Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    You would know, wouldn't you?

- - - Updated - - -
    Nope. I don't share your mindset. I'm not like you. I've evolved to face the current times. Sad that you haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly i can't wait till something really mundane, like eating bread will be deemed a white supremacy symbol. Would create wonderful awkward social situation.
    Drinking milk already is because black people have a higher chance of becoming lactose intolerant.(have no idea if this is true or not)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I'm "upset" (more just in disbelief) because I find it hard to people people are dumb enough to defend such a stupid thing on blizzards part.

Just me huh no one else here thinks it's moronic huh... lol..
    Disbelief or you are in some kind of bubble where you gladly sit and smile and think this shit is alright because you don't often notice people who disagree with you or run in circles where don't all agree with you for the same reason.

Oh and nice deflect "nobody else here" you really that desperate you have to reach out to everyone else to validate your being immune to reality. I don't know plenty of people even some that disagree with blizzard seem to understand it's a private business and it's a business decision.

I mean me personally I don't give a shit, this isn't a poll, I agree with it, and more than likely it still just a business move, I think it's awesome if like a lot of other places online business is getting fed up with this bullshit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a fair point, it would be nice if this was all a troll too and blizzard didn't, go full stupid.
    I mean read the article. It's all coming from a fan at a event saying blizz told him he couldn't post it. Meanwhile they post it on their twitter all the time.

It's clear who is getting trolled here and it isn't blizzard.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Disbelief or you are in some kind of bubble where you gladly sit and smile and think this shit is alright because you don't often notice people who disagree with you or run in circles where don't all agree with you for the same reason.

Oh and nice deflect "nobody else here" you really that desperate you have to reach out to everyone else to validate your being immune to reality. I don't know plenty of people even some that disagree with blizzard seem to understand it's a private business and it's a business decision.

I mean me personally I don't give a shit, this isn't a poll, I agree with it, and more than likely it still just a business move, I think it's awesome if like a lot of other places online business is getting fed up with this bullshit.
    Nope no bubble, just Disbelief to what basically comes down to people (mostly you) defending Blizzard (possibly not confirmed, *tips to Orange Joe) aiding and abetting in 4-chans troll.

Hmm looking at blizzards stock since about fall of 2018 I don't think they done much "smart" things in a long while, and this just more of the same.
    Which is why they're trying to protect overwatch as hard as possible. That's their "baby" right now since all of their other IPs aren't doing so hot. Honestly, i don't believe blizzard actually thinks the "okay" symbol is actually a WP thing now. I just think they took this measure to be careful in case other fucking morons do believe that.
    But maybe I'm giving them too much credit and they are actually this fucking stupid. who knows /shrugs

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope no bubble, just Disbelief to what basically comes down to people (mostly you) defending Blizzard aiding and abetting in 4-chans troll.
    Meanwhile you are attacking them with 0 evidence of this being true.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope no bubble, just Disbelief to what basically comes down to people (mostly you) defending Blizzard aiding and abetting in 4-chans troll.
    Nope doesn't work, I am fine with them banning this. You being in disbelief others aren't as manipulated as you. Thus you desperately try that bullshit, nope sorry dude, I don't give a fuck it's "Just a prank Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Meanwhile you are attacking them with 0 evidence of this being true.
    that's why I changed it (possibly not confirmed, *tips to Orange Joe) you were too fast, I got it before the edit flag showed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope doesn't work, I am fine with them banning this. You being in disbelief others aren't as manipulated as you. Thus you desperately try that bullshit, nope sorry dude, I don't give a fuck it's "Just a prank Bro"
    right, or just maybe I'm not stupid enough to think everything should be banned on account of a internet troll...

10+ Year Old Account
    that's why I changed it (possibly not confirmed, *tips to Orange Joe) you were too fast, I got it before the edit flag showed up.

Gotta love how edits work on mmo champ lol. I'm fairly certain that even though the edit is quoted it wasn't there when I quoted you. (<- talking about my post)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Gotta love how edits work on mmo champ lol. I'm fairly certain that even though the edit is quoted it wasn't there when I quoted you. (<- talking about my post)
    it's wasn't I was going to add it at the end but changed it to added it where I ended up putting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    right, or just maybe I'm not stupid enough to think everything should be banned on account of a internet troll...
    Maybe, and in probably most circumstances I would agree, but ultimately, I am going to side with Blizzard on this and even if i didn't I support a private company censoring however they feel, if I disagree that strongly I would stop using their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    Which is why they're trying to protect overwatch as hard as possible. That's their "baby" right now since all of their other IPs aren't doing so hot. Honestly, i don't believe blizzard actually thinks the "okay" symbol is actually a WP thing now. I just think they took this measure to be careful in case other fucking morons do believe that.
    But maybe I'm giving them too much credit and they are actually this fucking stupid. who knows /shrugs
    I guessing the OK symbol has a lot of use to gamers that have head phones on at the time, hell I would think a lot of hand gestures would, and in the end just makes them looks stupid if any of this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Seems a bit silly but sure whatever.

Personally I do not think this has anything to do with Blizzard "falling" for it as much as it is them just not wanting to deal with the backlash it causes from people who are less in tune with the internet.

If anything blame the basement-dwellers on 4chan.
    This is the correct post. Idk why we need pages of this when this was posted early.

Maybe, and in probably most circumstances I would agree, but ultimately, I am going to side with Blizzard on this and even if i didn't I support a private company censoring however they feel, if I disagree that strongly I would stop using their product.
    to be fair I stopped using their product because it's starting to suck, tried it again recently and just canceled, My sub time ran out end of march, but I still like mostly the off topic of MMO champ so it's worth hanging around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    So it's not a racist symbol, it's a symbol used by people who think it's funny to pretend to be racist? Except now it's being used by actual racists who commit mass murders so I'm not surprised that Blizz would rather it wasn't associated with their shooter game.

- - - Updated - - -

The New Zealand shooter murdered those people ironically?
    No, they said a bunch of shit to cause trouble. They trolled people, and the idiots that they are fell for it. Look at NZ, arresting people for having a video or a document.. But you can pay a 'fee' to access it for the 'right reasons'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    We already did, when they banned pepe:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/o...ch-league-pepe

This makes no sense as a reply to my post. You already did what? How is this evidence of them banning the ok symbol?

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair I stopped using their product because it's starting to suck, tried it again recently and just canceled, My sub time ran out end of march, but I still like mostly the off topic of MMO champ so it's worth hanging around here.
    Yep, I respect that, same here. The problem I have with Blizzard doesn't have anything to do with my agreements or disagreements with them about policy per say, at least not shit like this.

I think the toxic environment overall is a bigger issue, but nothing NEW. My problem has to do with a lot of the cookie cutter, paint by numbers tactics they have adopted.

Sometimes taking away simple shit like Orb of Deception, used to have a 30 min duration 5 minute cool down, then it switched to 5 minute duration 30 minute cool down.

Like WHY? You couldn't use it for an unfair advantage if you took any damage it came undone.

But Blizzard would change things like that, for no reason killing the fun and also getting lazy, such as saying we would never get flying in Azeroth because it was too much work, which i was fine with, then they gave it to us then took it away. LOL Mostly because they couldn't be bothered to hire people to develop the engine for flying mobs.

And last straw was when WoW Straight up Lied in WoD, I mean all of the before meh, OK, but for them to literally show hubs and things that were supposed to be part of the game then not only say they never said they would offer it, they would lie and even punish people for pointing it out.

All the rest of the shit is pretty meh as I said, but in my opinion when Blizzard abused the trust of their player base and straight up lied, that was the line for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    “The Overwatch League discourages the use of symbols and imagery which are associated with or used by hate groups, including Pepe the Frog.”

Okay symbol "associated" with hate groups

So it's perfectly in line with Blizzards past statements.

- - - Updated - - -

We already received a statement.

Blizzard uses the ok symbol themselves. Stop being trolled lol

Yep, I respect that, same here. The problem I have with Blizzard doesn't have anything to do with my agreements or disagreements with them about policy per say, at least not shit like this.

I think the toxic environment overall is a bigger issue, but nothing NEW. My problem has to do with a lot of the cookie cutter, paint by numbers tactics they have adopted.

Sometimes taking away simple shit like Orb of Deception, used to have a 30 min duration 5 minute cool down, then it switched to 5 minute duration 30 minute cool down.

Like WHY? You couldn't use it for an unfair advantage if you took any damage it came undone.

But Blizzard would change things like that, for no reason killing the fun and also getting lazy, such as saying we would never get flying in Azeroth because it was too much work, which i was fine with, then they gave it to us then took it away. LOL Mostly because they couldn't be bothered to hire people to develop the engine for flying mobs.

And last straw was when WoW Straight up Lied in WoD, I mean all of the before meh, OK, but for them to literally show hubs and things that were supposed to be part of the game then not only say they never said they would offer it, they would lie and even punish people for pointing it out.

All the rest of the shit is pretty meh as I said, but in my opinion when Blizzard abused the trust of their player base and straight up lied, that was the line for me
    If this is true, I do have the issue with what comes down to them giving merit to a troll and basically abetting in it basically becoming 4-chan's accomplices, they should be better than that.

And class design was about 90% behind the reason I quit.