Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Man this game is crazy for unlocking stuff. Been at 70 for a fair while and had a massive break, figured I'd start my end of expac cleanup of story and such and ended up unlocking like 10 new dungeons and a few raids. Holy crapbaskets.
    Yeah, it's both good and bad. It's good because there's always something new to unlock, explore and experience...but it also means that sometimes to get to the stuff you REALLY want to be doing, you've got a LOT of stuff to slog through to get there.

The vast majority of things in this game are unlocked as you progress through the MSQ, with some minimal amount of things unlocked on the side, but still require you to reach a certain point in the MSQ before it allows you to unlock them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Speaking as a savage progressed tank
    I was talking about item level differences, sorry should have worded it more clearly.

Sure, for you endgame BiS equipped tanks this might be a non issue (if you try to aggro a group with Circle of Scorn alone I'm sure you will lose aggro to random DPS picking a target and tunneling in that one) but it was my impression that this advice was given to a person that has't yet reached 70. So he will be behind in gear and in that scenario, there is no way around the aggro combo or flash unless you want your pulls to end in chaos.

Trust me, I'd love to be able to forgo these things but even being 10ilvl behind is enough to need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So its the FFXV event next week right? i wonder how many people that didn't playing XV will hear the boss theme and wonder if sokens started to rip off skyrim
    Heheh, sure such short snippets may be similar but I doubt the entire track is like that.

I have a quick question, can I play the free trial indefinitely? I want to level all jobs to the maximum available level of 35 (I think?), can I do that or does the free trial end or will my character be deleted before I reach that point? Also, how long would it take me to level them all to 35? I want to get the most out of my free trial as I can, also it will show me if I can truly enjoy the game, I don't mind chilling in the low level areas since a new expansion will release in summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I have a quick question, can I play the free trial indefinitely? I want to level all jobs to the maximum available level of 35 (I think?), can I do that or does the free trial end or will my character be deleted before I reach that point? Also, how long would it take me to level them all to 35? I want to get the most out of my free trial as I can, also it will show me if I can truly enjoy the game, I don't mind chilling in the low level areas since a new expansion will release in summer.
    Pretty sure you can just continue leveling all jobs to 35.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Pretty sure you can just continue leveling all jobs to 35.
    Ah okay, and how would I be leveling them all? Do quests reset when I switch my job?

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Ah okay, and how would I be leveling them all? Do quests reset when I switch my job?
    Sadly no. So it's best to fate/hunt log spam to 10, guildhest/leve spam to 15 and just do roulettes or Palace of the Dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah the game is paced decently well for lvling a single job but afterwards its alot of repeating content to get to max. when you finally get a full version of the game I recommend unlocking beast tribes, which are just dailies that give good exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sadly no. So it's best to fate/hunt log spam to 10, guildhest/leve spam to 15 and just do roulettes or Palace of the Dead.
    That and do yourself a favor and do Hall of the Novice. You get a nice set of starter gear for whatever role it is and you get a nifty ring that gives you decent all around stats and 30% experience for classes below 30. If you decide to pick up the expansion, you can get an earring that gives another 30% experience to classes below 70, and to the best of my knowledge they stack.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Sure does seem to be a lot of server congestion issues lately. Guess there's a lot of WoW refugees and people coming back for Shadowbringers on my server...

Two more weeks until the split. Think that will help?
    Doesn't help that Square has trash servers and a terrible network setup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Doesn't help that Square has trash servers and a terrible network setup.
    You're telling me. The number of times I've performed an action only for mobs to keep running, then pause, then turn, THEN run back to me all while I'm hammering a threat skill is too many. Servers or whatever take WAY too long to register player input, and I play at around 20ms to the data center.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You're telling me. The number of times I've performed an action only for mobs to keep running, then pause, then turn, THEN run back to me all while I'm hammering a threat skill is too many. Servers or whatever take WAY too long to register player input, and I play at around 20ms to the data center.
    Yea what you're referring to is server tick which is part of the netcode. FF14's server tick is quite a bit on the long side for an MMO which is what will cause issues like you getting hit by an AoE that you think you're out of unlike WoW's tickrate which is quite quick and is part of the reason why the game feels so fluid. Unfortunately changing this is something so ingrained into the games engine that it'll likely never change given how often they bring up 1.0's spaghetti code as an excuse for other quality of life changes not occurring.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-04-10 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    It may also be how the game does enemy spell casts. For some reason if a mob queues up a skill/spell/anything besides an auto-hit between the time it targets someone and the threat changes, the mob will REFUSE to change target until it hits that party member, even if it's without a cast bar.

Okay so let me save you a headache for the hatching tide event for the spriggan themed outfit The npcs to find are Mother Miounne in the Gridania in and Gabineaux in his house on the east side of central shroud the second one requiring you to know french is a little bullshit but at least they are still trying puzzles out rather than giving up on them like some of the weaker 'talk to 3 people' events.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Yea what you're referring to is server tick which is part of the netcode. FF14's server tick is quite a bit on the long side for an MMO which is what will cause issues like you getting hit by an AoE that you think you're out of unlike WoW's tickrate which is quite quick and is part of the reason why the game feels so fluid. Unfortunately changing this is something so ingrained into the games engine that it'll likely never change given how often they bring up 1.0's spaghetti code as an excuse for other quality of life changes not occurring.
    They've made improvements to it, but it would probably hard to wrangle the code to do anything else. Maybe someday they will, but I'd rather they just work on content, the input ticks I can deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Okay so let me save you a headache for the hatching tide event for the spriggan themed outfit The npcs to find are Mother Miounne in the Gridania in and Gabineaux in his house on the east side of central shroud the second one requiring you to know french is a little bullshit but at least they are still trying puzzles out rather than giving up on them like some of the weaker 'talk to 3 people' events.
    I loved the puzzle! Had a lot of fun trying to figure it out. I hope we get more of these types of quests. It's much more engaging to try to figure out something on your own rather than just following a quest marker in a straight line to your destination.

(Hatching Tide quest 2019 spoiler) Was really nice to see Gridania offering employment to a Spriggan. Would be pretty cool to see more non-humanoid beings in the cities, like the Cactuar who runs the Gold Saucer. Some may think it silly, but I think it really livens up the world and adds to the fantasy. Bomb and Mandragora NPCs, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I loved the puzzle! Had a lot of fun trying to figure it out. I hope we get more of these types of quests. It's much more engaging to try to figure out something on your own rather than just following a quest marker in a straight line to your destination.

(Hatching Tide quest 2019 spoiler) Was really nice to see Gridania offering employment to a Spriggan. Would be pretty cool to see more non-humanoid beings in the cities, like the Cactuar who runs the Gold Saucer. Some may think it silly, but I think it really livens up the world and adds to the fantasy. Bomb and Mandragora NPCs, perhaps?
    I was really bummed out when the last Rising was literally "talk to 3 npcs, good job u da bes" but lately they've mixed it up a little. I know a few folks who are bummed they missed the secret secondary vendor during valentiones day that got a DRK Gigas Greatsword and CUL Tonberry Knife. No quest attached to it, just pay attention and talk to a dodgy npc and then find a hidden magic pot vendor on the other side of the map with no direction.

If only we could get limited jobs like that, it would make a fun scavenger hunt.

5+ Year Old Account
    We've the FFXV crossover event to look forward to next week as well! Along with the four person mount!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope the data mine for the mount wasn't right and it doesn't cost mgp, kinda want to get it on my alt aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    I really hope the data mine for the mount wasn't right and it doesn't cost mgp, kinda want to get it on my alt aswell.
    Can you help a noob, or direct a noob to a resource to explain what MGP is? I am playing through HS right and plan to be 70 soonish, and FFXV is actually one of my favorite FFs, and i want to be able to participate in this event, but im not sure what MGP is?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Can you help a noob, or direct a noob to a resource to explain what MGP is? I am playing through HS right and plan to be 70 soonish, and FFXV is actually one of my favorite FFs, and i want to be able to participate in this event, but im not sure what MGP is?
    Manderville Gold Points.

It's basically the currency used for the Gold Saucer. You earn it from minigames, the GATES (fun little events that rotate), challenge log and the cacpots. You can go to the Gold Saucer at level 15 from the quest in Uldah called "It could happen to you".

You can basically buy all sorts with it like glamours, Triple Triad cards, Minions, Orchestrion Rolls and even the Garo crossover armor sets (these ones cannot be dyed though).

The Regalia will cost 200,000 MGP (datamined) and you'll have a good month to get it. Just doing the Challenge Log on top of a few other things per week will easily net you 200k.

Plus there is the Fashion Report which you get like 80k MGP I think if you score higher than 80.