Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    WoW has something like that. You have a "credit" to kick people. If you kick a lot of people in a short time you consume the "credit" and you have to wait to kick again (I think is 2-4 hours? Not sure, only happened to me 1 time in 12y?)
    In CS:GO, the punishment is the same as the receiving end; temporary ban, not some CD to vote kick. And it happens quite fast, like if you kick 3-4 people in 2-3 days, you are banned from matchmaking. It is moderately aggressive, but it works.

The good part is, if you haven't learned your lesson after first 30 min ban, the next one will be even longer (2 hours) up to a week. Another good thing is that when you reach 1 week ban, if you keep kicking people, or keep getting kicked, your next b an will be 1 week too. It doesn't reset until you behave (or stop playing) like few weeks or so.

Had plenty of toxic mates in CS:GO. Do you know what this system did? It thought them a fucking lesson. They stopped being toxic in the fear of getting weeks and weeks of competitive bans. They even started to calm me down, when I got pissed (rarely) and became toxic. The wonders of punishment systems...the only language that humans understand.

Works like a charm, I'd say Blizzards needs to give it a go.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2019-04-07 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    No, you don't.

No, you can't.

Stop trying to be tough on the internet.

Actually yes. You can kick the moment you join before the npc starts talking. And if you are a heal / a class I don’t want. I tell me mate to vote yes, and than it’s good bye.

And again, yes it’s easy if you are not retarded, just get 3 times swiftmend, 1 time Regeneration extender and Stack mastery.

No, you don't.

No, you can't.

Stop trying to be tough on the internet.
    seems u wanna be the tough boy here

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    When someone kicks you, put them on ignore so you don’t get grouped with them again.
    Nobody wants logical thinking. OMG. That would be too easy j/k That is an excellent suggestion.

I usually do islands with my partner, where we can communicate in person, getting things done quickly and easily. We've only kicked two people from islands ever.

-One was AFK from the start and didn't move for about 3 or 4 minutes.
    -Another continued to run up to things and die in massive AOEs, then they would be toxic and insulting toward us for "not helping them" - despite us fighting what they were fighting as well. They never communicated anything they were doing at all.

We usually get a tiny bit annoyed when there are healers that stand around and do nothing but heal. They would be more helpful by simply looting chests or mining azerite when possible - even grabbing an item to CC tougher enemies would be helpful. But even then, we haven't kicked them, because we can still certainly get the island done.

I'm sure there are asshats out there that would join and kick people, but I've never seen it personally.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I literally just got kicked for informing the tank that he didn't need to farm specific mobs for pet drops anymore. He went on a long winded rant lasting about three pages, kicked me from the group with his butt buddy's help, got a deserter debuff, and then he whispers me 'kek' like he's some big man.
    I didn't say people won't do it, I said they won't do it often.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Don't join as healer and waste 2 other players time... cmon.

If there's a healer, then pull more. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp.
    I agree, it really isn't, and I wish I could take it at such a basic face value but unfortunately I'm capable of considering other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You people need to get this mentality out of your head.
    Healers can contribute just as much to an island (or any content for that matter) as tanks or dps.

- - - Updated - - -

you are implying that the healer doesn't do anything except standing around, which is not true for the majority of players.

Again, a healer can be just effective as a dps or tank.
    If a player doesn't do anything except standing around then obviously kick him but that applies to all 3 roles and not just healers.
    On most of my dps I'd much rather have a healer than most of the dps I have run with. At least the healer can help and keep me up if the other dps is lacking. If by having a healer you suffer a dps loss, pull more and aoe more to make up for it. If you can't aoe heavy than maybe the healer isn't the issue. The biggest issue I have seen running as a healer is getting triple heal groups, it would happen in scenarios in MoP too for some of those you absolutely wanted/needed a healer too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

When I comes to heroic ones as a boomkin I can normally just solo the whole thing myself fast enough. If someone else joins along then it goes faster. If one happens to be a healer I could give a shit less. Just gather up huge pulls, dot everything up, SF it down and move on. Maybe I have just come accustom to most other people in the game I randomly que with being dog shit so it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Granted I only do 4 a week and typically never again until next week for the quest only. Don't see much of a point to grind them out with a 48 neck as it is with a couple more weeks of knowledge to go.. and the pets and shit.. well they drop or they don't.. in the next expansion or two they will likely just let you solo que them and mow it down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Don't join as healer and waste 2 other players time... cmon.
    It depends on the group though. I have joined as a resto druid kept the group up and been top or 2nd in dmg for each skirmish along the way. Healers can be extremely useful at each difficulty tier depending on the group and how you pull.

Healers are a waste of time in Islands. Every single island I've done that involved a healer has been cleared at least twice as slowly.

Though thankfully most healers switch to DPS when asked nicely. Even terrible DPS in your offspec is more useful than staying in heal spec.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I wish more pugs knew about the resurrecting from orbs part. Always instant release. I feel like if they kept IEs in for another expansion people still wouldn't know about it 2 years from now. Some of them might even know but just might not care since it's an excuse to go afk for a couple of minutes. Or they can't handle waiting for the orb.
    They don't work the same as they did, you don't just pop the entire team up right away with them. Some just release as a dumb reflex too. Anybody that raids has seen the call out not to rez because we have wipe recovery only to have 1 or 2 pop up early because they forgot somehow or just clicked the button out of habit. You also can't just assume your party will grab them since plenty run off as somebody dies or others just never grab the orbs because they don't want life and don't care about the stacking buffs. In short you can never assume a pug is going to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    healer is useless in islands thou
    Maybe so. But kicking someone because of that kind of shows how bad people are these days.

Deserter debuff is really broken at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Getting defensive about the commentary from a tank perspective doesn't change or invalidate the point. The content wasn't designed to need a healer or tank. While a tank has the option to pull a ton of stuff and start wracking up some crazy aoe damage (presuming people can avoid standing in all the swirlies), healers contribute very little because the healing isn't required. There's some stuff they can buy with the tokens that can help, but if a healer is tagging along and expecting to be carried through it while they do almost nothing I'd votekick them every single time. The same as I would a tank or a dps that wasn't carrying their own weight.
    and is your only metric raw DPS? You can find people that will spit out damage like their is no tomorrow, and spend half the battle waiting for a rez because they pull way more then they can handle, and sometimes get the group killed as well. likewise how much do you value the healer that only spit out 30-40% of the damage of the DPS, but the group never had to wait for a rez, regardless of how much junk they pulled?

Not saying you need to change your mind just find it curious lol. I feel I should point out that pulling ones own wait in Island expos is built around being Item level 325-340...

As for me I honestly don't mind a few extra minutes as long as we get it done, In addition the changing up of roster can give islands a unique experience (something IE's can be in desperate need of sometimes). I do find it funny that this is basically the reverse of every other type of content where sadly DPS are treated like a dime a dozen and are fast and easily replaced, maybe this is kind of revenge for that Idk lol.

I haven’t done them in months, just stop they are not worth it.

I always tell the 3rd random guy to spec to DPS when me and my RL buddy run weekly islands. I then give even a warning that we will votekick him if he doesn't comply. Usually we get some nasty response worthy of reporting before having to kick him. The people literally would rather waste their and our time than simply switch to DPS. Insane.

Randomly kicking of course is bad and should be punished. Heroic Islands is DPS or leave like many before me have correctly posted before. There are literally HEALING ITEMS (food and "bubbles") in Islands, a healer is obsolete and a timewaste.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-07 at 07:56 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Healer is only useful in mythic man, and your not doing mythic, just go DPS.
    Also report him for abuse, there yaa go.

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey we already have two tanks, sorry man"
    "ARE YOU FORCING ME TO CHANGE SPEC IF I WANT TO JOIN, HOW DARE YOU!? RAIDS ARE DESIGNED FOR ALL PLAYERS, AND YOU ARE SAYING I CANT BE A TANKS!?"
    Except one is through a queue and the other one isn't... please think before speaking. But since you are currently banned I suppose that isn't your strong suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I always tell the 3rd random guy to spec to DPS when me and my RL buddy run weekly islands. I then give even a warning that we will votekick him if he doesn't comply. Usually we get some nasty response worthy of reporting before having to kick him. The people literally would rather waste their and our time then simply switch to DPS. Insane.

Randomly kicking of course is bad and should be punished. Heroic Islands is DPS or leave.
    Sounds like you are the only guy wasting anyone's time by throwing a hissy fit then kicking if you don't get your way.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Except one is through a queue and the other one isn't... please think before speaking. But since you are currently banned I suppose that isn't your strong suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you are the only guy wasting anyone's time by throwing a hissy fit then kicking if you don't get your way.
    I am playing the content the way it was designed, do you also not kick your tank in DPS spec when doing a dungeon? Of course you do. I will repeat myself as many times as it takes... Healers are useless and obsolete in heroic islands because there are HEALING ITEMS everywhere that heal you to max HP instantly. Well, the vast majority doesn't even realize that anyway. I have seen ppl run away screaming for off-heal literally ignoring all the food around them.. stupidity knows no borders.