Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaruu View Post
    kicked out island expedition 2 times in a row by same guys 1h deserter
    join as healer in island expedition got kiked 30 min deserter buf 30 min later same guys instant kiked me
    they both same realm this happens all the time in dungeon when people play as party
    If you go in as a healer, and the team isn't playing around: You're going to get kicked A LOT

I don't kick healers because.. well I carry people a lot - but when my back is bleeding and someone else votes it first, I would probably just agree with the kick

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yup, like I posted on the previous page, there has to be more accountability for vote kick abuse. 2 players just makes it too easy and they get hit with that fat 30 minute debuff. If someone wants to troll someone else really badly, this is like the most effective way in game-right now, until there's people being actioned for it, and then that'll scare em off from doing it as much.

In the past, there were other low-hanging fruit ways of trolling, like instant queueing into Tortos and starting the encounter with the bat trash still up. This is like the new thing right now.
    CS:GO has a good system in place. If you get kicked in CS:GO, you receive a temporary ban. If you keep getting kicked, the length of ban increases up until a week. But at the same time, there is a hidden counter that increases for the kicker as well. That means, if you keep kicking people, you will eventually get 30 min ban, and if you insist kicking people, you will eventually get a one week ban.

This may not be applicable to WoW directly, but I think both ends of a kick receiving punishment is a good starting point. If you keep voting "yes" or initiating vote kicks, you get deserter debuf as well and you can be auto-kicked as well.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2019-04-07 at 01:29 PM.

Pretty pathetic if they kicked you in an IE just for being a healer.

But the community in this game is absolutely vile. I mean people literally kick each other from dungeons for and I quote one reason "teh luls".

You have to be doing something that is pretty dumb to be kicked out of an LFG auto grouping thing.

You say you were kicked out 2x in a row - that means of the 4 people you encountered, 4 thought you were shit enough or annoying enough to kick.

Its probably not because you were healing, but because you were doing nothing as a healer. If you queue as a healer you're basically saying "i'm doing the brainless job" - thats annoying enough, as you're already carrying them, but when they just stand there healing you at full hp rather than mining or opening chests, yeah. Thats an instant kick.

I would kick you too, OP.

Reflect on why that is and change as a person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean people literally kick each other from dungeons for and I quote one reason "teh luls".
    r/thathappened

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You have to be doing something that is pretty dumb to be kicked out of an LFG auto grouping thing.

You say you were kicked out 2x in a row - that means of the 4 people you encountered, 4 thought you were shit enough or annoying enough to kick.

Its probably not because you were healing, but because you were doing nothing as a healer. If you queue as a healer you're basically saying "i'm doing the brainless job" - thats annoying enough, as you're already carrying them, but when they just stand there healing you at full hp rather than mining or opening chests, yeah. Thats an instant kick.

I would kick you too, OP.

Reflect on why that is and change as a person.

- - - Updated - - -

r/thathappened
    There are literally people who abuse the kick system in this game for the fun of it. But sure let's pretend the community is sunshine and rainbows when it's factually known it's one of the worst out there alongside League and Dota.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The elitism has even reached Casual Expeditions? Wow. I guess all I could say is if you want to have a good time then do it with friends as anything you leave at the mercy of this game's community runs a high risk of being turned to shit.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    The elitism has even reached Casual Expeditions? Wow. I guess all I could say is if you want to have a good time then do it with friends as anything you leave at the mercy of this game's community runs a high risk of being turned to shit.
    I mean people were kicking each other back in ToT LFR for wearing store helms.

People just abuse the kick system like mad in this game and it's sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I haven't even tried pvp island expeditions yet, how are they in your opinion?
    they are very good, they are actuallty super fun because the enemy players are actually a threat, and so it has so much more startergy of "do we farm or do we hunt them down to kill them during a rare, then steal the rare?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

r/thathappened
    yeah dont listen to the dude, he is a hardcore liar. look to signature for proof.
    then claiming wow kick system is as toxic as league and dota, nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I haven't even tried pvp island expeditions yet, how are they in your opinion?
    Much more fun than the PvE ones since there is an actual chance of losing if the opponents are good. You also get your weekly expedition azerite cap with only 2 wins AND you get 100 Conquest on top of that. You can also farm more conq/AP from them too if you want to do more than the weekly cap.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Island expeditions are stupid anyway. I’ve been kicked for being a fresh 120. I also kicked people for being fresh 120s. I’ve been kicked for “branching off” from the group. The players straight up ignored massive azerite nodes so I went and mined them.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Had a shaman healer yesterday that did literally nothing all expedition, I asked him to just use whatever damage abilities he had, cause even as a healer you have some damage abilities, he wouldn't even do that... couldn't kick him coz the other guy kept declining... we almost lost the expedition because of that. Was grouped with him again the next expedition, good thing he left by his own volition as soon as he saw me in the group.

So, if you join as a healer there's no reason you can't use your dmg abilities to help clear stuff quicker. Don't be lazy and expect to be carried.
    TBH expecting to be carried in an island expedition sounds like the laziest thing ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went in some IE where people kept dying for some reasons, so I switched to resto and we completed the thing. Usually, I'm specced feral for IE, but I have Resto Affininity. It did come handy in some situations. I went in as resto too, but I was also ditching damage. I should try it with Balance Affinity.

I understand that Island Expeditions are meant to not need specific roles to accelerate group formation, which means that dps is really what you need. However, healing (and tanking) can bring some utility in some situations. There's no need to be a dick and kick out healers, as long as they are doing their part of damage. Expeditions are not that long anyway.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    To my experience, people don't often kick for no reason in IEs. However, as stated, people do kick if you don't do anything. I don't think people mind healers, as long as they dish in some damage. I've had Disc Priests do a decent damage before, never seen anyone try to kick them. But if you're one of those people who join as a healer, then stand still most of the time, yeah. You can expect to be kicked a lot and it's your own fault.
    I literally just got kicked for informing the tank that he didn't need to farm specific mobs for pet drops anymore. He went on a long winded rant lasting about three pages, kicked me from the group with his butt buddy's help, got a deserter debuff, and then he whispers me 'kek' like he's some big man.

I could see myself kicking healers too. Feels like people who queues as healers are trying to get away with doing as little as possible, since it's not really needed and mostly just slows down the IE itself. I wouldn't do it immediately but if I saw him slacking or the other guy initiated the kick, I wouldn't be against it.

I mean people were kicking each other back in ToT LFR for wearing store helms.

People just abuse the kick system like mad in this game and it's sad.
    That was a COMPLETELY different reason. Those helmets were very obviously Blizzard testing the waters for transmog in the in-game shop, and had it been positively or even neutrally received we'd be having a lot of our best-looking transmogs in the shop instead of in-game, just like how mounts are nowadays. It was only because of the huge public backlash that we had that we avoided that fiasco, and if you're dumb enough to buy those helmets you got off very very easy by just being kicked from every group you ever join.

But sure let's pretend the community is sunshine and rainbows when it's factually known it's one of the worst out there alongside League and Dota.
    I don't think you know what the word 'factually' means

5+ Year Old Account
    I never kick people unless they DC. I only get annoyed by healers if they solely heal and don't even help gather resources. I'd prefer to kick over contribution, rather than class/spec. That being said, my favorite stomp comps involve a druid tank, DHs, or a warlock.

The only other annoying things are solo members who run off on their own. While some people have disgustingly great gear and can essentially solo half the island in 2 minutes, most people don't and it slows down progress. Either way, if the player is good I don't care. If their lack of contribution is effecting progress, I have an issue.

Edit: Actually reading the whole thread, I'm surprised some of you kick so easily. Kicks have been pretty rare in my experience, so I guess I've been lucky enough to group with chill people or I have a higher tolerance for bad players.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-04-07 at 04:12 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I stopped doing islands a couple weeks into the expansion since they're not fun but I'd been randomly kicked by 2 grouped players before, it does happen. To all the people saying it's his fault for joining as a healer, the content is designed to be done with any combo of classes/specs/roles and if you have a problem with this you join as a group of 3 and don't just use the auto-queue to find you a group.

If they were kicked for not attempting to help at all, being toxic etc. then that's their own fault, but kicked because of their role it's the people who kicked who are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    If you are a healer, I will kick you before the gate even opens.
    No, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    As Tank Druid , I can tank half the island + enemy pvp Team without dying. Why would I need a healer ?
    No, you can't.

Stop trying to be tough on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    CS:GO has a good system in place. If you get kicked in CS:GO, you receive a temporary ban. If you keep getting kicked, the length of ban increases up until a week. But at the same time, there is a hidden counter that increases for the kicker as well. That means, if you keep kicking people, you will eventually get 30 min ban, and if you insist kicking people, you will eventually get a one week ban.

This may not be applicable to WoW directly, but I think both ends of a kick receiving punishment is a good starting point. If you keep voting "yes" or initiating vote kicks, you get deserter debuf as well and you can be auto-kicked as well.
    WoW has something like that. You have a "credit" to kick people. If you kick a lot of people in a short time you consume the "credit" and you have to wait to kick again (I think is 2-4 hours? Not sure, only happened to me 1 time in 12y?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I could see myself kicking healers too. Feels like people who queues as healers are trying to get away with doing as little as possible, since it's not really needed and mostly just slows down the IE itself. I wouldn't do it immediately but if I saw him slacking or the other guy initiated the kick, I wouldn't be against it.

That was a COMPLETELY different reason. Those helmets were very obviously Blizzard testing the waters for transmog in the in-game shop, and had it been positively or even neutrally received we'd be having a lot of our best-looking transmogs in the shop instead of in-game, just like how mounts are nowadays. It was only because of the huge public backlash that we had that we avoided that fiasco, and if you're dumb enough to buy those helmets you got off very very easy by just being kicked from every group you ever join.
    If there's a healer, then pull more. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp.