Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    also until today i can't remember did shaman sets drop for alliance in raids ? I think they didn't but some ppl claim they did, others swear they didn't until TBC patch 2.0 before the storm
    This was an on and off going thing throughout vanilla. My horde guild got several plate-healing drops, mostly after patches, I've heard similar stories happening on ally.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's the Bloodlust thing, and as others have already indicated I almost exclusively played Alliance back then so that's why. My first character was Horde but it never left Durotar.

There's also the character sheet (the C thing), and how little it shows in vanilla. When I went and played on a private server for a while I was shocked because for some reason I thought how the character sheet looked in TBC hadn't changed since launch. I only reached something like lvl 52 in vanilla so most of my leveling adventures in 1-60 zones are from alts in TBC, which is probably why I mixed it up.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    DKs were easy to avoid unless you were spamming AoEs deep into their town.
    In a large messy raid they'd still inevitably happen, I very clearly remember peeps early in the BG patch TM/SS raids getting insanely upset by them.

The one thing I cant remember is if one person getting a DK in raid gave one to the whole raid, or if it was just unlucky peeps healing someone who got DK also acquiring one?

i have recently leveled to 60 on private servers, a rogue a paladin and most recently a mage. IMO paladin was easier than rogue but obvi mage was easiest. PVP realms, however i did level the rogue first, so i could give decent gear to paladin. anywho all took ~5-7 days played, so not rly too bad and i never played vanilla originally, tbc baby here

Mage had invisibility in alpha version of wow, Shamans did not have bloodlust, the argument that horde was better for pve is also false, since blessing of salvation was dominant in every raid aspect EXCEPT viscidus were nature resistance totems were the dominant.

I have very little "Mandela effect" : I've a very good memory (one of the reason why the "nostalgia" argument really annoy me, as it expects I have blurry, rosy ones when I actually remember lots of it with high clarity).
    Most of the time, the lapses are something minor which amount to "oh, I had to do this quest before" or "ah, the NPC was actually over there and not over here".

But if there is a Mandela effect it's this one : I somehow think I remember that at one time, there was no flypath in Un'Goro, and that the flier was added later. But I couldn't find any mention of it in the patch notes. So I'm not sure if my mind made it up or if it was really the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    also until today i can't remember did shaman sets drop for alliance in raids ? I think they didn't but some ppl claim they did, others swear they didn't until TBC patch 2.0 before the storm
    There might have bugs (there were a lot more bugs at the time ) allowing it, but for the most, shaman gear didn't drop in raid for Alliance before the 2.0 patch.
    What might confuse the issue is that it DID drop in dungeons, and these dungeons were commonly ran as raid until they changed them to be 5-man exclusively (or 10-man for BRS).

I don't really have one since I never played retail vanilla. I guess it was Shaman having Bloodlust if I had to make myself say one.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    1) Invisibility: Invisibility was introduced in TBC not Vanilla. Yet, I, for the longest time could have sworn Invisibility was in Vanilla WoW I even swear I remember videos of people using Invisibility in old PVP vids. But invisibility was in an early build of WoW that never made it into the main game. The spell was removed in Patch 0.9. So either I was watching some alpha footage or totally forgot, but I cannot find those old videos now, so it blows my mind lol.
    Engineering has trinkets that gave invisibility. https://www.wowhead.com/item=4397/gn...loaking-device

Quote Originally Posted by redwolfrain View Post
    Engineering has trinkets that gave invisibility. https://www.wowhead.com/item=4397/gn...loaking-device
    Pretty sure there was an alchemist potion as well, and the Succubus had it as a base ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Wow I totally forgot that Druids did not have an out of combat rez.
    Fun fact about that, druids were actually suppose to have no res in vanilla and the battle res was given to shamans even some of the later builds in development but blizz realized it was too unbalanced to have BR on one side and not have it on the other side so it was removed from shamans and given to druids last minute.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TM and SS battles were fought a lot not just because of BG's but because it was one of the first regions where players from different factions clashed with eachother. The others being Ashenvale, Tanaris and STV Nesingwary, which were all the largest PvP Hotspots. BG's were a contributing factor, but it was also a lot of just People finally being around the opposite faction in Contested Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Wow I totally forgot that Druids did not have an out of combat rez.
    Didn’t have one for all of TBC either. Revive was added in WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    But if there is a Mandela effect it's this one : I somehow think I remember that at one time, there was no flypath in Un'Goro, and that the flier was added later. But I couldn't find any mention of it in the patch notes. So I'm not sure if my mind made it up or if it was really the case.
    I'm 99% sure this is true. Un'Goro was supposed to be a wilderness. Pretty sure John Staats mentions it in his book

Quote Originally Posted by diarx View Post
    In a large messy raid they'd still inevitably happen, I very clearly remember peeps early in the BG patch TM/SS raids getting insanely upset by them.

The one thing I cant remember is if one person getting a DK in raid gave one to the whole raid, or if it was just unlucky peeps healing someone who got DK also acquiring one?
    It gave it to everyone. I clearly remember raiding cities and the thing that pissed me off most was 1 idiot killing a low lvl vendor and getting us all DKs.. We had to vet people before inviting and going to raid cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I'm 99% sure this is true. Un'Goro was supposed to be a wilderness. Pretty sure John Staats mentions it in his book
    Guess that would prove I have a very good memory, when even my Mandela Effect happens to actually be true

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I 100% HATED questing in Un'Goro but I always appreciated how there was no FP there and it seemed very untamed. Just walking down that path from Tanaris, you knew you were going in for a wild ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    TM and SS battles were fought a lot not just because of BG's but because it was one of the first regions where players from different factions clashed with eachother. The others being Ashenvale, Tanaris and STV Nesingwary, which were all the largest PvP Hotspots. BG's were a contributing factor, but it was also a lot of just People finally being around the opposite faction in Contested Zones.
    Yeah I remember running down the main path in Ashenvale as a Night Elf Druid and seeing an Orc warlock running the opposite way and was like...whoa! what's he doing here!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What is your Mandela effect (or False Memory) of Vanilla WoW that you only just came to realise wasnt true?
    Well can't really call it a Mandela effect but for a long time I was under the impression that Horde was the dominant faction in terms of population in vanilla and even in TBC. I knew it as horde was dominant/adult faction and horde hated the blood elves because anyone who rolled BE was ridiculed heavily.

Little did I know that I was playing on a GMT +1 European server which was populated a lot by Scandinavian guys who liked playing horde so the communities/servers I played on were dominated by horde and only kids played the "pretty" allies. Half the people in my guild were actually Danish although the server was in English and everyone was speaking perfect English.

Anyway, I moved to US around the time wotlk came out and started playing on US servers and horde was again dominating so I thought this was always the case but I found out later that in US the story was different and during vanilla it was dominated by allies because apparently US peeps liked playing pretty allies and the horde side only started to get more populated after BC.

Mandella effect?

i subscribe to the Twain Effect:

"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened."

Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That's probably a big part of it. I certainly couldn't tell you everything a Shaman had, although there are certain things everyone knows about. Frankly I'm not sure how much good it would have done anyways because I doubt tanks could hold the threat through that.

Another I've seen recently is the Shadow Priest mana regen ability. It also wasn't added til TBC. If it had existed in Vanilla you would have seen many more being used.
    what has been discussed for sp's being mana batteries in classic raids is putting one in a party of locks, having it heal the locks via VE so they could frequently use life tap for mana.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    what has been discussed for sp's being mana batteries in classic raids is putting one in a party of locks, having it heal the locks via VE so they could frequently use life tap for mana.
    Nah that's not what people are referring too most of the time. Most of the time they are talking about the mana regen ability from TBC.