs to happen but the models would need to be tons better imo.

<__< still would prefer a Vry'kul though.
    If you want vrykuls Kul'Tirans and humans with getting big potions and vrykul mogs are there for you. We already got humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Weallscream View Post
    Chinese models with Lightforged draenei models. That's what it is. This is why blizz won't implement them
    It was nothing new either. Just reused assets.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want vrykuls Kul'Tirans and humans with getting big potions and vrykul mogs are there for you. We already got humans.
    Nah, Vry'kul are different. I want to play the Vry'kul not that.

I think Light infused undead cheapens both the Light and what it means to be undead.

So that's a hard negative for me.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I don't really see it as a horrible or great idea, in the end. They clearly want to make "not entirely decayed humans" more prominent in WoW, considering Nathanos and Derek's models, on top of Calia's lore. I see a lot of people worried about faction pride/identity in this thread - I don't think it would really blur the faction lines at all if they're just supposed to look like Lightforged humans that in lore have died, but show no signs of it. They would just look like Calia does already. But, as Wowhead made them? No, I don't think that would be a great idea. Not only would it be boring as hell, it would piss off players and it wouldn't represent the lore as they've stated it.

I wouldn't hate that as an option in the future if it was crafted into the story of the game a bit more, and a bit more slowly. As it is now, if you haven't read Before the Storm (or read about it online), only getting your lore from the game itself, you'd have no idea what's going on with Calia at all. Suddenly having Lightbound Undead would seem a bit out of the blue. It seems it will be more of a prominent feature in lore, however, considering that Jaina sent Derek to (presumably) Calia and Faol to get the help he needs.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Wowhead posted a really well done April Fools; one of their jokes were Lightbound/forged undead. However, if Blizzard actually did make this race a reality and added them to the Alliance, would you support them or not?
    Why not? You can already be an Undead Holy Priest...not much of a stretch from there....

I don't have any intention of playing alliance past getting the achievement that will allow me to get the pretty horde pony but yeah i think there should be lightbound undead. it would be a great story line as to how the humans accept them into their society. An evolution of the story arc. The undead have their free will. Being raise from the dead doesn't make them sympathetic to the horde unless their will was forced to do so when they were raised.

edited to add... you already have alliance death knights so what's the problem with more undead?
    Last edited by Agera; 2019-04-06 at 07:41 PM.

Undead for alliance, no.

But I would like more undead options, but I am more thinking of a splitoff towards Alliance vs Horde vs Scourge.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lightbound Undead would be an amazing Alliance race, but more along the looks of Derek and Calia/Faol, not the way Wowhead portrayed in their April Fools. This way those clamoring about faction pride etc can still feel unique with their own models vs the ones given to the Alliance. They should also get access to Paladins as a class option and not be able to be Warlocks or Death Knights. This would help further separate them from the Horde Undead.

I agree with another poster about how it would show an evolution of the Humans vs Undead story arcs, which was happening within Before the Storm book as well. A nice progression for sure. It would also give Alliance more "monstrous races" which has been a stated goal by the developers when thinking of which Allied Race themes need shoring up for each faction.

the first allied race i visually like. finally these chinese undead model for the civilized world.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    the first allied race i visually like. finally these chinese undead model for the civilized world.
    For the school shooters world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    No, it would be terrible. What's next? Leper Gnomes for Horde? Lighttouched Elves for Horde? Fel Orcs for Alliance? Darktouched Draenei for Horde? X troll tribe for Alliance? Ugh, this kind of dwindling of faction differences is terrible. More so, it's just ridiculous. "Lightbound UNDEAD".
    Leper Gnomes for horde will be the best thing happen to wow since 2004

I would take almost anything over mechagon gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Kinda what I see happening. If this happens, I think they'll be Horde side too. I think after BfA there will a change in management at the top of the Forsaken leadership and I suspect Calia may play a part in that. I also think that her being part of the Horde leadership will play a role in limited interfaction play in the future.
    Why would Calia who is loyal to Blondie Boy (even moreso than Pet Cow) become the forsaken leader and part of the Horde? The majority of the forsaken are evil leaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, it's bad enough as it is that the Forsaken are trying to be humanized and sympathetic. They are an aberration as it is. They are a Legion by product and an offshoot from the Scourge. What freewill or independence they have, allow them to remain dark and foreboding. The more sinister the better. Trying to rationalise sympathy for them doesn't work.

Better off keeping them a fringe race, untrustworthy, sinister. Keep them bitter , twisted and resentful. It adds far more fear to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Undead for alliance, no.

But I would like more undead options, but I am more thinking of a splitoff towards Alliance vs Horde vs Scourge.
    To be fair, i think the Forsaken should start pushing the idea of ressurection to the rest of the Horde races, i mean... if it worked with the Alliance to make a full blown group of people who fought for the end of the world just for eternal life (with no will), then i can see the horde accepting this kind of thing slowly (Some races would not think about it much -Looking at you Goblins)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why would Calia who is loyal to Blondie Boy (even moreso than Pet Cow) become the forsaken leader and part of the Horde? The majority of the forsaken are evil leaning.
    Mostly to facilitate inter-faction grouping for end game content. WoW is old and it's player base is dwindling, I suspect some leeway regarding grouping may be in the offing. Not that I think they'll do away with factions, but perhaps they'll relax grouping in certain end game play styles. Anyway, it'd help if the leadership of both factions are headed by more magnanimous leaders, like Calia, Baine, Saurfang, etc... The Alliance leadership is already there, most being Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral types that it would make sense to forgive, if not forget, and move on provided Sylvanas is gone. She's the main sticking point, and maybe to a lesser extent Genn, and Tyrande if Sylvanas some how makes it through BfA still in a Horde leadership role.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It's a neat concept but one that needs to be fleshed out (ha!)

There has to be a really compelling aesthetic and niche for them to separate themselves from basic Forsaken. The last thing I want to see is them being a flashy mirror of a Horde race ala Void Elves.

Gilneans and Kul Tirans were really well done. They have unique accents and aesthetics, they have strong cultures, and they have really interesting supernatural connections that help define them. You really get a feel of their culture, whereas Lightforged and Void Elves feel like afterthoughts.

I think having a race represent Lordaeron would be fantastic, but I want them to do it right or not do it at all. Simple Light-based Forsaken is too basic. I think they need stronger hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Mostly to facilitate inter-faction grouping for end game content. WoW is old and it's player base is dwindling, I suspect some leeway regarding grouping may be in the offing. Not that I think they'll do away with factions, but perhaps they'll relax grouping in certain end game play styles. Anyway, it'd help if the leadership of both factions are headed by more magnanimous leaders, like Calia, Baine, Saurfang, etc... The Alliance leadership is already there, most being Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral types that it would make sense to forgive, if not forget, and move on provided Sylvanas is gone. She's the main sticking point, and maybe to a lesser extent Genn, and Tyrande if Sylvanas some how makes it through BfA still in a Horde leadership role.
    That just isn't as fun as what the forsaken have been portrayed as from vanilla through Cata.