Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a point of fact, by and large I've learned it's the second impression that matters most. A good second impression can convince someone to write off a bad first impression as them just catching you on an off day. A good second impression reinforcing a good first impression can make things significantly easier for you when dealing with them in the future. A bad second impression can spoil a good first impression and make you seen fake. A bad second impression can also reinforce a bad first impression and convince them you really are a jackass.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

People find the stupidest things to whine about. People label me with a group and I am not of that group I fucking ignore it unless it is going to fuck with my job or family. Specifically on the internet. I mean who the fuck cares if everyone here thinks I am something I am not. Zero fucks given. Sure I might have a discussion but once I see its about putting me in a jar its typically the end. People just need to get over this shit.

Meh, first impressions matter is just code for you've already made up your mind and it's up to others to convince you rather than realise you don't have enough experience to do a generalization and to gather it yourself.

First impressions rarely matters.

It is not my duty to fix anything just because we share a similar characteristic. Idc what other white ppl do. Or other men. Or other Americans. I dont need to fix any of these groups.

If I see someone doing wrong, I will attempt to correct it depending on the day, but I am in no way obligated to do anything.

If you want to think this way, then you can go ahead and say as a human, you should fix all other humans. I personally wont be, but good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's say you are an old school middle aged person who has never used the internet much. One day you decide to check it out to see what's the buzz all about. Unfortunately for you, you stumble across total cesspits like 4chan, reddit, Daily Stormer and all the rest. You form an opinion: the internet is full of toxic people.

Then a group of white knights comes screeching at you, "NOT ALL INTERNET USERS ARE LIKE THAT". Yep, not all internet users are like that. Fortunately for you, you have been on the internet for decades and know how to correctly identify and avoid shit like incels, 4chan etc. A person visiting the internet for the first time, however, does not. It is not their duty to be super knowledgeable from the get-go and form the correct first impression. They see several toxic subgroups, they decide that the entirety of the internet is toxic and you can't blame them for it. The internet, on the other hand, should have collectively cleaned up its act and gotten rid of its more toxic elements in order to make it more welcoming. Habitual internet users in this case don't have the excuse of ignorance.

Let's apply this to other groups.

A white person complaining about black gangbangers and gangsters can claim ignorance. The black community, however, knows that there are both black gangbangers and completely well-adjusted black doctors, engineers, scientists, office workers, movie-makers etc. The black community, however, cannot claim ignorance and disavow the gangbangers that are a part of their community by making statements like "NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE". It is a community-specific problem and it should be fixed by said community.

A woman complaining about fuckboys from the local frat can claim ignorance. Men as a whole, however, know that there are both fuckboys, incels, mgtows and well-adjusted, totally sane men. Men, however, cannot claim ignorance and disavow the fuckboys that are a part of their group by making statements like "NOT ALL MEN". It's a group-specific problem and should be fixed by said group.

Same goes for a lot of other groups and their specific problematic subgroups:

Women and gold-diggers.

Americans and Trump voters.

Muslims and Jihadists.

White people and far-right KKK / Nazi groups.

If you belong to a certain group, it is YOUR duty to clean your shit up. You can't expect other people not to develop feelings of hatred towards you after being exposed to the less savory subgroups of your group. They can claim ignorance. You cannot.
    So we can blame you when Zenkai goes off a tangent again?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ghostpanther Shush. We don't count. We are old and don't know how to Internet!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Ghostpanther Shush. We don't count. We are old and don't know how to Internet!
    ROFL! I get that impression at times on here. But I still enjoy it or I would not be here.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the OPs thinking is that you can literally be grouped with every other person on the planet depending on how you want to define a group. The groups they have chosen to list can overlap with every other group they have chosen to list if you just change the criteria. Male group and female groups? Instead, break those two groups down by age, geographical area, education levels, etc. and now you have men and women grouped together, but separated by different criteria. There is always a way to group anyone on the planet with any other person. So no. You shouldn't claim people are responsible for a "group" that you have placed them all in when they themselves don't identify as part of that "group".

We're all human beings -- what some shitty human does, I'll blame it on you too OP just by association of the species!

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    It is not my duty to fix anything just because we share a similar characteristic. Idc what other white ppl do. Or other men. Or other Americans. I dont need to fix any of these groups.

If I see someone doing wrong, I will attempt to correct it depending on the day, but I am in no way obligated to do anything.

If you want to think this way, then you can go ahead and say as a human, you should fix all other humans. I personally wont be, but good on you.
    It doesn't matter if you decide to opt out of your groups and refuse to do anything about their collective behavior. It starts to matter when people become apathetic en mass. As a member of a group, you have both rights and obligations (not necessarily encoded in law - could be mores and norms). As a citizen of the USA, for example, you have certain rights associated with living in the USA (freedom of expression etc., all those other rights protected by the government). You also, however, ABSOLUTELY have a duty to ensure reasonable governance of the USA, especially seeing as it is one of the most politically, militarily, economically and culturally significant countries in the world.

If a member of an advanced extraterrestrial race came down to Earth and started nuking everything, you would chide him for being irresponsible with the power that is bestowed onto him by his race. Same applies to US elections. You have the power to influence the world in a significant way and yet you use it irresponsibly by either not exercising it at all or using it to elect morons to head your country. It is completely reprehensible.

In the past humans made complex group-wide institutions to regulate the behaviors of others belonging to said group. Christianity, Islam etc. all regulated the behavior of their adherents. Patriarchy regulated the behavior of men. When you dismantle those institutions, people have to step up and self-regulate lest their groups become breeding grounds for assholes (which is what we're seeing now with men giving rise to far-right insanity such as incels, neo-nazis etc., among other examples).

Modern individualism is great. It gives people more rights than ever. But you have to be responsible with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It doesn't matter if you decide to opt out of your groups and refuse to do anything about their collective behavior. It starts to matter when people become apathetic en mass. As a member of a group, you have both rights and obligations (not necessarily encoded in law - could be mores and norms). As a citizen of the USA, for example, you have certain rights associated with living in the USA (freedom of expression etc., all those other rights protected by the government). You also, however, ABSOLUTELY have a duty to ensure reasonable governance of the USA, especially seeing as it is one of the most politically, militarily, economically and culturally significant countries in the world.

If a member of an advanced extraterrestrial race came down to Earth and started nuking everything, you would chide him for being irresponsible with the power that is bestowed onto him by his race. Same applies to US elections. You have the power to influence the world in a significant way and yet you use it irresponsibly by either not exercising it at all or using it to elect morons to head your country. It is completely reprehensible.

In the past humans made complex group-wide institutions to regulate the behaviors of others belonging to said group. Christianity, Islam etc. all regulated the behavior of their adherents. Patriarchy regulated the behavior of men. When you dismantle those institutions, people have to step up and self-regulate lest their groups become breeding grounds for assholes (which is what we're seeing now with men giving rise to far-right insanity such as incels, neo-nazis etc., among other examples).

Modern individualism is great. It gives people more rights than ever. But you have to be responsible with it.
    The only responsibility I have is to do my best not to negatively affect everyone else while doing what I believe is best for me.

If an alien came down and nuked us I wouldn't be thinking "wow how irresponsible ". I'd be thinking I'm gonna kill this prick to ensure my own survival.

And who I vote for is up to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn OP, get tired of people making fun of you in your commie threads so now you make one about race and politics?

You really suck at bait threads. You should message Mallsecurity or Elba if you want to learn how to do it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Look, the internet is a magical place - if someone can't handle it: GO back to BED!

I've helped 80 year olds in tech support that would run circles around EASILY 75% of the users here - that's a fact. And I've had 18 year olds that were as dumb as a box of rocks - so again: if you can't handle the HEAT, GTFO

This thread began with more than one forbidden topic. closing now...