The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, that bamboozled me. People usually claim that old talent system offered more choice.
    Well, some specs had different builds but one of them was dominant most of the time anyway. Old talents system was just more fun to deal with while leveling and it made the game feel more like an rpg.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, that bamboozled me. People usually claim that old talent system offered more choice.
    Because getting a point every level to spend was more RPG like than every 15 levels.

Not to mention the fact we've had 2 expansions without a new row.

The current talent system is good but there are lots of classes with boring/useless choices, and they should add at least 1 row every expansion, to give us something new for the class like they did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are dead.

We've had this discussion a billion times over, how many more times do we have to repeat this cycle of suffering?
    It's an eternal cycle, Arafal. You can't escape it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It's an eternal cycle, Arafal. You can't escape it.
    I will and i shall.

Even if it costs me my soul!

I will and i shall.

Even if it costs me my soul!
    What have you done? Where is my favourite flying bison?! WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOONE TO HIIIIM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being dead is little more then your physical influence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What have you done? Where is my favourite flying bison?! WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOONE TO HIIIIM?
    Well, i said it would cost me my soul didn't i?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-06 at 09:29 PM.

Well, i said it would cost me my soul didn't i?
    I'll find it. I'll find it and I'll bring that motherducking bison back to life.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When we believe the "leak" for 8.2 (which pretty much got most things right) 8.3 won't be what we expect. And players expect N'zoth somehow so that won't be it. To have N'zoth this expansion would be such a waste for the last living Old God...
    They won't expect ANOTHER evil Warchief!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When we believe the "leak" for 8.2 (which pretty much got most things right) 8.3 won't be what we expect. And players expect N'zoth somehow so that won't be it. To have N'zoth this expansion would be such a waste for the last living Old God...
    Dragon Isles seems to obvious at this point too. Maybe Lich King 2.0 with a revamped Icecrown zone or something? I have no idea at this point. Its exciting not knowing where we are going. I prefer when Blizzard doesnt tell us who the final boss is. Im hoping Azshara escapes her raid and is at least the final boss of this xpac, or lasts until next xpac. Be a massive waste of a character to kill her off in an 8 boss mid tier raid. Though I suppose it was a waste to also kill Kilhjaeden. I feel like he should have been the final boss of Legion, with Guldan as the final boss of Tomb maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

They are dead.

We've had this discussion a billion times over, how many more times do we have to repeat this cycle of suffering?
    I mean sure they are dead now. But I'm 100% sure blizzard will revive at least some of them at some point in the next 50 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Well, some specs had different builds but one of them was dominant most of the time anyway. Old talents system was just more fun to deal with while leveling and it made the game feel more like an rpg.
    I kind of want a hybrid of the two.

Made this is like 2 mins in paint. I know it looks terrible, but every level you get a point and you have to spend 5 in a row to move on. You can spend as many as you want in any row, but until you spend 5 in each row you cant advance to the next. The number of rows I made was random, but im thinking with 130 levels you would have 12 rows and then have another 10 levels worth of points you could go back to spend.

You start getting points at level 10 and every level after that. It would be a lot easier if they squshed too.

With a level cap of 70 next xpac, they could do a new prime talent at 10,20,30,40,50,60,70. At level 11+ you get a minor talent point evey level. You would have a total of maybe 10 rows with 5 needed in each row to adcance which would take you to level 60 maxing out the final row, and then having 10 points you wanted to put anywhere you missed afterwords.

These points would be simple things like 1% hp, 1% crit, 5% fireball damage, Fireball casts 3% faster and they would stack. Just something to make you feel like you are getting stronger every level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    Who said the previous old gods were actually dead? Sure we killed a piece of their physical form, but I don't think they are actually dead. The titans tried and failed. You can only lock them away. You can't kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya the old talent tree actually gave you something every time you leveled up. And now 120 levels and only 7 talents. In my opinion that isn't fun. Which is why leveling to me is boring now and doesn't offer any intrinsic rewards.
    I agree which is why I propsed the above. Still have 5-8 prime talent rows for every 10-15 levels, but every level you get to advance your character in minor ways. Have them side by side on an enlarged talent tree. For this to work, you character would have to start out pretty weak, but mobs could be weakened until like 20 so that it doesnt feel too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this implies at least an early planning for a talent rework in 9.0
    We've had this talent system since what, mop?

It's probably due for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    We've had this talent system since what, mop?

It's probably due for it.
    Im fine with keeping the current talents. Just give us the old tree back with the big points removed since we have it as the current talents. Now you get a prime talent every 10-20 levels, and a minor talent point every level.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW im Deathwing now since im Insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Another quick off topic. Apparently, I have posted on average 5 and a half times a day for the past 8 years. That's crazy.

Carry on.

Why is it that noone mentions in these levelling redux topics the fact that you get upgrades to your abilities every second or third level or so. Recently levelled a druid, and i got an upgrade to something, or a new ability at least every 3 levels. Sure it is not each level, but why is it that noone argues using this?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They also intended for their to be at least a 1 month gap longer due to wanting 8.1 to hit later than 7.1. Id say they originially intended for 8.2 to release in Late April/early May, So they are probably about 6 weeks behind schedule. I think this is all going to sort itself out. Hopefully this means 2 months less at the end of the expansion, and the next xpac comes out at a similar time to BFA.

In a perfect world this is what I think the patch schedule should look like until 9.0.

8.2 ptr- April 4th
    8.2 live- June 25th. Longer ptr time to gopefully get the AP revamp right.
    8.2.5 ptr- July 11th
    Azshara raid live- July 16th
    8.2.5 live- September 10th
    8.3 ptr- September 24th
    8.3 live- December 10th
    8.3 raid- January 21st
    8.3.5 ptr February 6th
    9.0 Alpha- February 27th
    8.3.5 live- March 31st
    9.0 beta- April 26th
    9.0 prepatch ptr- June 8th
    Prepatch release- September 1st
    9.0 release- September 29th

Gives them 27 weeks between Alpha and the prepatch going live. So realistically about 20 weeks until thye have to stop making major changes. 5 months of hard testing would do 9.0 well imo. Almost 7 months of testing should make the next xpac less buggy/more polished.

Also only around 9 months of the final tier. Only problem is its 10.5 months of the final zone which sucks, but still better than Argus-bfa live which was 12 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'd rather them push back 8.3 to Jan and a 9.0 release date to October 2020 imo. 8.2 looks good and it would give them more time to develop 8.3.
    Why Would they release 8.2.5 at 11th July the Aszhara raid 16th July when classic comes out the 16th July?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Why Would they release 8.2.5 at 11th July the Aszhara raid 16th July when classic comes out the 16th July?
    Who said classic comes out July 16th? I think classic will be launching in early August. Just enough time to keep subs boosted after tha 8.2 patch. 8.2.5 and classic keeping subs relatively high until 8.3 later that year or early 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why is it that noone mentions in these levelling redux topics the fact that you get upgrades to your abilities every second or third level or so. Recently levelled a druid, and i got an upgrade to something, or a new ability at least every 3 levels. Sure it is not each level, but why is it that noone argues using this?
    That largely is true until the 40s or so, but after that its rather barren for the remaining 60-80 levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus obviously, I was wrong. Ptr didn't release on the 4th. I think its incredibly likely that the ptr releases this coming week though. Most of my dates could come true. I'd bet my life that no date is off by more than 4-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That largely is true until the 40s or so, but after that its rather barren for the remaining 60-80 levels.
    Maybe it was just for Feral, but i noticed i got abilities steadily up until 70, at least. Just find it weird that noone brings up the stead ystream of abilities, and more importantly, the fact that spells are still technically ranked, You just do not notice at max level.

I do agree that a system like the artifacts would do wonders for levelling while keeping max level completely free of the annoying min-maxing of near meaningless buffs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic at 16th July is already confirmed by Blizzard. Search it up online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry to say you are wrong. Nice try though. They said its still confirmed for release this summer though. Im not even saying that it wont happen, but not a single blizzard developer has outright said July 16th, so no its not confirmed. Any other date is just tinfoil hat theory at best.

Totally Bull****: if classic was released really on 16th July, do you believe that it would not be announced on mmo-champion? It doesn't matter what any other site says; if it was really confirmed to be released on this date, we would surely have already known it here.