Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If the qualifications are simply being a leader that joins the Horde and has some reason to want Sylvanas dead, just about anybody could take the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Demanding the unpredictible at the expense of archetypical pillars of genre are how we kill (or leave) a genre.

I'd rather not have Vince Russo writing for WoW, thank you very much. We don't always need a swerve, bro.

The tells are there, it wouldn't be crazy to put her in the role. It's not the outcome I personally want, but to think it invalid just because there's an archetypical and thus predictable path to the outcome is silly.
    She'd just die a couple expansions later anyways, leaving room for a power-hungry Lor'themar to take control and start abusing the Horde for his own ends. The tells are there, since we're already repeating one expansion.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2019-04-09 at 04:17 AM.

If the Horde doesn't get a "lapdog" leader we will just end up having to kill another Garrosh down the line.

why do people believe the horde needs a new war chief? why do people believe the current one won't last? is this personal preference or what? It feels like people are assuming because Garrosh died for far less, she has to be removed?

wait for her story to end before you cut her off.

I doubt there will be any Warchief after Sylvanas, Horde will go War Council mode to stop one person from having too much power, which is really what caused all the problems for the Horde to the rest of world tbh.

How about no

We don't need perfect flawless unlikeable Talanji as Warchief. We need a better-written character, one who is not perfect, makes mistakes sometimes. Alliance already have Pristine Anduin, let the Horde as it is now, with an interesting Warchief (i.e. not Baine either).

I'm pretty sure that Blizzard, if they ever hire writers one day, could do something interesting with Lor'themar as Warchief. But that'd need a heavy focus on him for a few months before setting him on the throne

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her, but shes too new. Maybe in a decade.

My top picks in order are as followed.

War council of all races.
    Thrall
    Saurfang
    Baine
    Lorthemar
    Resserected Loa Vol'jin
    All other candidates.

Any of the first 5 I would be fine with. Vol'jin would be kinda cool and unexpected, so its probably something blizzard could do, but I dont know how I feel about yet another character being rezzed in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    that will be sh8tting on every other horde racial leader, even Gallywix as warchief makes more sense than someone who was introduced 2 f8cking weeks ago
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I like her, but shes too new. Maybe in a decade.

My top picks in order are as followed.

War council of all races.
    Thrall
    Saurfang
    Baine
    Lorthemar
    Resserected Loa Vol'jin
    All other candidates.

Any of the first 5 I would be fine with. Vol'jin would be kinda cool and unexpected, so its probably something blizzard could do, but I dont know how I feel about yet another character being rezzed in the lore.
    Subtract Baine from the list. We need someone with allegiances to the Horde and he's very clearly working for the Alliance at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Subtract Baine from the list. We need someone with allegiances to the Horde and he's very clearly working for the Alliance at this point.
    He's the ideal; Warchief for times of peace. In a real-world scenario that's who I would want.

Yeah .. no. That is a hard pass for me. Selling me on someone who hasn't been part of the horde before ever and just recently joined is just complete wank. I'm fairly certain even Blizzard knows that, despite their SoCal mindsets.

Edit: Personally I'd like to see someone like Lorthemar at the helm, at least personality wise. But he cares first and foremost about his people. Baine is certainly the only one who actually cares about the Horde as a whole. Slvanas only cares about herself, then after a long pause maybe Nathanos (the true lapdog) and then after an even longer pause maybe the valkyr as pawns and then the undead followed by the rest of the Horde. Gallywix does only care about his money, no one else. Orcs and Trolls don't have proper leaders yet. Allied races are not part of the competition either.

I doubt they'll bring back Thrall, since they probably want the keep the Metzen involvment to a minimum. That Thrall has not spoken out against Slyvanas after the genocide at Teldrassil speaks volumes as to how much they wanted to write him out of the story. I wouldn't expect him to return ever at this point, unless they are truly desperate.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-09 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar, Thrall, or Nazgrel (a less genocidal then Garrosh)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah .. no. That is a hard pass for me. Selling me on someone who hasn't been part of the horde before ever and just recently joined is just complete wank. I'm fairly certain even Blizzard knows that, despite their SoCal mindsets.

Edit: Personally I'd like to see someone like Lorthemar at the helm, at least personality wise. But he cares first and foremost about his people. Baine is certainly the only one who actually cares about the Horde as a whole. Slvanas only cares about herself, then after a long pause maybe Nathanos (the true lapdog) and then after an even longer pause maybe the valkyr as pawns and then the undead followed by the rest of the Horde. Gallywix does only care about his money, no one else. Orcs and Trolls don't have proper leaders yet. Allied races are not part of the competition either.

I doubt they'll bring back Thrall, since they probably want the keep the Metzen involvment to a minimum. That Thrall has not spoken out against Slyvanas after the genocide at Teldrassil speaks volumes as to how much they wanted to write him out of the story. I wouldn't expect him to return ever at this point, unless they are truly desperate.
    Baine literally had no issue with murdering Horde members in order to get Jaina's brother. Then stole a Horde ship in order to meet with the Alliance. He's a fucking Alliance lapdog and doesn't care about honor at all or the Horde.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be an absolute shit show of Lore if they chose her to be the new Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sylvanas: She thinks to summon me? Hmph. I suppose she is allowed some posturing today.
    Talanji: De Horde has been a trustworthy ally to Zandalar.
    Talanji: Without our partnership, we may not have overcome de threats dat rose against us.
    Talanji: I understand dat you have need of our forces. De Alliance will stop at nothing to destroy you.
    Talanji: So let it be official. De Zandalari and de Horde will stand together... as equals.
    Sylvanas: Equals?

I am de queen of Zandalar. And a queen kneels to no one. Surely, you understand.
    Sylvanas: I see... Very well, Queen Talanji. The Horde welcomes you.
    I'm in the camp that thinks were getting a council after Sylvanas is deposed.
    Having a single unified leader for each faction is too good a narrative tool to just junk which is precisely why Varian Wrynn was brought back in Wrath of the Lich King, to act as an overall leader for a faction that previously didn't have one and thus lacked narrative cohesion.

Not to mention the role of Warchief is too iconic to simply abandon, it is integral to the Horde and player expectations of the Horde.
    No, we will be getting a new Warchief if Sylvanas is replaced and frankly Talanji is as good a guess as any, she seems to have many of the positives a leader requires, fewer of the drawbacks either Baine or Saurfang would have, she would be backed by the spirit of Vol'Jin AND she won't be too keen to get too close to the Alliance that murdered her father (thus ensuring a continued antagonistic relationship between the two sides).

I would advise people not to get too wild in their expectations though, Blizzard can be very straightforward storytellers. Back in Mists of Pandaria when we knew Garrosh was going to be deposed there were all kinds of guesses as to who the next Horde Warchief would be. People thought Aggra, Baine, Thrall again, Lor'themar, even Sylvanas. These guesses were in part driven by the fact that Vol'Jin, the leader of the Darkspear Rebellion, who had had a ton of narrative focus in Mists of Pandaria including his own novel, was just too obvious. People wanted a twist, just as they did with the burning of Teldrassil.

Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. Admittedly though it is a little less straightforward this time around as there are actually several plausible successor candidates, but I believe it will be either Saurfang or Talanji. Baine is out of the running because he is too pacifistic and he is aligned to Saurfang's school of thought rather than leading himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Female horde leader, LoL! Horde need a proper man! Lor'themar Theron to the rescue!
    He's hiding, he ran out of mascara and wore biege panties today instead of the usual pink ones, so he's not prepared.

Talanji might be a good leader eventually, but besides her being new to being a true leader she's new to the horde.
    Noone should/would accept her as leader yet, especially seeing the nature of the horde where you prove yourself with actions.
    Aside from that, what will this power do to her, how will she evolve.

I am glad however that she didn't just roll over during the scenario, without giving spoilers

lol Talanji is basically forced as fuck because blizzard needed a more diverse cast.

Would still rather have AU grommash as leader of the maghar than Overlord rule63thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    The next warchief should be an orc.
    No more orcs. Thrall was a good warchief but generally orcs are too stupid and primitive to lead the Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No more orcs. Thrall was a good warchief but generally orcs are too stupid and primitive to lead the Horde.
    If anything, I think an elf as Horde warchief is a travesty. It's absurd really, just like Sylvanas really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Honestly, the tells are there. She's been introduced as this new powerful leader. She had the Zandalari join the Horde. Bwonsamdi offered her a deal to get out of his bloodline pact if she kills Sylvanas. All the other options are absolutely terrible. I would honestly prefer Talanji over the Alliance lapdog that is Baine. Think Blizzard has actually been hinting this or am I reading too much into it?
    How can people keep pulling shit like this out of their asses?

Talanji is no where near Warchief material.. She's an untested daughter of a great king..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/