Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upgrading the existing warfronts with more features

Given we arent getting new warfronts, I'll be frank, adding heroic or challenging warfront gameplay is not enough. They need to be upgraded with more features

We've already played the current sequence to death, new patches should add new things to them. New challenges, new troops that do some different and interesting things so it feels different.

Dark shore Warftont Upgrades Example
    Like forsaken bringing in vampyrs, Ziggaruts, death knights, Kvaldir and the power of Helyas realm. Night elves bringing in Illidari, Highborne like Farondis, power of the well of eternity and emerald dream, maybe nelf worgen and void elves join up.

Epic Quests to Upgrade
    Make it interesting too, like you have to go to northrend to get Ziggaruts, and scourge troops, go to Stormheim for power of Helyas realm and Kvaldir, getting the zvampyr and San'layn etc upgrading your troops. Night elves gather thehighborne, which you need to free zfarondis from an item you get from Azshara, thenunlocj the Well of Eternity so you can power those troops with arcane, then complete the healing of shaladrassil, collect the night elf worgen and empower with nature. Finally get the Illidari on board too.

New Features
    Once you do these quests and unlock, your warfront will have additional challenges, new features like:
    Ziggarut ships vs Illidari legion ship,
    Empowered by blood Vampyrs vs Arcane empowered highborne.
    Death empowered Kvaldir vs Life emerald dream empowered nelf worgen..,
    Allied Goblins, Orc, Shatrerspear Trolls met by Gileans, Void elves and Draenei who joining the night elven to combat the orc, goblin and trolls assisting the forsaken.

Example of Arathi Warfront Upgrades
    For this warfront, the alliance upgrades Humans, Lightforged Draenei , Wildhammer dwarves and high elves.
    The horde utilises Orcs, Forsaken, Blood elves and Raventusk trolls to the battle.

Zandalari meet Raventusks, Kul'tirans meet Arathors.
    Lightforge Vindicaar plays a role.
    Nightborne meet the high elves.
    The Dragonmaw return to the war

More coming I'm watching Shazam with the boyfriend and his looking daggers at me posting during a movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Given we arent getting new warfronts,
    where does it say this ??? i 've been searching after reading this and can 't find anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    where does it say this ??? i 've been searching after reading this and can 't find anything
    it doesnt say that. the op is doing the more common player attitude of: if there is no news to be shown.. thats the same thing as never getting any more again right?

no news = i can assume that means nothing more, ever, rather than waiting a little longer for further updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I prefer then to be forgotton tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The only feature that could redeem warfronts imo is pvp mode. They'd make for fun bgs

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Been asked j the last 3 Q & A and the answer everytime was no further ones planned. I was beginning to get irritated that the question kept being asked despite it been said several times. Do people not See these statements?

So, just new BGs then?

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    So, just new BGs then?
    Bhs don't really get their lore updated, nor are they a full fledged war between two factions, they are grand way of saying pvp skirmish imo. Warfront have NPCs, a lot if things going on, armies marching and clashing

It is pretty hard to save current warfronts. However, if I were to do this, I'd try creating 5-6 DIFFERENT GLOBAL strategies for AI, that can actually win unless players counter them, then selecting one of them at random at the beginning and following them to the letter. What you do to counter one strategy should be very different from what you do to counter other strategies. Example strategies for the AI: keep denying you lumber / mine, or accumulate a big force and rush your boss, or sit back and just keep killing glaives very fast. Recon should be important. There should be no universal counters, or, rather, they can exist, but then they have to be very slow - you should be winning tediously in an hour missing your chance to win in 20 minutes. I don't think this would be easy, frankly.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-08 at 12:47 PM.

I'd be happy if there was a more efficient way of collecting lumber and iron in Darkshore.

Been asked j the last 3 Q & A and the answer everytime was no further ones planned. I was beginning to get irritated that the question kept being asked despite it been said several times. Do people not See these statements?
    Source with links?

There are plenty of things they could add to make WF's one of the more popular features. In-game ladders with rankings and rewards given every so often for either seasons or weekly/monthly rewards for the highest rated teams. Include WF's in pvp content so guilds/teams would actually have to strategize and work together much like a rts inside of an MMO. Titles/mounts/bragging rights would prob. be enough reward for participation.

WF's are a decent idea in theory but horribly implemented. Instead of having a cool new content, it's a cesspool for the worst kind of people much like LFR.

Given we arent getting new warfronts, I'll be frank, adding heroic or challenging warfront gameplay is not enough. They need to be upgraded with more features

We've already played the current sequence to death, new patches should add new things to them. New challenges, new troops that do some different and interesting things so it feels different.

Dark shore Warftont Upgrades Example
    Like forsaken bringing in vampyrs, Ziggaruts, death knights, Kvaldir and the power of Helyas realm. Night elves bringing in Illidari, Highborne like Farondis, power of the well of eternity and emerald dream, maybe nelf worgen and void elves join up.

Epic Quests to Upgrade
    Make it interesting too, like you have to go to northrend to get Ziggaruts, and scourge troops, go to Stormheim for power of Helyas realm and Kvaldir, getting the zvampyr and San'layn etc upgrading your troops. Night elves gather thehighborne, which you need to free zfarondis from an item you get from Azshara, thenunlocj the Well of Eternity so you can power those troops with arcane, then complete the healing of shaladrassil, collect the night elf worgen and empower with nature. Finally get the Illidari on board too.

New Features
    Once you do these quests and unlock, your warfront will have additional challenges, new features like:
    Ziggarut ships vs Illidari legion ship,
    Empowered by blood Vampyrs vs Arcane empowered highborne.
    Death empowered Kvaldir vs Life emerald dream empowered nelf worgen..,
    Allied Goblins, Orc, Shatrerspear Trolls met by Gileans, Void elves and Draenei who joining the night elven to combat the orc, goblin and trolls assisting the forsaken.

Example of Arathi Warfront Upgrades
    For this warfront, the alliance upgrades Humans, Lightforged Draenei , Wildhammer dwarves and high elves.
    The horde utilises Orcs, Forsaken, Blood elves and Raventusk trolls to the battle.

Zandalari meet Raventusks, Kul'tirans meet Arathors.
    Lightforge Vindicaar plays a role.
    Nightborne meet the high elves.
    The Dragonmaw return to the war

More coming I'm watching Shazam with the boyfriend and his looking daggers at me posting during a movie

Counterproposal

Remove Afkronts regarding which nobody gives a fuck beside 1-2 EZ piece on alts per week, and use those resource/team to bring back Tier Sets and ADD SOLOQ in PVP

Snowflakes need to learn to PVP

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Source with links?
    Just watch last video with Ion and lore answering Q & A on twitch

Just watch last video with Ion and lore answering Q & A on twitch
    Timestamp please. And the link + timestamp from the other 2 Q&A's where they said there will not be any new warfronts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said there weren't new warfronts planned for 8.2.

Nothing about the remaining of the expansion after 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Counterproposal

Remove Afkronts regarding which nobody gives a fuck beside 1-2 EZ piece on alts per week, and use those resource/team to bring back Tier Sets and ADD SOLOQ in PVP

Snowflakes need to learn to PVP
    I'd rather save the warfronts or make them more I teresti g than have them go on for another 1 to 1.5 being irrelevant and useless

7+ Year Old Account
    Been asked j the last 3 Q & A and the answer everytime was no further ones planned
    The answer was that none is planned for patch 8.2.
    Not that there wont be any new added at all.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Timestamp please. And the link + timestamp from the other 2 Q&A's where they said there will not be any new warfronts.
    Do your own research. if you had taken the minimal time and effort to be informed you would already know the answer to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    Do your own research.
    Why? He claimed something. It is not my job to prove HIS claim.