Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a good system. It's just not for you. Get over it.
    Care to elaborate? Ya, didn't think so. Its not a good system, I explained why.

Its how it was in classic. I know for a fact this means I will never be rank 14 and hey.. that is ok. Those that I see that are I know put in major work (or bought an account) to get it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Care to elaborate? Ya, didn't think so. Its not a good system, I explained why.
    You had to play a lot less then 20 hours a day if the server actually was thinking alike and talked with eachother and set an order of who got rank 14 that next week, on my RP server it was super social and people had mega respect for eachother, despite the competition over world bosses at times.

Still doesn't mean it was easy at all, it's not like the entire server always listened, and on Classic that's gonna be even less likely.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-04-09 at 12:58 AM.

Meh. I just enjoyed getting unhonorable kills, myself. Shame they took that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    QQmoar nubs. Rank 14 will only be achievable by a low % of people, as it always has been. Don't like it? Don't do vanilla honor PvP grind. Honestly, some people just want rank 11 for the blue set and mount...and that's not difficult to get to.
    I did r11 in Vanilla. Playing on a low-pop server that was heavily Alliance-dominated made it take ages. I cannot really remember how many months...too long ago. But it was some of them and back then i pretty much played whenever i was awake. Fun times.

Just for some numbers: Alterac Valley opened 1 or 2 times on my server per week back then. Usually on Friday. Which meant you would try to not log off after Thursday, just to be longer in the Q. For WSG it was better, but could still take 4-5 hours. Imagine sitting in Q 4-5 hours to play one match...every day....for MONTHS. Yup, that was my life back then....and it was awesome.

I would never do it again.

I was part of the #1 Alliance PvP group back then, too. Which meant after those 4-5 hours of wait time you would usually get into a game you could totally dominate or the enemy team would forfeit right away.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-09 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    people will account share like in vanilla until every other pvp group dies then they will sit back and relax knowing they have a monopoly on the top 10-20 ranks for that server/faction and work out a chart on who gets what rank each week to progress though their list and earn players rank 13 or 14

if you do not follow the chart and earn to much honor you will be at risk of being kicked from your pvp group
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Technically this would be against the Vanilla terms of service agreement. You were not allowed to communicate cross-faction like this; I wonder how they will handle this in Classic since with improved communication channels there is no way to snuff it out.
    I assure you, it was plenty easy then. AIM, ICQ, and other IM cLients were already ubiquitous

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    Exactly. This is the result. Everyone wanted vanilla so bad. Now they want vanilla "lite". A vanilla with changes that make it different then the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

a unhonorable kill was something like -300 honor

if a player in your party / raid tagged a unhonorable npc it would really fuck up your rank
    Yep. I did this stuff solo on my rogue. It gave me a bit of a chuckle. I thought I remembered hearing you'd get an "Unhonorable" title out of it and other silly stuff, 's probably why I did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that helped people get GM/HWL in Vanilla, and got Commander myself on my Warrior, i really don't care either way.

I still have memories of dropping Vent channels and YELLING to wake our guy up. He refused to account share to R14. I remember him getting banned on the last day before reset and getting screwed out of R14 by the other Premade Group. I remember the Horde premade group stomping said other premade group into the ground EVERY TIME they faced off. Chilling in Vent with them until both of us got queue pops. Milking the Cow King. Getting R11 myself and being happy

If people want AUTHENTIC VANILLA... here you go.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    Yeah, not like all those changes they're already fucking making lololololololololol.

You're right that the system was awful but that's the system classic used and they need to keep it. They aren't trying to make a perfect game, they're trying to remake original WoW.

that was only possible before battlegrounds were released

back then you were forced to solo or you would end up with less honor

Battlegrounds will be in from the start from what i understand so there is no chance of any solo player
    Battlegrounds will not be in from the start. People nowadays, in general, understand a lot better how the ranking system works and it will be the norm to form brackets every week that people respect. Caps for honor will be created every week by the community so that a rank 5 player won't take the spot of a rank 11 player trying to reach rank 12.

On a 2.5k pop realm you can expect bracket 1 for around 5-10 players, bracket 2 for 10-20 players and bracket 3 for 20-40 players. A rank 5 player won't be "allowed" to reach bracket 1 because the rank 11 player needs it a lot more.

This is to ensure that there is a system in place so that people that actually need ranking points the most are rewarded them. When the rank 5 player eventually reaches rank 11 he will join the bracket 1 or 2 group. Usually only bracket 1 and 2 are assigned to individual players, bracket 3 and below are usually open for everyone. What you can't do though is break the honor caps assigned to each bracket.

On low pop private realms (around 2k pop) numbers usually look like this

bracket 1 = 300k honor
    braket 2 = 250k honor
    bracket 3= 200k honor

If you're assigned to bracket 2 you can't go higher than 250k honor, when you reach 250k honor for a given week you stop pvp altogether. This is to ensure that everyone inside bracket 2 gets rewarded virtually the same amount of ranking points. If someone in bracket 2 reaches, for instance, 290k honor, they effectively lower the ranking points of everyone inside bracket 2 by a LARGE amount.

On a 2.5k pop realm without bgs the honor cap will be extremely lower than this.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-04-09 at 01:13 AM.

if a player in your party / raid tagged a unhonorable npc it would really fuck up your rank
    Dude me and a friend of mine griefed an asshole by doing this. He was like rank 12 or so, grinding relentlessly for 14. He was a giant prick, though. We were in a raid group with him to kill/farm Allies in Darnassus, and me and my friend tagged some wisps, dropped group, then killed the wisps and he (being in our party, which I believe you needed to be in despite also being in a raid group; they had to specifically be in your five man group) lost honor for it. Enough to almost lose a whole rank or something, if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?

You want vanilla servers you get vanilla servers.

Imagine if they make it easier, people will complain how it is no longer a prestigious thing to obtain. I have no interest in grinding for this Warlord stuff myself but I do want to see them. I wouldn't think it was all that great to see one if they changed it.

No changes means no changes, even if that includes the single worst reward scheme ever produced by this game.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Dude me and a friend of mine griefed an asshole by doing this. He was like rank 12 or so, grinding relentlessly for 14. He was a giant prick, though. We were in a raid group with him to kill/farm Allies in Darnassus, and me and my friend tagged some wisps, dropped group, then killed the wisps and he (being in our party, which I believe you needed to be in despite also being in a raid group; they had to specifically be in your five man group) lost honor for it. Enough to almost lose a whole rank or something, if I remember right.
    You don't lose honor on DKs, you lose something far more precious. You lose ranking points. You lose 100 ranking points. A rank 10 player has got 50k rank points, each DK lowers that by a flat amount of 100 which amounts to 2% of the total rank progress.

- - - Updated - - -

a unhonorable kill was something like -300 honor

not 300 honor. Honor is subjective. You can reach rank 14 with 1 honor if everyone else farmed 0 honor. You lost a flat amount of RP, ranking points. 100 RP.

It's funny, you keep talking like you understand the system but you clearly don't. So I would advise you to either stop spreading misinformation or go inform yourself.

that was only possible before battlegrounds were released

back then you were forced to solo or you would end up with less honor

battlegrounds will be in from the start from what i understand so there is no chance of any solo player
    Except they won't
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted no changes, so you get all the garbage too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Masses: WE WANT VANILLA!!!!

Also the Masses: Except this. And please don't do that, it was dumb. Oh, the other thing? No, no, leave it alone.

/popcorn
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.