Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Just logged in after 3 days and noticed weapon mods have been reworked, very few penalties and nerfed bonuses , is the 60 round mag gone for good?
    There's a version that's 20 rounds at the cost of reload speed or something. I can't remember off the top of my head. You get it via a weekly project.

@KrayZ33 Many of the weapon classes have a range of firing characteristics. EG: You can use an M60 and an RPK and the latter works basically like an AR. There are also MMRs that fire like a Rifle and dont require a scope, so technically you could use a 5shot and 20shot MMR. I dont think its ideal, but if people like that its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Marksman Rifles are meh at endgame-PvE - enemies move like crazy *when* they move and in zig-zag and also in an extremely buggy way too. Sometimes with completely unpredictable movement that makes absolutely no sense.
    Not sure if you can somehow cheese stuff from 40m+ away, I wouldn't be suprised if the enemy AI simply stops doing stuff when you are too far away.

Yeah, no... all the deployables and shit are just too much of a hassle to deal with, with a Marksman Rifle.
    The drones alone would require a lot of reloading and weapon switching, the robo-dogs don't give a damn about cover and hitting these on top the turret on wheels with your marksman rifle would be a complete waste of time, just like hitting any kind of heavies with your marksman rifle. That is an absolute stupid thing to do.

You'll probably need like ~50 marksman shots if you want to kill a robo-dog or named/high difficulty heavy with your marksman rifle.
    You don't get the headshot bonus, which means it'll basically do as much as 4 bullets out of an AR.

There was a post on the official forums describing how a solo player was consistently running out of ammo on Challenging missions, despite landing mostly headshots and weakpoints.

I got to thinking about it, and like you said, even with perfect aim, it doesn't account for how you'd deal with heavies, mini-tanks, or robo-dogs. You'd either need to cheese the AI somehow, or be running around so much to get an angle on weakpoints that you'd expose yourself to fire from everything else. Either way, I don't see how anyone would breeze through it.

So when I see someone claim that challenging content feels like a normal mission, that they had "no problem whatsoever", that it was "simple", all while using "completely random gear with no optimization" and using a controller instead of a mouse? Yeah...I'm not inclined to believe that at all, even with scaling that happens for solo players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    @KrayZ33 Many of the weapon classes have a range of firing characteristics. EG: You can use an M60 and an RPK and the latter works basically like an AR. There are also MMRs that fire like a Rifle and dont require a scope, so technically you could use a 5shot and 20shot MMR. I dont think its ideal, but if people like that its fine.
    I actually tend to use Rifles more like a pistol: Short to Medium range and spamming body shots. Occasionally I zoom in for a headshot if some turd NPC is camping out behind cover 100 yards away and I CBF to run over there. I've recently started using MMRs for that job, tho, since they're a lot more effective for it.

When ammo isnt bugged I find grenades or xbow bolts make short work of robots and also do a number on heavies. Also having incendiary or shock ammo on sawedoff is almost cheating... it goes a long time and most enemies die in 2-3 shots even as elites in 4man scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marksman Rifles are meh at endgame-PvE - enemies move like crazy *when* they move and in zig-zag and also in an extremely buggy way too. Sometimes with completely unpredictable movement that makes absolutely no sense.
    Not sure if you can somehow cheese stuff from 40m+ away, I wouldn't be suprised if the enemy AI simply stops doing stuff when you are too far away.
    Yeah and most of the time I don't shoot at them when they move (normal enemies that move fast that is) unless they are running towards me in a straight line in which case its easy to head shot them. 80% of the time the only moving they do is between cover, they do that a lot... I assume its the AI trying to execute its flanking stuff, but in missions you can essentially ALWAYS position yourself to not be flanked, so I guess it doesn't know what to do when it can't circle behind you and just runs back and forth between various cover.

Yeah, no... all the deployables and shit are just too much of a hassle to deal with, with a Marksman Rifle.
    The drones alone would require a lot of reloading and weapon switching, the robo-dogs don't give a damn about cover and hitting these on top the turret on wheels with your marksman rifle would be a complete waste of time, just like hitting any kind of heavies with your marksman rifle. That is an absolute stupid thing to do.
    'Deployables' are ALL simple to deal with and I never said I used a marksman rifle on them. All of the big drones die in just a few shots from any given AR, even yellow ones, they have like no HP... The small drones are actually great, shoot them right when they get deployed and you kill the guy deploying them, sometimes people next to him as well. The mini-tank? Shoot its tracks out and then position yourself somewhere it can't shoot you and ignore it. Either a drone operator will run out to repair it (sitting still, and easy to kill) or it will be irrelevant and explode on its own after you take everyone out, you never even have to fire at it after shooting its tracks (which break instantly). The robo-dogs? Grenades ignore their armor, throw 2 grenades on it while its sitting still winding up a shot, voila, its dead instantly. And a marksman rifle being a waste on heavies? Quit the opposite, not only do I kill them just as fast if not faster than with an AR, but its multitudes safer with a marksman rifle (referring to heavy gunners/grenadiers, not the heavy hammerer)... With an AR you have to continuously aim and shoot at them, and most of the time when you can shoot them they can shoot you; with a marksman rifle I can just chill in the safety of cover, pop out, take a pot shot into their head, go back into cover, etc., over and over and never get shot by them.

This on top of the fact that with the AR (or I assume other guns, I don't know, I haven't used anything else besides ARs/Rifles/Marksman Rifles), you are spraying... Have you watched the accuracy dot in the middle of the crosshairs? Its all over the place, if you are more than a couple meters from them, even if your aim is perfect, the random bounce of the dot will send bullets all over... You will be missing shots, hitting other pieces of armor (IE: completely wasted damage), you will be hitting weakpoints, which may break, causing them to start waving around doing all kinds of animations and such (IE: missing even more shots), etc. With the marksman rifle I take a few shots to break their helmet, they all hit, none of the damage is wasted, it happens fast and clean.

You'll probably need like ~50 marksman shots if you want to kill a robo-dog or named/high difficulty heavy with your marksman rifle.
    You don't get the headshot bonus, which means it'll basically do as much as 4 bullets out of an AR.
    Named enemies take just a few shots... They only have a couple million HP and the headshots with a good rifle, some elite damage, headshot damage, etc., will hit for like hundreds of thousands. Throw in some crits and its even faster.

The one exception I have seen are challenging named bosses with helmets, like the boss at the end of the world bank mission, for example. Its takes a lot of fucking shots to break that helmet because, as you pointed out, you lose all those bonuses you get when hitting the helmet, but the helmet has like just as much HP as a boss in general does, so it takes a while to break...

Youre better off just shredding their arm off, honestly. Shoot them in the arms to drop the gun and the armor is really weak... they usually have very small health pools.

All this talk about how mediocre Marksmen rifles are makes me kind of happy we only bought one copy.... sniping is the way we like to play.

I costantly use MMR and i find myself pretty comfortable with it. Just don't make it your only primary weapon - couple it with a good AR/SMG (i don't like shotguns but you can make them work) and use abilities that give you aoe damage like Chem Launcher (omg it's soooooo good) or Seeking Mines; actually playing with this combo.

The tactic is to disrupt enemies formation. There are plenty of positions to abuse while solo so the enemies are forced to come through a corridor, though it requires backtracking sometimes. Takes longer maybe but it's safe and MMR hits really heavy; i use the AR to break armor and then place a good headshot for fast kills.

For now it just works good and i like the pace. Then it's all up to the player.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    This patch really has only caused me issues. I can play the game in DX11 but the stutters are really bad at times. In DX12 it just instantly crashes. Also I seem to get issues where the game just stops loading assets in DX11, and I basically need to force my game shut and restart. The changes to Chem Launcher make it garbage now. I understand why they nerfed the 60+ bullets AR but it feels kinda meh going from a 30 mod magazine to 10. All in all, the game felt better pre patch.

So I can get this game for like $30 and I know I have kinda asked this before but how is the current state of the game?

I did enjoy the first one a bit but later issues like lack of endgame content and systems just being broken turned me away.

(Plan to play on PS4 Pro and mostly solo)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I can get this game for like $30 and I know I have kinda asked this before but how is the current state of the game?

I did enjoy the first one a bit but later issues like lack of endgame content and systems just being broken turned me away.

(Plan to play on PS4 Pro and mostly solo)
    Well, it's more of the same, only this time the world is actually worth it. Lots of events. The leveling is pretty much similar to the first Division, but now it's summer. The areas are more open in general. Endgame is fairly decent and more to come. It certainly doesn't lack endgame like Division 1 did on release. Apart from that it's the same gear score treadmill. Overall it is a very solid game. Last patch was a bit of a miss in my opinion but the game is still evolving, and free content is planned for the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Well, it's more of the same, only this time the world is actually worth it. Lots of events. The leveling is pretty much similar to the first Division, but now it's summer. The areas are more open in general. Endgame is fairly decent and more to come. It certainly doesn't lack endgame like Division 1 did on release. Apart from that it's the same gear score treadmill. Overall it is a very solid game. Last patch was a bit of a miss in my opinion but the game is still evolving, and free content is planned for the first year.
    Cool beans thanks for the info, Just been very on the fence about it.

The world does look much nicer then the first game, I was tired of all the snow lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool beans thanks for the info, Just been very on the fence about it.

The world does look much nicer then the first game, I was tired of all the snow lol.
    I much prefer DC in summer as well. I liked the snow in New York but everything started looking the same after awhile. The Division 2 definitely improved upon the first game in general. You'll certainly get your value out of a $30 purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I much prefer DC in summer as well. I liked the snow in New York but everything started looking the same after awhile. The Division 2 definitely improved upon the first game in general. You'll certainly get your value out of a $30 purchase.
    Thanks I think ill give it a go.

If anything I can return it within 7 days as well.

Question: i'm wondering about the season pass. What does it actually unlock in terms of contents and such? I also have 100 ucoins or whatever they're called for the 20% discount.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

i think you get the new content early - besides that? no idea tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Question: i'm wondering about the season pass. What does it actually unlock in terms of contents and such? I also have 100 ucoins or whatever they're called for the 20% discount.
    A week of early access to the three year one DLC drops.

All three of the new specializations will be unlocked immediately upon their release... No one knows what unlocking them without the season pass will entail yet, Ubisoft has only said the new ones will 'unlock over time through gameplay', but the first new one becomes available on April 25, so we will know soon enough.

Eight little side missions (released over a period of time, none are released yet) about how DC fell into disarray before the agent arrived; these probably won't be very elaborate, I expect they will just be like 'go here, kill some enemies, listen to the recording' type missions. Each one will award a backpack cosmetic.

You get one extra bounty offered per week and one extra daily mission project per day.

If they have more little events like this apparel event (I assume they will since their reveal of this was like "This will be our FIRST apparel event!"), it seems it will give you a little bonus in them. At the beginning of this event I got some extra keys for having the season pass.

And judging by that last one, perhaps there are more extra things we don't know about yet. They never said prior to launch that buying the season pass would give you extra stuff during events, but then it happened, so perhaps other things like that may happen depending on what they do throughout the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna say this:

Last summer I was in Virginia for 3 months, like 40 miles from DC. I'd take the metro almost every weekend to DC and explore. So going into TD2 is a lot of fun.

I had a shootout in the Jefferson Center food court thinking "I ate lunch here!" I entered DZ North to an overpass that I was actually lost underneath once (it was the one time I decided to drive to DC, I was supposed to be on that overpass, but I was somehow under it, and my GPS was losing its shit.) There's a restaurant in the art garden on the mall (no idea what it's called) and I've eaten there. Found it in game. It's a little different, there are bathrooms in the real world where there's an opening in game, but mostly the same.

Going through the American History Museum or Air and Space was fun because I did both museums. Where I had been enjoying the Soyuz capsule and the many rockets we've built to go to space in the real world, I had a firefight with True Sons, and later Black Tusk in game.

It's just fun going to places I actually visited in game.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    A week of early access to the three year one DLC drops.

All three of the new specializations will be unlocked immediately upon their release... No one knows what unlocking them without the season pass will entail yet, Ubisoft has only said the new ones will 'unlock over time through gameplay', but the first new one becomes available on April 25, so we will know soon enough.

Eight little side missions (released over a period of time, none are released yet) about how DC fell into disarray before the agent arrived; these probably won't be very elaborate, I expect they will just be like 'go here, kill some enemies, listen to the recording' type missions. Each one will award a backpack cosmetic.

You get one extra bounty offered per week and one extra daily mission project per day.

If they have more little events like this apparel event (I assume they will since their reveal of this was like "This will be our FIRST apparel event!"), it seems it will give you a little bonus in them. At the beginning of this event I got some extra keys for having the season pass.

And judging by that last one, perhaps there are more extra things we don't know about yet. They never said prior to launch that buying the season pass would give you extra stuff during events, but then it happened, so perhaps other things like that may happen depending on what they do throughout the year.
    It will be exactly the same as in Rainbow 6, non pass owners will get access 1 week later

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

snip

don't get me wrong, I totally believe you when you say Challenge Solo is easy, because it actually is - it's easier solo than in a group in fact.
    Even in my unoptimized gear, where I miss out on like 50% weapon damage on talents, I beat them in around 15-20 minutes solo.
    There is hardly any difference to norma open world WT5. So I also totally disagree with the statement that people run out of ammo during them.

But the Marksmanrifle has proven to be absolutely useless in combat when you still have to "establish control" and enemies have a lot of HP and walk around a lot and when you play in a group, that's just what happens most of the time unless you are the dude very far back maybe, but if you are, you are probably not getting the shots you want due to limited line of sight
    With enough HP, enemies tend to move forward, they have to get hit to stop advancing, if you miss out on a headshot, you have used like 2s on a guy to deal ~150-200k dmg, something and before you get the next shot in you have to reposition yourself or get behind cover again.
    Marksman Rifle DPS is rather low unless you really hit every shot and at least 75-85% of them with relative optimal RPM in the head.

Which is not something you can reliably do, no matter what.
    Even in PvP, people tend to use the LMG/AR builds over the one shot sniper stuff, even though you can literally one tap people.
    Because the LMGs can deal the same amount of damage to not only 1 guy but several others after the first guy, all the time. Missing a shot with an Marksman Rifle is like missing 20% of your shots from a magazine.
    Considering how often enemies go from cryptwalk to Usian in milisecond intervals and outmove the shit out of us in this game due to that, it's just too risky.

The only thing I see them being used for is if you are *the* guy on an elevated position somewhere far away.
    It's a really good weapon to hit enemies who are supressed or hiding behind cover. So they are good for "clean up" and are doing it in a very safe manner (no pushing required)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-04-09 at 06:37 PM.