Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how does reforging allow played to obtain their desired gear alot faster?
    all it does is allow players to take random peices and go "eh i will reforge it to be better"

also idk if you know but reforging was super minor, like... really minor, the literal only reason it was there was to optimize hit/expertise, but it did work for other stats, the amount of stats you got to switch was pretty pitiful.

also you do know reforging was only around for 2 expansions right? this was not some pinacle mechanic that had always been in the game, it was introduced to fix a problem, and once that problem was removed, was no longer needed
    Well, right now i have about 3-4 420 and 425 items in my bags, but i still use my 400's instead because for some classes secondary stats are more important than primary one, any questions? Reforing will always be needed, because it's more than obvious that different classes require different secondary stats to operate optimally and it's just a tool to reduce an effect of massive rng and huge disappointment

To answer your question about hit/experice, i absolutely loved minmaxing that particular aspect of the game, you didn't have everything handed to you, like you have now. That was the whole process of having least amount of extra secondary stat points in hit and expertise, you'd work around your items and you'd finally end up with perfectly balanced gear for your current ilvl and that was actually satisfying ( for me at least ). Now ? "hmm i have 400 ilvl wrist with perfect secondary stats... but i just looted tf 425 wrist... and thanks for the free veiled crystal, because fuck you and fuck your class requirements
    Last edited by Chillside; 2019-04-06 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Well, right now i have about 3-4 420 and 425 items in my bags, but i still use my 400's instead because for some classes secondary stats are more important than primary one, any questions? Reforing will always be needed, because it's more than obvious that different classes require different secondary stats to operate optimally and it's just a tool to reduce an effect of massive rng and huge disappointment
    Exactly.

When you got a Mastery trinket but had a good proc for your class you could re roll a bit of it to Crit or Haste.

But of course Reforging would mess with Blizzards "MUH DIABLO 3 RNG" philosophy so don't expect to see it any time soon.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-06 at 05:54 PM.

hmmm? i would love to see a single class that 425's are weaker then 400's

also idk if you know, but reforging did not change 100% of a stat, it only changed a small amount, so no those 425's would not suddenly be better then your 400's if this is true.
    its only 40% of one stat

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly.

When you got a Mastery trinket but had a good proc for your class you could re roll it to Crit or Haste.

But of course Reforging would mess with Blizzards "MUH DIABLO 3 RNG" philosophy so don't expect to see it any time soon.
    You know what i don't actually understand? It's totally fine if some people don't care about reforging and titanforging, they don't think it's an issue and they don't have a problem with it, they view it as a random pleasant surprise to casuals and stuff like that, fine.. but why are they against the change then? like if you truly don't care, why are you against the change which wouldn't hurt anybody, but probably give another reason to keep playing for players who's been here for more than a decade. I don't wanna sound like one of those "I'm just waiting for classic" guys, but i am... and i've been here since the times when alterac valley still wasn't in the game

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    1 mil subs seems optimistic

Interview was just another big pile of nothing that did not adress a single immportant issue in the game, as always.
    Well, thats kinda pessmistic

You know what i don't actually understand? It's totally fine if some people don't care about reforging and titanforging, they don't think it's an issue and they don't have a problem with it, they view it as a random pleasant surprise to casuals and stuff like that, fine.. but why are they against the change then? like if you truly don't care, why are you against the change which wouldn't hurt anybody, but probably give another reason to keep playing for players who's been here for more than a decade. I don't wanna sound like one of those "I'm just waiting for classic" guys, but i am... and i've been here since the times when alterac valley still wasn't in the game
    Don't worry buddy. I imagine the majority of people are waiting for Classic right now so they can go back to a proper RPG.

WoW is more an ARPG looter game like Diablo these days.

Some people are against good changes because to them the game is perfect and does absolutely nothing wrong I guess? It's a shame but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

hmmm? i would love to see a single class that 425's are weaker then 400's

also idk if you know, but reforging did not change 100% of a stat, it only changed a small amount, so no those 425's would not suddenly be better then your 400's if this is true.
    its only 40% of one stat
    I'm still using 400 belt with the gam in it while having 420 one in my bag, 405 ring WITHOUT the gem and 425 one in the bag ( this is whole another problem of not having primary stats on rings ), 415 wrist and 425 one in the bags, 415 feet and 425 ones in the bag, you can check my armory, signature is an armory link

I'm still using 400 belt with the game in it while having 420 one in my bag, 405 ring WITHOUT the gem and 425 one in the bag ( this is whole another problem of not having primary stats on rings ), 415 wrist and 425 one in the bags, 415 feet and 425 ones in the bag, you can check my armory, signature is an armory link
    Remember when gear came with sockets?

Oh wait they still do but it's been moved to the RNG aspect.....

Don't worry buddy. I imagine the majority of people are waiting for Classic right now so they can go back to a proper RPG.

WoW is more an ARPG looter game like Diablo these days.

Some people are against good changes because to them the game is perfect and does absolutely nothing wrong I guess? It's a shame but that's the way it is I'm afraid.
    Idk, we're being viewed as a "loud minority" so.. i don't think there is much we can about that

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when gear came with sockets?

Oh wait they still do but it's been moved to the RNG aspect.....
    ugly truth

I'm still using 400 belt with the gam in it while having 420 one in my bag, 405 ring WITHOUT the gem and 425 one in the bag ( this is whole another problem of not having primary stats on rings ), 415 wrist and 425 one in the bags, 415 feet and 425 ones in the bag, you can check my armory, signature is an armory link
    can you link me the higher ilvl items you have that you havnt equipped?
    their names and ilvl

so 420 belt
    425 ring
    425 wrist
    425 boots

also yes your belt is stronger because it has a socket, and a socket is worth 15 ilvl, so 5 ilvl difference with difference of BIS stats sure
    boots is only 10 ilvl again.

and again reforging would simply make it "that thing that is only abit worse, is now abit better"
    which comes with the issue of "oh this item is bad for me here you can- oh wait i can reforge it, nvm"

the issue with reforging is it EVEN MORE removes BIS by
    "Oh hey you BIS is this item? weeeeeellll I need it cause i can reforge it to be better for me so.."

- - - Updated - - -

Idk, we're being viewed as a "loud minority" so.. i don't think there is much we can about that

- - - Updated - - -

ugly truth
    also i find it funnty you talk about these.
    when vanilla had no reforging, and no gems.

- - - Updated - - -

ugly truth
    Man I can't wait to try Classic. I never played it so it should be an awesome experience for me. Least if I see a piece of gear drop I know it's that piece of gear and it doesn't rely on any RNG bullcrap outside of the drop.

vanilla had no reforging, and no gems.
    yeh, but noone had gems in vanilla, now luck determines gem slot, because... again, there is no more reforge to make up for that rng

yeh, but noone had gems in vanilla, now luck determines gem slot, because... again, there is no more reforge to make up for that rng
    because reforging would just make things worse, people would take itrems they donjt really need, and it wouldnt stop rng of "this is my BIS"

because reforging would just make things worse, people would take itrems they donjt really need, and it wouldnt stop rng of "this is my BIS"
    upgrade would always be an upgrade.. which is how it's supposed to be

no it wouldnt, cause somethign that is 5 ilvl higher but has the 2 worse stats for you still wouldnt be an upgrade, cause 1 stat able to swap 40% would not be enough. also higher ilvl has NEVER meant "100% upgrade"

back in vanilla and tbc a ring of +frost damage that gave plus 100 frost damage, is not an upgrade for my +10 shadow damage ring cause its hgiher.

This.

And upgrades weren't necessarily about just doing the highest difficulty of content. There were outliers which were fun to get.