Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What other company uses the term quarters when speaking to their customers?
    Those more concerned about $ than

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Fall is hemisphere specific. Quarter 3 2019, most people understand to be "in the third quarter of 2019"

Also not everyone refers to Fall (must be an North American thing?), you guys over there are weirdos that still use imperial measurements :P
    Base 12/base 60 is the objectively superior system once you no longer have to count on your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is a damn shame ESO doesn't get more coverage here. I mean this is "MMO Champion" after all.

Seriously cover the other 3 big ones being ESO, FF14 and GW2 because right now with the state WoW is in they are all giving it some needed competition.
    Someone pinged me and let me know that an interesting GW2 update was posted. I read it, agreed it was worth a mention, and posted it. No one pings me about ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Someone pinged me and let me know that an interesting GW2 update was posted. I read it, agreed it was worth a mention, and posted it. No one pings me about ESO.
    Honestly man you need to shut down some sub forums here (no offence but some get literally zero to none activity) and allow a new one (just one) for ESO. There really is huge interest for it.

Also new expansion the way this summer so there.

Honestly Chaud I know you've said the forum needs tidying up and now would be a good time to do it imo.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly man you need to shut down some sub forums here (no offence but some get literally zero to none activity) and allow a new one (just one) for ESO. There really is huge interest for it.

Also new expansion the way this summer so there.

Honestly Chaud I know you've said the forum needs tidying up and now would be a good time to do it imo.

Agree.

Star Wars ToR
    ESO
    Guild Wars 2
    WoW
    Final Fantasy XIV

Are the big 5 in MMO Eso is pretty much place 3 after FF and WoW :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Since the initial release of the original game they barely added new things to pvp, or at least things that really mattered. It's been what 7? years, in that time maybe there was a period of half a year to one year, when they seriously focused on pvp in early HoT. I'm sure they've experimented with lots of things, such as Stronghold & much earlier on Courtyard, but these were ultimately failures of massive proportions. I'm fairly confident that less than 15% of the development went into pvp over the years & less than half of that was content that was well received. One of the main problems with Anet is that despite having so many employees they really suck at making content (quantity wise), it's like they are only playing DnD in the office for ehm science.
    I can't believe someone said GW2 is a pvp focused game. The game has no focus whatsoever. It has been in a bad state for a while because they haven't been producing enough content. Out of the lackluster content they do produce there is no replayability. It's practically on maintenance mode with a map and 2 hours of story update every 4+ months.

The only thing that is actively updated and changed every week is the store. Players who do actively play defend it zealously because they're mostly whales who spend more than they would in a subscription based game.

WoW is not in a good state either right now, but at least it maintains a steady (albeit low quality currently) stream of content that GW2 hasn't had for the past 2 or 3 years. Anet haven't even been working on another expansion.

People are ignoring the fact that they made that post on the future of GW2 because they have basically been doing nothing but twiddling their thumbs and experimenting on failed projects while leaving GW2 in the dust. They didn't fire a load of developers for no reason.

Who ever said that GW2 stole players from WOW must be crazy the game is terrible, i mean is worst that wow by far.

ESO and FF14 are the only real competion to wow at the moment.

What about Black Desert? Best looking MMO. ESO looks like pure trash.

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    What about Black Desert? Best looking MMO. ESO looks like pure trash.
    BDO is P2W garbage like most Korean MMOs are.

Again. Realistic graphics don't mean squat. Loads of games have proven that they don't.

No bloody contest.

The culture shock I got from when I started GW2 was insane. It's a much friendlier community all round.

- - - Updated - - -

Is a damn shame ESO doesn't get more coverage here. I mean this is "MMO Champion" after all.

Seriously cover the other 3 big ones being ESO, FF14 and GW2 because right now with the state WoW is in they are all giving it some needed competition.
    Except none of us really know how much competition they are giving WoW. Every site you go to that claims ESO and FF have “X” number of players also add caveats that those number also include things such as alts, bots, etc.
    I’m not saying they aren’t competition, but to act like they are huge fompetitors when no one knows is as misleading as the article headline “ESO approaches 3 million users.”
    Blizzard not publishing numbers anymore isn’t a reflection of how bad/good it’s doing, it’s a reflection of how they aren’t misleading audience members. It may be bad, it may be better than people think. For sure the game is on a decline and has been for a long time. No one can deny that. The game still seems to be going strong and still has, what seems, like a large amount of people playing:

Ballon pets really? They couldn't put more effort into making something better?

Agreed. WoW isn't a "champion" of anything anymore. I would love to see more coverage of the other big MMOs out there. Shadowbringers is coming out soon, hope to see some news on MMO-champ then.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Guild wars 2 could have been such an amazing game if they put the focus where it actually mattered. Pve. The full pvp focus in that game and black desert online is what killed those games
    Wtfreak are you talking about? Full focus on PvP? You obviously never played the game. The main focus is on the story. And the PvP which is amazing is an alternative form of play. Pull your head out and dont post just to look at yourself chat

GW2 does a lot of things right. It's beautiful, professions are a lot better done than WoW's, they have no world pvp while leveling so nobody bothers anyone, there's no competition for farming nodes and everyone can mine / gather, world quests add people around automatically (so no need for addons or manually searching), their reagent tab has slots for everything and is for all chars and so on.
    It does devalue group play in a way, but I didn't find this to be an issue. The only thing it doesn't do is make it easy for new players to take part in raids and dungeons. Best gear is crafted and most people playing it already have it. There's really no reason to bother yourself with a new player unless he's your friend and really want him to play with you.