Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because Thunder Bluff would be leveled within the week if they all tried to be as traitorous as their leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Right, she won't be imprisoned, but she will most certainly be overthrown and exiled, and Horde will lose yet another war and yet another warchief. It will be basically the same crap from MoP, maybe 10% different.

Not to mention that writers have really put themselves between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Sylvanas. So far, the only choices left for her are 1) raid boss in 9.x (now that is confirmed it won't happen in 8.3), 2) cringey redemption arc, ala Illidan... Or maybe 3) going afk for one or two expansions. None of the those sound particularly enticing to me.
    She is probably going to disappear in some way or another, not dying. Something big will happen with her and she will be gone for the horde. Then sometime down the road when Blizzard feels its time, they will make a xpac with her as a main focus. So they now have a wildcard hidden when the time is right.

as for the Taurens? I have wondered for years why they are part of the horde. They dont fit at all anymore. Could be said for races on both sides, but they really stick out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Even if that's true, the tauren don't know that yet.
    But they don't know that their leader is going to end up dead either.

Also they most likely would feel an obligation with the Hightmountain, so unless they leave the horde with them, they won't really leave

Quote Originally Posted by Jowany View Post
    Maybe taurens don't know he was captured.. It was quite private meeting, maybe they are keeping this in silence.
    There were tons of "no bodies" in the background. I'm sure the average Tauren heard about it on the 5 o' clock news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    But they don't know that their leader is going to end up dead either.

Also they most likely would feel an obligation with the Hightmountain, so unless they leave the horde with them, they won't really leave
    If you talk to the leader of the Highmountain after she does say that she wishes she had just stayed in high mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    She is probably going to disappear in some way or another, not dying. Something big will happen with her and she will be gone for the horde. Then sometime down the road when Blizzard feels its time, they will make a xpac with her as a main focus. So they now have a wildcard hidden when the time is right.

as for the Taurens? I have wondered for years why they are part of the horde. They dont fit at all anymore. Could be said for races on both sides, but they really stick out.

Well said about Sylvanas, hope they do it and make her a baddie to kill in another expansion.
    For why the tauren are with the horde is goes back to when Thrall helped the tauren survive the centaur wave killing, so Cairne made a deal with Thrall to join the Horde, if i said something wrong, correct me pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If you talk to the leader of the Highmountain after she does say that she wishes she had just stayed in high mountain.
    Yeah, i do remember that, i really wish all of this push all the Tauren clans together, maybe even push them to look for their long-gone brothers and sisters (those in northrend and those in Pandaria)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Why are you fishing for drama? Do you really expect Blizzard to suddenly turn all tauren factionless or alliance, when we don't even know how the tauren as a collective feel about Baine's imprisonment?
    He's JustRob. His purpose in life is to make pointless threads to complain about every event in lore, every hotfix, every new content, and every bug. Just look at his post history.

They might support Sylvanas.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    To be fair, the Tauren leaving that way would def cause Baine to get executed.
    Plus the Tauren aren't special, everyone doesn't like Sylvanas' methods. Even Gallywix pauses to question if showing her Azerite was the right call. The tauren aren't going to leave, because everyone would for the same reasons. And since there is no reason for all of the Horde to leave instead of just removing her, they're just going to kick her out.

The real question should be: Why wait until the threshold was crossed 3x over, before 'feeling' something was wrong?
    I thought that thing with Gallywix was a very nice touch. He's really only had two humanizing, so to speak, moments. There, and the Blank Scroll short story.

The Taurens are an honorable race.
    Baine is a traitor to the Horde and dishonored himself by acting on his own.

In fact this is the 2e time Baine is doing this crap.
    Once the Alliance invaded the Barrens alot of Taurens wanted to get revenge Baine kicked them out.
    Now by his act he is putting alot of Tauren lifes in danger just for his own agenda.
    If anything is clear Baine is not leader material he acts on emotion not logics.
    The Taurens need to replace Baine as leader and ask the warchief that the Taurens will come up with a punishement for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Why are you fishing for drama?
    Did you miss who you're asking this?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    That story (if it's told at all) will probably be in novels, not in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of creating a third faction, starting and then deciding to be either neutral or horde or alliance or just staying neutral could be a solution.
    This way they would not need to change the quest system and the PvP system. As neutral you simply can't PvP in bgs but you could quest in horde and alliance areas. Just dreaming ofc but they could also make more money with faction changing to neutral (basically a third faction but still different since you can't enter BGS or warfronts)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the more important question is why are there no dwarves in the horde

Since Sylvanas captured Baine (and probably plans to have him killed), why are the tauren still in the Horde? He's their leader. They should be departing from the Horde en masse.

What is it? Blizzard too lazy to make fundamental gameplay changes that reflect the story? Like usual?
    Actually, not only Thunderbluff but also the Highmountain, because of the close ties they have with each other.

The truth is Night Elves and Tauren have so much in common that i never understood why they became enemies in the first place (aka vanilla wow lore), besides their hate / love for the Orgrimmar Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because Thunder Bluff would be leveled within the week if they all tried to be as traitorous as their leader.
    I think it would be worse... it would be the plot of the unused Barrens Warfront!!!! (or even a spinoff Thunderbluff Warfront)

Dont we all LOVE Warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the more important question is why are there no dwarves in the horde
    Be careful with what you ask, or you might get void dwarves as a future allied race.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-04-09 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Instead of creating a third faction, starting and then deciding to be either neutral or horde or alliance or just staying neutral could be a solution.
    This way they would not need to change the quest system and the PvP system. As neutral you simply can't PvP in bgs but you could quest in horde and alliance areas. Just dreaming ofc but they could also make more money with faction changing to neutral (basically a third faction but still different since you can't enter BGS or warfronts)
    I 100% agree, I think being able to team up cross faction should just already be a thing for carebear at leasttttt. meaning: Cross realm mythic after a certain period of time RIGHT.. what about CROSS FACTION RAID content?!?! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Because Baine isn't going to die, and will most likely become Warchief by the end of BFA.
    Guess the horde will have a goblin warchief 3 expansions from now with this roulette fanfiction.

So far Sylvanas is a more effective destroyer of the Horde than the Alliance. She's taken out 3 of their leaders already.
    -The Desolate Council (massacred)
    -Baine (imprisoned)
    -Saurfang (banished/hunted)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Alliance does still have forces knocking on their door last we checked. They're trapped between two fears. "Enemy of my enemy" and all that.

No, I want them to find Saurfang, collect the groups of orcs that are loyal to him, march on Sylvanas and chop her head off lol
    Did you mean "march on Sylvanas and die"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    They could also do another alternative without ruining the Alliance Horde system.

The Alliance and Horde could remain in peace, and they introduce a new faction system that only works for the current expansion, where each character decides which side to choose. It could be a permanent faction division system like ALDOR VS SCRYERS or ORACLES VS FRENZYHEART at war with each other, where it could also mean PVP between both sides.

Like this, faction leaders, races, whatever can freely migrate from one side to the other without destroying the archaic Alliance vs. Horde system, in which the entire WoW was built upon.