Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Gotta love how you like making assumptions about people and as the classic saying goes "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.." And it has been said those who shout the loudest, about something like this are likely trying to hide the fact that they maybe the one thing that they hate the most..
    I have plenty of hate in me, I never said otherwise. Your deflection only helps to make my point for me. I hate racist trash, and I hate authoritarians. White nationalists just happen to be both.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I think a lot of people would be greatly served by a basic social anthropology class. It gets people to actually consider the reasons for why things appear a certain way beyond just surface reasons. I think it should be a class taught in every k-12 institution.
    Not biological anthropology?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I would honestly be surprised if there were any.

Religion is just a mask people hide behind, or a flag they wave. It's never the real motivation.
    When someone tells me that the reason they're killing someone is because their religion has taught them to hate those people, I'm not really inclined towards this form of radical skepticism. Religions are pretty effective mind viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    When someone tells me that the reason they're killing someone is because their religion has taught them to hate those people, I'm not really inclined towards this form of radical skepticism. Religions are pretty effective mind viruses.
    Brainwashing is a thing, that normal people(by comparison, that is) have problems understanding in depth due to their normality.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have plenty of hate in me, I never said otherwise. Your deflection only helps to make my point for me. I hate racist trash, and I hate authoritarians. White nationalists just happen to be both.
    Deflection how so tell me how am I deflecting, because you keep saying it and yet not saying how I am supposedly deflecting?

Deflection how so tell me how am I deflecting, because you keep saying it and yet not saying how I am supposedly deflecting?
    "But the economy is doing well."

Once again, you guys are way too transparent.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Brainwashing is a thing, that normal people(by comparison, that is) have problems understanding in depth due to their normality.
    lol... there is no proof brainwashing works... its just scifi...

This is what is screwed up about this stuff.

Black guy pisses me off, and I kick the shit out of him. I now have to prove that I am not a racist white supremacist, and it is a hate crime.

I piss off a black guy and he kicks the shit out of me it is just assault.

Media/left definition of white extremists = anybody I disagree with.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    In Europe right wing terrorism is very minor compared to others. It goes like this from most attacks to least (number of terror attacks for year 2016)

1) Separatists terrorism (99)
    2) Left wing terrorism (27)
    3) Islamic terorism (13)
    4 Right wing (1)

1) Separatists terrorism (137)
    2) Islamic terorism (33)
    3) Left wing terrorism (24)
    4 Right wing (5)

source: Europol
    Mainstream Media: "Between 2016 and 2017 Right Wing terrorism rose 500%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    That's because your worldview is limited to your basement and whatever sci-fi rubbish you use as reference to reality, as seen from the threads you start.

Brainwashing exists, but it isn't anything "exciting" like sticking probes into brains and calling it a day.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While not in the traditional sense, with the right techniques one can coerce someone to think their way.. Just look at all those religious cults, like Waco and Jonestown and so on..

Don't be so reductive.

Do you think hindus find cows sacred because their religion says so and that's why? There is a reason behind that, that has nothing to do with religion and all to do with subsistence patterns. Same when it comes to why pigs are unclean by so many.

the ultimate reason behind something is what needs to be understood.

Did kkk people attack and kill due to christianity? Or was there something deeper? Socially and culturally?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That's because your worldview is limited to your basement and whatever sci-fi rubbish you use as reference to reality, as seen from the threads you start.

Brainwashing exists, but it isn't anything "exciting" like sticking probes into brains and calling it a day.
    no lol... its because u think scifi is reality... its a scifi concept and will remain a scifi concept... u cant do it...

- - - Updated - - -

While not in the traditional sense, with the right techniques one can coerce someone to think their way.. Just look at all those religious cults, like Waco and Jonestown and so on..
    lol... nobody can make me think something i am not open to already...

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    This is what is screwed up about this stuff.

Black guy pisses me off, and I kick the shit out of him. I now have to prove that I am not a racist white supremacist, and it is a hate crime.

I piss off a black guy and he kicks the shit out of me it is just assault.

Media/left definition of white extremists = anybody I disagree with.
    There are plenty of white on black attacks that don't amount to hate crime charges since they're not instantly hate crimes... you're just making up shit. You have to prove racism during an attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Not biological anthropology?

Social/cultural anthropology.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Glad to see that at least you are not denying being a Nazi!
    Would it honestly matter if I did? You need that shield to cling to your fantasies.

Don't be so reductive.

Do you think hindus find cows sacred because their religion says so and that's why?
    Yes, that's exactly what I think.
    There is a reason behind that, that has nothing to do with religion and all to do with subsistence patterns. Same when it comes to why pigs are unclean by so many.

the ultimate reason behind something is what needs to be understood.

Did kkk people attack and kill due to christianity? Or was there something deeper? Socially and culturally?
    These aren't analogous. Islamic terrorists directly, explicitly say that the reason that they're engaging in killing is to kill infidels, be martyred, and go to paradise. There's really no need to doubt them on the matter.

While the KKK isn't a serious problem in 2019, when a KKK member brutalizes a black man, I don't actually doubt that it's because he really, sincerely hates black people. I don't need to wring my hands about whether it might actually just be an expression of economic anxiety.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol... nobody can make me think something i am not open to already...
    But that is how they do it, they find a weakness or have something in common with their target and exploit it for all its worth..

Yes, that's exactly what I think.

These aren't analogous. Islamic terrorists directly, explicitly say that the reason that they're engaging in killing is to kill infidels, be martyred, and go to paradise. There's really no need to doubt them on the matter.

While the KKK isn't a serious problem in 2019, when a KKK member brutalizes a black man, I don't actually doubt that it's because he really, sincerely hates black people. I don't need to wring my hands about whether it might actually just be an expression of economic anxiety.
    If you thinks cows are sacred in Hinduism because that's just the way it is you would be dead wrong. Similar to why pigs are "unclean" Pigs are unclean because they compete for food with humans and keep and raising them especially in areas where food is sparse and hard to grow or come by is really stupid since you risk starvation. This is why you tend to find pigs being sinful food in certain regions. it has nothing to do with "religion" it came before religion and slowly became part of it.

They say that but is it the ultimate truth is the question. Why don't you think deeper about the power structure, who really wants this and why and what groups are pushing it and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    This just flies in the face of what is known. They stopped eating them because of risk of getting parasites or getting sick, not because they compete for food. The regions where it's considered bad are almost exclusively pretty warm regions where it would be pretty hard to store pork without it going bad without modern refrigerators even if there were no parasites and people would get sick because it was hard to store it properly in such regions.
    Meat going bad is a very common thing back in these times. Let's remember that much of Western Europe was eating rotted sheep.

The issue with pork beyond just the typical issue with slowly rotten meat (which was an issue everywhere meat was eaten) was the fact that pigs eat the same things humans eat so raising them to eat is extremely difficult as you may run out of food feeding an animal that eats like a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    Would it honestly matter if I did? You need that shield to cling to your fantasies.
    In view of your post history, no, it would not matter one bit.