Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Context is key, and whilst there isn't any causal relationship between shootings in real life and shooting in video games it's gonna look pretty terrible if people at an Overwatch tournament are using the same hand-signs as the guy who shot 100 people and killed 50 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter where the symbol started, the fact the New Zealand shooter used it at his trial kinda trumps the fact it was started by morons who think it's cool to pretend to be racist.
    so they better get on banning that peace sign too, sure I can come up with some other horrible people doing things also....

7+ Year Old Account
    Shit like this is just sad, like really the "OK" sign is racist now? We really need another world war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    probably because you're thoughts are weak and gullible as fuck.
    No My thoughts aren't weak and gullible as fuck, which is why I am not hand clapping a bunch of butt hurt fail trolls now having a sad, the rest of the world has finally caught on to their bullshit and given them the unceremonious fuck off.

I personally don't give a fucking free pass to idiots, whether I like them or not. So even if the shoe was on the other foot, or people I knew engaged in this kind of shit, guess what fuck them too. Racism, joking or not isn't fucking ok, and I rather have good decent people, whether I like them or not majority at different times or not catered too.

Not a bunch of fucking pussies behind their keyboard crying about a well known meme like so many others that got the exact kind of response they were looking for. You aren't wise, these people aren't as clueless as you pretend.

You want to be an asshole be an asshole, but at least fucking own it. Don't start crying because nobody wants to deal with bullshit. It's a fucking game, not a god damn revolution.

Some people just want to have fun, that doesn't include being a racist POS intended or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    we're talking about making the ok symbol at a gaming competition and you're talking about context....
    Yeah, a symbol associated with white supremacist, pick another and get the fuck over it, or play something else in my opinion
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No My thoughts aren't weak and gullible as fuck, which is why I am not hand clapping a bunch of butt hurt fail trolls now having a sad, the rest of the world has finally caught on to their bullshit and given them the unceremonious fuck off.

I personally don't give a fucking free pass to idiots, whether I like them or not. So even if the shoe was on the other foot, or people I knew engaged in this kind of shit, guess what fuck them too. Racism, joking or not isn't fucking ok, and I rather have good decent people, whether I like them or not majority at different times or not catered too.

Not a bunch of fucking pussies behind their keyboard crying about a well known meme like so many others that got the exact kind of response they were looking for. You aren't wise, these people aren't as clueless as you pretend.

You want to be an asshole be an asshole, but at least fucking own it. Don't start crying because nobody wants to deal with bullshit. It's a fucking game, not a god damn revolution.

Some people just want to have fun, that doesn't include being a racist POS intended or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, a symbol associated with white supremacist, pick another and get the fuck over it, or play something else in my opinion
    No just a symbol morons think that is associated with white supremacist (maybe even a few of the white supremacist fall into that category). And we're here just saying how stupid it is, you're one one trying to defend their stupid decision.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-04-07 at 11:53 PM. Reason: bolded the morons part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you're right I am not fooling anyone, because nobody believes you have the right to someone else's property to say whatever you want, at least not unless they are people like yourself projecting and fooling yourselves into believing anyone buys your horseshit for a moment outside of those with bias to do so.
    First, nobody believes you actually give a shit about "private property" or "private companies", so just stop. You've been called out by like 7 different people at this point...

Second, you're not even paying attention to this thread, are you? There's far more people here that disagree with what Blizzard did, than agree with it... Just because they do something, doesn't mean it's what the majority of the player base want. These companies are only "sharing" your rhetoric, because you've bullied and intimated them into submission. I've been watching you guys harass and doxx game devs on Twitter for the last 5 years, and even fucking brag about it like it's a badge of honor. You're so deluded by your own regressive rhetoric, you've actually bought your own con. Sure, you may scream the loudest, but the fact is the vast majority of people don't like you guys. It's why the Left is hemorrhaging support, tearing itself apart from within, and why it lost miserably to a fucking clown like Trump...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

What's next, middle finger makes you a nazi?

10+ Year Old Account
    No just a symbol morons think that is associated with white supremacist (maybe even a few of the white supremacist fall into that category). And we're here just saying how stupid it is, you're one one trying to defend their stupid decision.
    Except its not, its a symbol made popular by a bunch of racist on 4chan as a joke. People thinking they were clever got a reaction and used it, some maybe not giving a shit just took part, NOW it's backfired. Now the same people are crying it was taken too seriously "It was just a PRANK BRO"

So let me make sure I clarify it in no uncertain terms. If you go into a Bank, with something that looks like a fucking gun, and pretend to hold the place up, OR you walk through someone's neighborhood, saying and doing some of the most racist shit you can think of.

I don't give a flying FUCK what your bullshit theory is about how people are too paranoid about guns, or react too severely to words. It's fucking stupid

The symbol is fucking stupid.

I don't give a flying fuck what your excuse is, it's stupid, and I am glad Blizzard stepped up banned it.

I don't blame them i guess. Probably scared the company, or the pro players, could be linked to WP by throwing that sign up. Doesn't matter if you think it's real or not, it was the smart move business wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    First, nobody believes you actually give a shit about "private property" or "private companies", so just stop. You've been called out by like 7 different people at this point...

Second, you're not even paying attention to this thread, are you? There's far more people here that disagree with what Blizzard did, than agree with it... Just because they do something, doesn't mean it's what the majority of the player base want. These companies are only "sharing" your rhetoric, because you've bullied and intimated them into submission. I've been watching you guys harass and doxx game devs on Twitter for the last 5 years, and even fucking brag about it like it's a badge of honor. You're so deluded by your own regressive rhetoric, you've actually bought your own con. Sure, you may scream the loudest, but the fact is the vast majority of people don't like you guys. It's why the Left is hemorrhaging support, tearing itself apart from within, and why it lost miserably to a fucking clown like Trump...
    First you don't speak on behalf of anybody but the voices in your head.

As for the people here, You don't know who all agrees or disagrees, and you sure as shit aren't elected as their voice. You are silly, your arguments are ridiculous and even people that disagree with Blizzard, I wouldn't per say lump in the same category as you either.

The only thing worse than you imagining what friends and allies you have, are you pretending you know me or mine. The left isn't hemorrhaging support, it's a theory that doesn't hold to up any kind of truth or evidence and more importantly it has nothing to do with the OP.

Except its not, its a symbol made popular by a bunch of racist on 4chan as a joke. People thinking they were clever got a reaction and used it, some maybe not giving a shit just took part, NOW it's backfired. Now the same people are crying it was taken too seriously "It was just a PRANK BRO"

So let me make sure I clarify it in no uncertain terms. If you go into a Bank, with something that looks like a fucking gun, and pretend to hold the place up, OR you walk through someone's neighborhood, saying and doing some of the most racist shit you can think of.

I don't give a flying FUCK what your bullshit theory is about how people are too paranoid about guns, or react too severely to words. It's fucking stupid

The symbol is fucking stupid.

I don't give a flying fuck what your excuse is, it's stupid, and I am glad Blizzard stepped up banned it.
    It's only "backfired" as you called it because morons like blizzard are still taking it seriously and that's the only things giving it any weight take away stupid crap like this it would have blown over and been back to the OK sign.

wft, has a gun been anything other than a weapon since it existed what are you going on about walking into a bank with a gun????

are you drunk or high or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    The "okay" sign has become a symbol that white supremacists use to recognise and signal each other.
    a group can only usurp a symbol if everybody else stops using it

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    I don't blame them i guess. Probably scared the company, or the pro players, could be linked to WP by throwing that sign up. Doesn't matter if you think it's real or not, it was the smart move business wise.
    Hmm looking at blizzards stock since about fall of 2018 I don't think they done much "smart" things in a long while, and this just more of the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only "backfired" as you called it because morons like blizzard are still taking it seriously and that's the only things giving it any weight except for stupid crap like it it would have blown over and been back to the OK sign.

wft, has a gun been anything other than a weapon since it existed what are you going on about walking into a bank with a gun????

are you drunk or high or something?
    Blizzard aren't morons for taking it seriously, it backfired because it's fucking stupid, just like everything else on fucking 4chan, basically an anonymous cult of sadist.

As I said you are only upset not because people don't get it, but because people who matter don't give a shit, and decided to remove that toxic shit from their event, GOOD for them.

Literally nobody gives a shit who isn't sucked into bullshit mindset of yours. If people can't take a prank or I can't do whatever I want whenever I want on someone else's time or dime it's not me it's them.

Sorry it's you

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    a group can only usurp a symbol if everybody else stops using it
    Problem is people and groups like blizzard trying to cry even if they are using it for the intended reason it's not allow, so they are trying to just hand it over to them (even if they really don't want it)

5+ Year Old Account
    Ooh boy, this is a fun one.
    While I agree with the single decent point made in this thread. It was a troll post originally and not worth worrying about. There is a worrying trend of taking any discussion about white supremacy and finding ways that it is accusatory. Literally dozens of posts bemoaning SJWs and Lefties (still not sure what they are left of tbh) and those who are easily offended. Almost as if the posters have become easily offended because something about white supremacy specifically strikes a nerve.
    Some (not all, not even most, just some) of the posters in this thread are.. protesting too much. Its nerds like you guys who are causing the white supremacist reemergence by normalising, defending and ignoring it constantly. This incident was a dumb one, not worth stressing about. But then comes 8 pages of bizarre defence and explanation and you find yourself thinking. Some of these pricks is for sure white power cunts.

Blizzard aren't morons for taking it seriously, it backfired because it's fucking stupid, just like everything else on fucking 4chan, basically an anonymous cult of sadist.

As I said you are only upset not because people don't get it, but because people who matter don't give a shit, and decided to remove that toxic shit from their event, GOOD for them.

Literally nobody gives a shit who isn't sucked into bullshit mindset of yours. If people can't take a prank or I can't do whatever I want whenever I want on someone else's time or dime it's not me it's them.

Sorry it's you
    I'm "upset" (more just in disbelief) because I find it hard to people people are dumb enough to defend such a stupid thing on blizzards part.

Just me huh no one else here thinks it's moronic huh... lol..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Context is key, and whilst there isn't any causal relationship between shootings in real life and shooting in video games it's gonna look pretty terrible if people at an Overwatch tournament are using the same hand-signs as the guy who shot 100 people and killed 50 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter where the symbol started, the fact the New Zealand shooter used it at his trial kinda trumps the fact it was started by morons who think it's cool to pretend to be racist.
    Nice to see that the shooter gets exactly what he wanted aka dumb stupid fuckers see him doing the ok sign and thinking it´s a white power symbol.

Let´s say he would have rised his arm and made the black panther/black power sign, would that also be a white power symbol hm little sheep?

Problem is people and groups like blizzard trying to cry even if they are using it for the intended reason it's not allow, so they are trying to just hand it over to them (even if they really don't want it)
    exactly my point. if they just ignored the whole thing then it'd just die down quickly and everyone would forget the whole idiocy. instead by reacting they just draw attention to it and hand a symbol to them on a silver platter along with making themselves look foolish

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol all the people believing what is essentially only hearsay with evidence to the contrary.

Let me know when we get any kind of actual statement from blizzard.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    exactly my point. if they just ignored the whole thing then it'd just die down quickly and everyone would forget the whole idiocy. instead by reacting they just draw attention to it and hand a symbol to them on a silver platter along with making themselves look foolish
    I may have misunderstand your point then, IMO just let people make the "ok" sign and not see white supremacist under every rock... (at some point it will all die and and OK will mean just OK, (or if I get the meaning right a punch in the arm if you watched Malcolm in the middle as a kid..?.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    lol all the people believing what is essentially only hearsay with evidence to the contrary.

Let me know when we get any kind of actual statement from blizzard.
    This is a fair point, it would be nice if this was all a troll too and blizzard didn't, go full stupid.