Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Can anybody remember the reason we were given for going to time release rep grinds?

I finally pulled the plug on the Zandalari rep grind. I thought one of my kids would see it through on his charactor, but he said screw it too.

I miss the days I used to tell my wife I am going to need 72 hours, no interuptions and the coffee maker moved to my desk. I would take a few days, play for an ultra marathon and bang it out with a few friends doing the same.

Now you have to log on everyday, get your little pittance of quests, do them and then nothing else, no possible way to grind rep.

After reading the PC Gamer article I am left shaking my head. Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like they remove things from the game people enjoy so they don't get used to gameplay they enjoy? Did I read it wrong?
    Current Devs don't like the RPG aspects of the game. They got rid of sockets/enchants on gear because they wanted you to "save time" and be able to just equip it, completely skipping the RPG part of doing things to your items to improve them. They got rid of talents because they were "boring" and "redundant", instead of letting a core element of RPG be part of WoW.

Same goes for reputations. They actually don't really exist anymore. You do world quest and just get the rep by doing anything. Targeting the reps you want and which you don't care about isn't an option anymore. Going to NPCs and picking up the right quests is too much of a hassle. Grinding certain mobs or doing certain instances is too much of a hassle. Too much RPG.

They don't want you to choose stuff you want, they make you do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Current Devs don't like the RPG aspects of the game. They got rid of sockets/enchants on gear because they wanted you to "save time" and be able to just equip it, completely skipping the RPG part of doing things to your items to improve them. They got rid of talents because they were "boring" and "redundant", instead of letting a core element of RPG be part of WoW.

Same goes for reputations. They actually don't really exist anymore. You do world quest and just get the rep by doing anything. Targeting the reps you want and which you don't care about isn't an option anymore. Going to NPCs and picking up the right quests is too much of a hassle. Grinding certain mobs or doing certain instances is too much of a hassle. Too much RPG.

They don't want you to choose stuff you want, they make you do what they want.
    This. Devs stopped caring about this game and making a game for the players a long time ago. Sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    OP, you now understand what we mean when we say things like "Blizzard found something that we have fun with in game? Better remove it!"
    yes I do....

Again missing the point here. THE REP GRIND IS FINE... What is not fine is saying you can only earn a few points a day. A player who plays 20 hours over a weekend should not have a rep grind that is 300% longer than a player who only puts in 20 to 30 minutes everyday.
    The raids are fine, what is not fine i saying you can only kill each boss once a week, a player who played 50 hours a month over 1 week, should not have have a gearing process that is 300% longer then a player who only puts 5 hours a week

yeah there is time gating all over the game, has always been

I actually want to point out how extremely bad reputations are.

Right now you just go into a zone, a random objective pops up and you don't even know who you're doing it for. You're just doing it. You're not interacting with anyone. Not with other players, not with NPCs. You're completely isolated and do whatever is told you to do.
    Then you get a reward out of nowhere. It pops up and is in your inventory. Still, you don't know who you where doing it for or who gave you the rewards.

It's terrible. Utter bullshit. Yes, it might be convenient but it completely destroys any immersion that's left.

Going to a certain place in a certain zone to do certain things for certain people, that's what reputations are supposed to be. Just like the netherwing thing. Just like any rep in TBC. Fuck this world quest trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    It's like this: Why would I keep playing to get to the final boss of a game that sucks? The problem isn't that I want rewards for not playing the game. The problem is I want playing the game for those rewards to be fun / challenging, not just a bunch of time-wasting chores.

No other game fans think like this. "Oh you didn't like Star Wars battle front 2 because you want to play darth vader, and you don't want to play as a shitty trooper for 30 days real time to unlock it? what entitlement amirite?" -- this shit made them the most downvoted post in reddit history, but WoW fans do this daily.

Seriously, the stockholm syndrome of wow community is astounding.
    There has to be a certain effort vs reward balance though. I don't think getting exalted with any faction in the game takes the 30 days actually played time like the star wars example. Certainly not the BFA world quest factions.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    I actually want to point out how extremely bad reputations are.

Right now you just go into a zone, a random objective pops up and you don't even know who you're doing it for. You're just doing it. You're not interacting with anyone. Not with other players, not with NPCs. You're completely isolated and do whatever is told you to do.
    Then you get a reward out of nowhere. It pops up and is in your inventory. Still, you don't know who you where doing it for or who gave you the rewards.

It's terrible. Utter bullshit. Yes, it might be convenient but it completely destroys any immersion that's left.

Going to a certain place in a certain zone to do certain things for certain people, that's what reputations are supposed to be. Just like the netherwing thing. Just like any rep in TBC. Fuck this world quest trash.
    Exactly.

Dailies in MoP led into the story.

Golden Lotus rep farming you learnt more about the Vale and a bit about the Mogu.
    Lorewalkers was literally Lore from rep.
    Shieldwall you had The Purge of Dalaran.

And so on. MoPs reps were good because they were easy to farm, could be done efficiently and had story tied to them as a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    There has to be a certain effort vs reward balance though. I don't think getting exalted with any faction in the game takes the 30 days actually played time like the star wars example. Certainly not the BFA world quest factions.
    it took me just under 30 days to get exalted with them all.
    i didnt do all the world quests
    i didnt know of contracts
    there was no darkmoon/bonus rep event
    i was busy moving for a week
    there was less quests, and no invasions (5 extra world quests per day, that also give a large chunk of extra rep)
    no warfronts for daily extra rep+extra world quests

so these days getting them all in under 30 days is EZ.

and with TWO warfronts now, its EVEN FASTER to get 7th legion/honorbound

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Still don't get it why they removed rep rewards from dungeons...
    Because they are worthless bunch of slobs.

edit: ^ I meant about devs.

Again missing the point here. THE REP GRIND IS FINE... What is not fine is saying you can only earn a few points a day. A player who plays 20 hours over a weekend should not have a rep grind that is 300% longer than a player who only puts in 20 to 30 minutes everyday.
    Again:

You can run an infinite number of island expeditions for infinite amounts of rep tokens. Your desired method is IN THE GAME. What are you still trying to discuss here?

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Please stop with these stupid threads about reputation. Reputations are thousand times easier to get than previous expansions (even Legion). Zandalar was my first exalted reputation too (after Horde expedition) ... You don't even have to "grind", just play the game semi-regularly and voila...

If you stay subbed only bacause you "have to spend x time to get exalted", just stop playing. Is wow a job or game for you ? No one forces you to play. Even if it took 6 months to get something, that doesn't mean I would stay subbed 6 month if the content is not fun... Your logic is flawed
    Answer me this?

Why should someone who plays WOW 20 hours a week, who wants an allied race have to wait 6 months when the player who plays 3 hours a week can get it in a couple of months?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Again:

You can run an infinite number of island expeditions for infinite amounts of rep tokens. Your desired method is IN THE GAME. What are you still trying to discuss here?
    Didn't see that initially, thank you for the information. I will look into this. THanks!

Answer me this?

Why should someone who plays WOW 20 hours a week, who wants an allied race have to wait 6 months when the player who plays 3 hours a week can get it in a couple of months?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't see that initially, thank you for the information. I will look into this. THanks!
    Lol. Earning Doubloons is snails pace mate even with the recent changes.

Doesn't help Islands are boring as hell so they attempt to funnel people into it with rep tokens. And it's a piddly 250 rep too. So to get just 1k rep you need 400 Doubloons.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You mean Cataclysm? Because that's the only time I can remember where you could "take a few days, play for an ultra marathon."
    MoP had it too with the "Champion" choice. Technically, Warlords too since you could just hard grind the rep by killing mobs endlessly. Every expansion prior to Cata as well had a way to sit down and grind it out in a day or less if you were willing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

wow thanks for sharing

To be honest I found the rep grinds pretty easy in BfA. If you are doing the emissary and some WQs it really doesn’t take long. Especially if you use a contract for your rep focus..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    MoP had it too with the "Champion" choice. Technically, Warlords too since you could just hard grind the rep by killing mobs endlessly. Every expansion prior to Cata as well had a way to sit down and grind it out in a day or less if you were willing.
    As others have said, you literally couldn’t. This is false information. There are always reps that you could not grind out.

The worst expansion for reputations was WoD - no quests, no world quests, just a constant grind. Forgive me if I have little sympathy that the OP wishes to return to they absolute mess just so he can get his reward ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    As others have said, you literally couldn’t. This is false information. There are always reps that you could not grind out.

The worst expansion for reputations was WoD - no quests, no world quests, just a constant grind. Forgive me if I have little sympathy that the OP wishes to return to they absolute mess just so he can get his reward ASAP.
    As someone who's been playing since the beginning, almost every rep, leading up to Legion, was grindable and Exalted obtainable within a couple days. There were VERY few exceptions to this, but the majority of them were grindable.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Can anybody remember the reason we were given for going to time release rep grinds?
    They've been in the game since Vanilla...

Answer me this?

- - - Updated - - -

Question, why should someone who plays 200 hours a month have to take a couple months to finish the raid, that a player who plays 20 hours a month can do in a couple weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Guys, what are you all talking about.

You can easily grind reputation all day long if you want to, there is an option: island expeditions.

You can buy those little shrines or whatever tokens for island dubloons that you can turn in for reputation. Technically infinite grind possibility. Nobody knows this?

Edit: It's even easier now as you're guaranteed one sack of dubloons at the end of every run.
    100 for a tiny bit repu

wow

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    100 for a tiny bit repu

wow
    It's like 6-10 Doubloons per run lol.

So it's 10-17 runs depending on luck lol.... for 250 fucking rep.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-07 at 02:07 AM.